Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Norman family

Default Norman family

Hi....
    I am trying to see if there are any remaining members of the Norman family still residing in Wick or if anybody knew them?
    My grandmother was Joyce Norman born (approx 1920) and raised there. From a faint memory maybe on a farm? Then moved to Portsmouth when married to my grandfather becoming Whitcombe.
    Would be good to hear from you
    Last edited by tiny4325; 11-Mar-16 at 12:36. Reason: spelling*

Hi Tiny
    Not a usual name here and the phone book has no Normans in Caithness. But best wishes for your research.

I have been informed that there was at least one member of the Norman family living in what is now Rob Sutherland woodyard?
    If anyone has any more light to shed on this maybe?
    Many thanks for your reply

Regards

According to the Scotland's People website, there was a Joyce Victoria Norman born in 1919 in Wick. However, if you wish further information on that, the birth certificate is not available to download online as they are restricted to births more than 100 years ago. A formal application for a certificate would have to be made (which can be done on the website).
    Last edited by Morven; 14-Mar-16 at 01:22.

Excellent
    Thanks for that Morven ��