Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indy Converstaion

Dozy. Let's talk about women living in fear. What are your views on the marine fisheries officer (female) working at Scrabster allegedly abused by her collegues. This was the main story on BBC Scotland news. The SNP government refused to allow her to talk to the BBC. And you think the SNP and independence are the right way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    You live in a very odd world Dozy where women live in fear of abuse all their life!

Are you suggesting that if Scotland were to become independent women would be safe for ever? Have you ever heard of alcohol? My guess, alcohol is the main reason women live in fear, be it domestic or out on the street. I respect the SNP for taxing alcohol the way they have but unless they ban it completely then I'm afraid women will still be at risk. Unless you know something about an independent Scotland that I don't.

You also claim unionist 'hate everyone that ain't the same' I suspect everyone in Wick and everyone in Thurso must be a unionist as there is a long standing dislike of each other. What about Helmsdale and Brora, another lot that dislike each other. Dislike/distrust of anyone outside of your locality is normal and nothing to do with politics.
    Alcohol abuse and domestic abuse don't always go hand in hand, some women do live in fear, some for most of their lives do look over their shoulder, most thankfully, are able to leave the past in the past and move on, I believe that domestic violence has no place in a discussion about Scotland becoming independent, your comparisons Goodfellers is way off line, there will always be arguments for and against, however, there is absolutely no need for derogation of another's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    Alcohol abuse and domestic abuse don't always go hand in hand, some women do live in fear, some for most of their lives do look over their shoulder, most thankfully, are able to leave the past in the past and move on, I believe that domestic violence has no place in a discussion about Scotland becoming independent, your comparisons Goodfellers is way off line, there will always be arguments for and against, however, there is absolutely no need for derogation of another's point of view.

Not always hand in hand, but very often this is the case.
    I do agree that domestic abuse and Scottish independence have no real place in the same discussion but it wasn't Goodfellers that made the analogy.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Not always hand in hand, but very often this is the case.
    I do agree that domestic abuse and Scottish independence have no real place in the same discussion but it wasn't Goodfellers that made the analogy.
    Thank you mi16 for pointing that fact out to Westward who clearly did not read/follow the thread properly

Thank you mi16 for pointing that fact out to Westward who clearly did not read/follow the thread properly
    Sorry, consider my wrist slapped

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    Sorry, consider my wrist slapped
    Thank you!

Dozy. Let's talk about women living in fear. What are your views on the marine fisheries officer (female) working at Scrabster allegedly abused by her collegues. This was the main story on BBC Scotland news. The SNP government refused to allow her to talk to the BBC. And you think the SNP and independence are the right way to go?

Like anything you you can always find bad apples and in Westminster the barrel is rotten to the core . It's a bid low handy to use an item that at present is an allegation of bad behaviour and if proved the full weight of the law should prevail. Pity that we don't have the same rules exerted on Westminster when they commit acts of criminality, but we can't have our masters paying for their mistakes that's our job . Just to let you know ,I look at both sides and I'm as critical of the independent side . You have already picked the hat dockers side and will never see the Westminster gangster for what they are , slavery comes in many forms if we can set people FREE to choose because of their colour surely we can respect and allow Scots ( and I means scots ) choose without any side using FEAR and ABUSE to keep you chained.

Dozy
    I think you will find that we have already made our choice on the independence situation, that’s absolutely fine.
    It’s the yes gang's refusal to accept the decision that sticks in the throat.
    Re the allegation of bad behaviour, they say a picture tells 1000 words, I doubt if she taped herself to the chair and also her ignored complaints, it all seems a little more than an allegation at this stage.
    Last edited by mi16; 25-May-18 at 09:35.

We can all agree there all self serving politicians on all side, always have been and always will be, SNP included.

If the SNP want 'true' independence why split from the UK just to join the EU and have to abide by their rules? No ability to strike trade deals with other countries and all the benefits of proper independence.

SNP have just put tax up for higher earners, yet in the paper released today they say they want to give tax breaks to higher earning immigrants to attract them to Scotland....why not lower tax to all higher earners to keep them in Scotland. Huge shortage of doctors, nurses and teachers, etc. yet SNP put up tax for these very people. If I had just qualified and was offered a job in Inverness or Birmingham I know where I would choose based on tax alone.

I still believe the SNP are only interested in getting independence, not administering it. They will flee the moment (God forbid) independence happens and bask in the Wikipedia glory of giving Scotland back to the Scots.

Ps You say "
    we can respect and allow Scots ( and I means scots )
    ". Are you saying that only inhabitants of Scotland who were born and bred here can vote?

I imagine it's what happens when the SNP have been in charge of education for so long, thank God I was educated in the 60's and 70's
    Ha ha, you’re on a wind up or you don’t know dozy.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Ha ha, you’re on a wind up or you don’t know dozy.
    I think I have his measure.....I imagine a fully paid up flag waver :-)

And there you have your flag thief?

Dozy wouldn't want a boring flag like that. He claims his heritage goes back 700 years (about the time of the Saxon invasion) So I suspect his ancestors were in fact English! And as his family have never had to borrow money and owned their estate for the same 700 years, I expect 'Dozy' is a pseudonym and perhaps we should be addressing him as 'Sir'

Well Sturgeon can have all the conversations that she wants but I will be voting No to Scottish Independence. My precious England does not need a competitor on these small islands, and especially one that has a tenth of the population of my own country; a large land and sea area which means Scottish people would enjoy a huge amount of natural resources that is disproportional per capita. At the moment, all that oil money etc is being channelled to England, well at least 90% of it which suits me fine so why change?
    Plus the fact, the UK parliament is superior in English MPs to keep out the political will of Scots from having any effect as was demonstrated in recent years. So this present arrangement is a win-win for me and has served the UK fine for over 300 years.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Good man rheg glad you have seen sense

Good man rheg glad you have seen sense
    Indeed, if Scotland was independent then they would be bathing in a multitude of natural resources from oil to renewable energy, I want my precious England to get the lion's share of that wealth and keep the Scots on a pittance.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Indeed, if Scotland was independent then they would be bathing in a multitude of natural resources from oil to renewable energy, I want my precious England to get the lion's share of that wealth and keep the Scots on a pittance.
    Bathing in Brent Crude would be seriously harmful to your health
    W.A.T.P.

Bathing in Brent Crude would be seriously harmful to your health
    Would it?
    https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...jan/index.html
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12