Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Singers...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Singers...

    Since we're all stroking each others groins... who's a good singer?

  2. #2

    Default

    Words don't describe how I wish I was a good singer...


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Well of course I have to mention Donnie Williamson, he has a rip roaring raw voice that fits the music perfectly.

    I think one of the best singers I heard in Caithness was Ian Sinclairs daughter, but I forgot her name? Someone remind me, she had a beautiful voice.

    Also Lorna Budge, great voice!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    I'm with you squire. Being a good singer would be superb. Nevermind though.

    Who's good?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    thurso
    Posts
    701

    Default

    me lol

    naw i gotta long way to go before i can evens say im okay lol

    donnie does have a good voice.

    im terrible with names but the singer of empty fortune is great and very raw. deep with emotion, angst and what not his original song was really good.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Well of course I have to mention Donnie Williamson, he has a rip roaring raw voice that fits the music perfectly.

    I think one of the best singers I heard in Caithness was Ian Sinclairs daughter, but I forgot her name? Someone remind me, she had a beautiful voice.

    Also Lorna Budge, great voice!
    I think the name is Bettine.

    I've got a funny feeling I'm related to Lorna Budge... if it's the person I'm thinking of. Yeah, she's also a good singer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Not a lot of people probably know either, but David Tashinizi the bass player of the Gaels has a great voice, if you know anyone with a copy of the Gaels first album listen to Track 6 Can Anybody Tell Me, very good vocals.

    Truth be told I have listened to a lot of Caithness bands in my time, not very recent ones, but I don't think singers is something Caithnes has been blessed with, granted its not easy to do and most I have heard do their best, but not really any big standouts.

    Thanks Jeid, yes Bettine Sinclair, one of the best to sing in the county, outstanding voice.
    Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 26-Apr-07 at 02:40.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    thurso
    Posts
    701

    Default

    you sing jeemag?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    im terrible with names but the singer of empty fortune is great and very raw. deep with emotion, angst and what not his original song was really good.
    Cheers dude, i am a great singer! Oh wait..... you're talking about calum

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    you sing jeemag?
    HA HA HA I try, not very well, but as soon as I get my recording deck you'll get to find out

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Logan Foord
    Rhoda Welsh
    Steven Bruce
    Ewen Mackay
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    in a house wi lights, but it is a light house
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    God rest his wee soul but Roy Stewart had one of the finest "old school" voices I've ever heard

    you wouldn't ask him to do Motorhead but 40 Shades Of Green

    he da man

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    thurso
    Posts
    701

    Default

    thanks for leaving me outta that list zeb lol!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In a great spot
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Sally Edwards
    Katrina Scott
    Nicola Orr
    Raymond Henderson
    James Sutherland . . . . .
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

  15. #15

    Default

    Robbie Pie had a singing voice eerily similar to Morrissey's.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Far South
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Jay Gillies
    Einstein 8o)

    And I hev to agree on the pie
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

  17. #17

    Default Vocals!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Not a lot of people probably know either, but David Tashinizi the bass player of the Gaels has a great voice, if you know anyone with a copy of the Gaels first album listen to Track 6 Can Anybody Tell Me, very good vocals.

    Truth be told I have listened to a lot of Caithness bands in my time, not very recent ones, but I don't think singers is something Caithnes has been blessed with, granted its not easy to do and most I have heard do their best, but not really any big standouts.

    Thanks Jeid, yes Bettine Sinclair, one of the best to sing in the county, outstanding voice.
    Thankyou very much for your compliment Jeemag i thought the singing quality bwas alright on that one but the actual lyrics were crap!! Because that is just not my forte but i also did some singing with Mark Wright on some celtic stuff!

    Taz
    TazHowlinGael

  18. #18

    Default Vocalists!

    Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    you sing jeemag?
    Paul Rodgers
    Freddy Mercury
    John Popper
    Ray Lamantanya
    Joe Cocker
    David Gray
    Janis Joplin
    Macy Gray


    And beleive you me my list could go on and please don't challenge me on this! Now i no that none of these are local but for god sake limiting us to quality vocalist in Thurso lets face it will not give us much of a thread!!
    TazHowlinGael

  19. #19

    Default

    Male singer - Ewen (crimson tide), hes a fantastic singer !! Female - Rhoda Welsh, some voice on that girl !!

  20. #20

    Default

    Stevie Taylor "Saxifer". He is an awesome singer and is in a league of his own.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •