Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: French Veiled threats

Default French Veiled threats

I am dismayed but not surprised with the veiled threats coming from the other side of the English channel, Cameron looked a wee bit sheepish and possibly embarrassed when the French president Hollande said "there will be consequences but I do not want to frighten you's", the cheeky so n so who does he think he is threatening, I for one am not quaking in my shoes.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Default french threats

maybe the French are worried that if the uk left the European union, that other countries may want to leave & the union would unravel, no bad thing in my opinion

The French have threatened to woo British bankers to France - how they will love the 90% top tax rates and bonus caps, and the need to speak French. America is more important than Europe to the finance industry and while Continental Europe, walling itself around, is in comparative decline, there is a world waiting for us. Of course they want us to stay: we pay the bills and give them access to our massive fishing grounds. Hands off our cash and our cod - we have business to do.

Posting bit too indelicate for some so have deleted
    Last edited by bekisman; 07-Mar-16 at 17:43. Reason: Delaing with sensabilities of 'davth'
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Or perhaps its the big bit of racist in you Bekisman.
    There really was no need for it..

smoothing ruffled feathers (again)
    Last edited by bekisman; 08-Mar-16 at 10:36. Reason: smooth ruffled feathers

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Oh come come davth - have a bit of enthusiasm -, 'travel broadens the mind' RACIST? not me - just out-spoken maybe.and a blinking realist.

Calling the French, frogs, is in my opinion.
    What possible need was there to use the term Frogs rather than French?

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    Calling the French, frogs, is in my opinion.
    What possible need was there to use the term Frogs rather than French?
    Why are YOU so upset davth?
    Last edited by bekisman; 08-Mar-16 at 10:37.

Why are YOU so upset davth? So what If I had said the 'f' word i.e. “frog” in that category because if it’s based on the use of frogs in French cuisine, there are much worse things that could be said about the French.
    It seems to me you are not contributing whatsoever to this thread - why simply log in and find fault? I notice you did this on a thread in which Crayola was 'doing her usual' - why did you think it was your duty (?) to interject and criticize her?
    This part of Caithness.org is a forum and in this instance it was about the French threats during this EU Referendum. So davth what are your opinions, how about you contribute instead of colloquially speaking, nit-picking ? my input; French don't frighted me!
    My opinion is that I care not one jot for what the French PM has to say.
    However I don not think that we should lower ourselves to racist jibes back at them.

Re Crayola, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of her posts because as you say, this is a forum and forum members can post as they please so long as its within the rules of the site and the law of the land obviously.

My opinion is that I care not one jot for what the French PM has to say.
    However I don not think that we should lower ourselves to racist jibes back at them.Re Crayola, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of her posts because as you say, this is a forum and forum members can post as they please so long as its within the rules of the site and the law of the land obviously.
    "I care not one jot for what the French PM has to say" Eh? what you on this thread for then?. Policing?

"I care not one jot for what the French PM has to say" Eh? what you on this thread for then?. Policing?
    The title of the thread makes no reference to the French PM, then on reading your racism I felt compiled to call it out.

The title of the thread makes no reference to the French PM, then on reading your racism I felt compiled to call it out.
    Eh/ it was in the initial posters first line! Sorry if you are offended; I felt compelled to call it out' (!) maybe you could take this posters advice: "The precious and delicate little flowers would be best advised to avoid the internet" Oh dear it's your advice!
    Look, you might as well leave it as only three orgers are looking at this; You Me and some pretty bored person Anyway I'm off to book my week in Venice for next year, nothing like being on the ball, hopefully I'll be allowed in the country, what with all this EU stuff and French Veiled Threats, which are empty threats.. seeing you are here, how you voting?

Eh/ it was in the initial posters first line! Sorry if you are offended; I felt compelled to call it out' (!) maybe you could take this posters advice: "The precious and delicate little flowers would be best advised to avoid the internet" Oh dear it's your advice!
    Look, you might as well leave it as only three orgers are looking at this; You Me and some pretty bored person Anyway I'm off to book my week in Venice for next year, nothing like being on the ball, hopefully I'll be allowed in the country, what with all this EU stuff and French Veiled Threats, which are empty threats.. seeing you are here, how you voting?
    Unlike the Scottish referendum, I am not do sure on this one.
    Right now I am on the side of staying put I think, but am certainly open to persuasion.
    I hope you like Venice, dont go calling them Wops or anything though

. never mind.. PLEASE stop trolling!
    Last edited by bekisman; 08-Mar-16 at 10:38.

Well you've only got until June to decide... Incidentally I feel compelled to call this out; Wops indeed, I have spent a LOT of time in Italy( and 32 other countries), you may be unaware but it's "An epithet used for those of Italian descent. WOP stands for With Out Papers. Many Italian immigrants had no papers to identify themselves and were branded as WOPs." But I think you intended it as an insult.. and shows your racist tendencies?.. never mind.. PLEASE stop trolling!

I apologise Bekisman, you are clearly more up to speed on your racial slurs than I.
    I am sure you will have the right one in your vocabulary when your visit comes.

I apologise Bekisman, you are clearly more up to speed on your racial slurs than I.
    I am sure you will have the right one in your vocabulary when your visit comes.
    If you are not going to post anything remotely connected with this Thread, may I suggest you more elsewhere? Just out of interest would you tell me what variety of Countries you have been and lived in to give you this overwhelming feeling of superiority. Why not take you OWN advice which you posted: "The precious and delicate little flowers would be best advised to avoid the internet"

I see it's not JUST the jolly nice French chaps threatening us with boatloads of illegal migrants, but the jolly nice Spanish are too; "We will take Gibraltar the day Britain leaves the UK"... Hmm I'm not happy with this comment, especially when these jolly nice chaps the Spanish have Ceuta & Melilla; two enclaves on the North AFRICAN coast? what? a bit of hypocrisy there does not one think? Of course with the present chaos in the Spanish Parliament I'm not sure what the 'racial slurs' for the jolly nice Spanish are, maybe the Orgs self-proclaimed Policeman (above) can elucidate here?

As an aside here's what a well travelled American says: "On the scale of offense, I never thought to equate the jibe “frog” with anything beyond the pale of light humor that people ascribe to different nationalities. I’ve been called things like yankee and gringo and Americai typusi in my travels abroad and never taken it to mean anything other than a kidding term for an American; something to brush off. I put “frog” in that category because if it’s based on the use of frogs in French cuisine, there are much worse things that could be said about the French." so another well-travelled chap!

If you are not going to post anything remotely connected with this Thread, may I suggest you more elsewhere? Just out of interest would you tell me what variety of Countries you have been and lived in to give you this overwhelming feeling of superiority. Why not take you OWN advice which you posted: "The precious and delicate little flowers would be best advised to avoid the internet"
    What would listing all the countries I have visited have to do with the thread?

What would listing all the countries I have visited have to do with the thread?
    Just to see if you are 'worldly wise' as your comment: "My opinion is that I care not one jot for what the French PM has to say" seems to indicate a lack of, shall, I say knowledge, and travel DOES broaden the mind. I know you've not been to Bulgaria, but experiencing these interesting places would possibly have given you a less parochial view. What's your view on the latest? i.e. the Eu wants to return ALL those now in Greece to Turkey, where the Turks will care for them in properly constructed camps. Then later the Syrians will be identified (possibly only those from conflict areas in Syria) whilst others from areas outwith conflict zones would not be processed and sent on to the EU - to be 'shared out' amongst the EU (apart from the UK as we are not part of this arrangement) HOWEVER seeing that Turkey is not part of the Geneva Convention, it may be difficult for these folk in Greece to be sent back to Turkey for that very reason - the European Court of Human Rights would have a 'field day'! And of course you have Hungary saying it will not be dictated to, as to the amount of 'imposed' migrants.. AND there is the prospect of 75,000,000 Turks getting visa-free entry to the Schengen area, which will not sit with the French who would be very unhappy about it..
    What do YOU think davth (or anyone else who's trying to follow this thread?)

Now who is digressing from the OP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast