Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Indi. Scosland.

Default Indi. Scosland.

So the question is, if Scotland is too poor to become independent, if we'd have to slash public spendingto the bone, whose fault is that then, who has had their paws on the leavers of macroeconomic control these past 300 years? Hint: it's not Holyrood. And yet the people who tell us that Scotland can't afford independence are the very same people who want us to remain under the control of the parliament that has impoverished us. [Food banks, foodbanks, foodbanks.] The economic argument against independence is a logic fail.

Go on piratelassie, google these words and tell us all where it came from: "However, given Scotland’s fiscal position since 1997/98, if the Scottish Government had wished to invest in an oil fund, without having to increase its borrowing, there would have had to have been a corresponding increase in tax receipts or reduced public spending"
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    So the question is, if Scotland is too poor to become independent, if we'd have to slash public spendingto the bone, whose fault is that then, who has had their paws on the leavers of macroeconomic control these past 300 years? Hint: it's not Holyrood. And yet the people who tell us that Scotland can't afford independence are the very same people who want us to remain under the control of the parliament that has impoverished us. [Food banks, foodbanks, foodbanks.] The economic argument against independence is a logic fail.
    You should have voted Yes, that's what you shoulda done.

"strike a light" that lassie never gives in give her her due.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Watched Angus Robertson on PMQ's today asking about Yemen, he got his answer from PM and yet I see him on Russian Television STILL whinging about 'who voted to bomb Yemen'.. never mind, but for a bloke who seems to hate Westminster and yet was born in Wimbledon, London (!?) certainly goes on a bit -needs to sit down and relax and use his £20 corkscrew and sit on his £2,324 Sofa bed (paid for by the BRITISH taxpayer).. but it's fine, was passed as OK in 2015.

OMG. Stewart Hosie. Watched this morning as he stood up against Texas Instruments and the 300 job losses.. and 'mea Culpa' the fact that funds were stopped for 'THE Bridge.. fighting for the jobs in the decimated oil industry in Aberdeen..against the 'non-white Scots face work prejudice'.. fighting the draconian measure the SNP will impose on Councils (who will loose thousands of Council jobs) if they don't accept their miserly support sum..he's fighting the 'rise in Scottish business failures'..fighting against England NHS who invested 12% whilst the SNP invested 8%..

No of course he did not, instead this august gentlemen has written to complain to the European Competition Commission about Google Tax (The company that paid BILLION of $'s to their own base country) that they need to look into the minute details of HMRC!!

Eh? so, here we are with Europe desperate to hang onto the UK (Oh yes they are!) and Hosie honestly thinks that the ECC will undertake an investigation into the above board dealings of a sovereign country, whilst negotiations are under way as to whether UK will stay or leave the EU?? the man's a (can't write that, so: jejune).. IN/OUT? whatever the result of the referendum, doesn't matter, as can always demand another 'within a generation' i.e asap!

In the past 40 odd years North sea oil has produced appox. £300 BILLION pounds in revenue to Westminster,just imagine if that money had come to Edinburgh, sadly it has'nt, Thatcher spent most of it hammering the trade unions into the ground creating south east english inferstructor and a paper economy. However, although the price of oil is low at the moment [and it will rise] lets not lose out again next time, remember the SCOTTISH ATLANTIC MARGIN is yet to be developed, and the Clair ridge is the largest oilfield in North West Europe. Only Scotland could create an oil fund from that, Westminster gravely mismanaged the North Sea don't let tham do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Go on piratelassie, google these words and tell us all where it came from: "However, given Scotland’s fiscal position since 1997/98, if the Scottish Government had wished to invest in an oil fund, without having to increase its borrowing, there would have had to have been a corresponding increase in tax receipts or reduced public spending"

Posting big words like inferstructor at 0354 makes one think that a little, or a lot, of Scotland's national drink is involved.
    Anyway whit aboot these secret oil fields West of Shetland that the Westminster Gubmint is not telling us about ?

Did you mean to put "Scouseland" in the title?

In the past 40 odd years North sea oil has produced appox. £300 BILLION pounds in revenue to Westminster,just imagine if that money had come to Edinburgh, sadly it has'nt, Thatcher spent most of it hammering the trade unions into the ground creating south east english inferstructor and a paper economy. However, although the price of oil is low at the moment [and it will rise] lets not lose out again next time, remember the SCOTTISH ATLANTIC MARGIN is yet to be developed, and the Clair ridge is the largest oilfield in North West Europe. Only Scotland could create an oil fund from that, Westminster gravely mismanaged the North Sea don't let tham do it again.
    You must calm down piratelassie, take more care.. anyway the link for the above was http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0043/00435599.pdf which is a paper written by The Scottish Government and simply called “AN FUND FOR SCOTLAND. Dated 29th March 2012 ". Its conclusion was also as above - but strangely was only procurable by Freedom of Information Act 2000 (c.36), did you know the details?

This nonsense of yours that all this revenue went to the hated ‘Westminster’ - hang on where the heck do you think the [unfair] Barnet formula get funds? its from TAXATION what with the Scots getting £10,152 per person and the ‘English’ getting a miserly £8,529 per person - think that’s fair?
    Amazingly YOU are STILL basing the richness and expansion of Scotland on OIL, dear oh dear piratelassie, has the recent year not taught you anything - the stuff’s volatile! - Please, read that link it might clear things up. ‘Clair has a relatively lower value to most refiners than Brent being technically more difficult to process as a result of its high acidity and having a lower proportion of light cuts (naphtha, kerosene, diesel)’ There’s Oil everywhere, but no-one wants to buy it, the Greens want ‘to leave a great deal of our oil and gas in the ground’

And, bottom line it’s the UK’s oil. I see your friend, you know; Natalie McGarry, co-founder of “Women for Independence”, the group that called the police in to investigate some £30,000 unaccounted for? See she’s now apologised to JK Rowling “ "On reflection, I do apologise for any misguided inference that you support misogyny or abuse instead of the folk you tweet.".. and this the Member of Parliament for Edinburgh East representing Scotland in the Westminster?. I don’t think her heart or indeed honesty is in it: ‘McGarry courted controversy after taking the oath of allegiance of the monarch. McGarry stated that "As long as in your heart and your head you believe sovereignty lies with the people, doesn't matter what comes out your mouth” McGarry seems to do a lot of that!

With an independent Scotland we woulde'nt NEED the barnet formula. There would be no barnet formula, but I can see your quite happy with a handout from our neighbours.

You must calm down piratelassie, take more care.. anyway the link for the above was http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0043/00435599.pdf which is a paper written by The Scottish Government and simply called “AN FUND FOR SCOTLAND. Dated 29th March 2012 ". Its conclusion was also as above - but strangely was only procurable by Freedom of Information Act 2000 (c.36), did you know the details?

This nonsense of yours that all this revenue went to the hated ‘Westminster’ - hang on where the heck do you think the [unfair] Barnet formula get funds? its from TAXATION what with the Scots getting £10,152 per person and the ‘English’ getting a miserly £8,529 per person - think that’s fair?
    Amazingly YOU are STILL basing the richness and expansion of Scotland on OIL, dear oh dear piratelassie, has the recent year not taught you anything - the stuff’s volatile! - Please, read that link it might clear things up. ‘Clair has a relatively lower value to most refiners than Brent being technically more difficult to process as a result of its high acidity and having a lower proportion of light cuts (naphtha, kerosene, diesel)’ There’s Oil everywhere, but no-one wants to buy it, the Greens want ‘to leave a great deal of our oil and gas in the ground’

And, bottom line it’s the UK’s oil. I see your friend, you know; Natalie McGarry, co-founder of “Women for Independence”, the group that called the police in to investigate some £30,000 unaccounted for? See she’s now apologised to JK Rowling “ "On reflection, I do apologise for any misguided inference that you support misogyny or abuse instead of the folk you tweet.".. and this the Member of Parliament for Edinburgh East representing Scotland in the Westminster?. I don’t think her heart or indeed honesty is in it: ‘McGarry courted controversy after taking the oath of allegiance of the monarch. McGarry stated that "As long as in your heart and your head you believe sovereignty lies with the people, doesn't matter what comes out your mouth” McGarry seems to do a lot of that!

May I also repeat oil is a bonus, a big bonus but only a bonus. Stop listening to the bias media.

With an independent Scotland we woulde'nt NEED the barnet formula. There would be no barnet formula, but I can see your quite happy with a handout from our neighbours.
    Just noticed your 'reply'
    Come on piratelassie, I’m sure you can do better than that glib pointless sentence; “your (sic)Quite happy with a handout from our neighbours”? what on earth are you on about? we are ALL part of the UK, and right now Oil is at 35.99 (Ft Index).

Failed leader Salmon had decreed ‘Independence Day for Scotland’ would be the 24th March 2016 - that is just 53 days away. What the hell would you live on? No Oil income, no Barnet formula, no income from Whisky (with more than 80% of the whisky distilled in Scotland being foreign-owned, and the value of the vast majority of leading brands accrues overseas, from the Caribbean, to Paris, to Tokyo. Whether or not it is "Scotland's oil", it is mostly not Scotland's whisky)..

It may sound glib but we are “better together” as a United Kingdom - you now have 59 (?) MP’s in Westminster not sure how many suspended. Dame Michelle Mone (You know, the Scots gal born in Glasgow’s East End, left school at 15, Labour supporter? the one that had the ‘cybernats’ after her? who said;"I am extremely passionate about Scotland too, but, in my opinion these new MPs are acting more like school kids who suddenly find themselves at university”. Not running down democracy, but do YOU watch PMQ’s? it would be satisfying IF Angus Roberston brought up something, anything, to do with Scotland - the vast majority of his two questions do not deal with Scotland, but lately Yemen?

If you seriously believe we are better together why oh why do we have so much unfairness and poverty today. I know people in Scotland are better placed to run Scotland than an unequal mob in London. If you do'nt believe that then further conversation is pointless.

Just noticed your 'reply'
    Come on piratelassie, I’m sure you can do better than that glib pointless sentence; “your (sic)Quite happy with a handout from our neighbours”? what on earth are you on about? we are ALL part of the UK, and right now Oil is at 35.99 (Ft Index).

Failed leader Salmon had decreed ‘Independence Day for Scotland’ would be the 24th March 2016 - that is just 53 days away. What the hell would you live on? No Oil income, no Barnet formula, no income from Whisky (with more than 80% of the whisky distilled in Scotland being foreign-owned, and the value of the vast majority of leading brands accrues overseas, from the Caribbean, to Paris, to Tokyo. Whether or not it is "Scotland's oil", it is mostly not Scotland's whisky)..

It may sound glib but we are “better together” as a United Kingdom - you now have 59 (?) MP’s in Westminster not sure how many suspended. Dame Michelle Mone (You know, the Scots gal born in Glasgow’s East End, left school at 15, Labour supporter? the one that had the ‘cybernats’ after her? who said;"I am extremely passionate about Scotland too, but, in my opinion these new MPs are acting more like school kids who suddenly find themselves at university”. Not running down democracy, but do YOU watch PMQ’s? it would be satisfying IF Angus Roberston brought up something, anything, to do with Scotland - the vast majority of his two questions do not deal with Scotland, but lately Yemen?

There is no telling you - Bekisperson. You will not listen to reason. When indi. comes, as it will, these secret oilfields West of Shetland, will come in to production very rapidly. Apparently they are shovel ready now and will provide 140,000 joabs for the next 1000 years. I have not made up these figures, they were produced by a top secret branch of the hated MI5 which has been infiltrated by a reely,reely secret branch of the Scoattish Intelligence Service.
    Of course we do not need the oil. As I type a convoy of lorries from Stevens of Week and Cormacks Transport are heading to Durness with a flat pack shortbread factory. This top secret factory will be in production by the end of February and will provide 150,000 joabs for the boys and will undoubtedly increase Auld Scotia's exports a millionfold. The workers will be housed in a flat pack village already beeing erected by Tulloch Homes. Take a run to Durness and see for yourself if you don't beleeve me. Only persons of Scottish birth and ancestry will be employed on this groundbreaking technology, nae English, nae fyurriners of any description.
    Finally there are reports from west of the split stone that the countryside has been over-run by furriners with their goats and funny looking sheeps. These people are filling up our cemetRIES very repidly and there will be a day of reconing when they will be sent to the gulags at Cape wrath. This is another shovel ready proeject which will provide many joabs for card carrying party members. We especially need machinne gunners to man the gaurd towers just in case some of these furriners get past the electric fence. Apply to Commissar Ross at County Buildings, Week.

Ok Bystander, fair enough, it would appear from PM’s I have received that you are not the only one who is aware of what is actually going on ‘West of Shetland’. Presumably you have knowledge that the Mart in Thurso is shortly to be under construction as a concentration point and location for those workers who are dispatched from the South and will arrive at Thurso railway station - this will be a short-term policy for Ginzel’s (whatever they are) before onward transportation by Support vessels to the Rigs.

You may have noticed also, that in Scrabster Harbour there is a construction on the Outer Basin, next the Ice Quay, this too is Oil related and apparently is to be a Point of Exit and Entry for workers and will be manned by UK Border Control to ensure all immigration rules are applied, I seem to be able to make out in badly faxed document; ‘Immigration Act 2014 ECHR Article 8’. I think you may have misread the actual number of jobs mentioned in your own research, it’s c.130,00 jobs not 140,000. Although by the badly transfaxed paper it may well be the later. I apologise if this is so.

However, your estimate of length of employment in this Field is correct and it does indeed show 1,000 years, although it makes mention production will be down to variables in the oil market, as witnessed from the $114 c Independence period, down to the present $38 a barrel, it must be born in mind the intention of the Scottish Government to ‘toughen up’ the regulations referring to the release on non-hydrocarbons such as carbon dioxide, nitrogen, helium and hydrogen sulfide in the oil exploration field.

According to further investigation SPP6 (ISBN 978 0 7559 65526 Annex A ‘Spatial Framework for Wind Farms’ 3. NPPG 14. Holyrood is proposing to ‘merge in’ much larger wind turbines situated in more remote areas, the Flow County has been mooted during discussions. It appears from reading intently is that the Scottish Government is thinking along the lines of this:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21147279 whereby huge turbines are erected - the referred BBC link is in Ireland to provide power for the UK. Architects Banner and Robson, Edinburgh have submitted detailed plans for a much larger design, by the scale drawings I have had sight of, they give an overall height of 600 metres i.e. just under 2,000 feet. At the present moment UK law has an upper limit on height of turbines - which goes against present thinking and perception of our European partners in that the taller a turbine the more wind it picks up - so there can be less of them. Additionally with the height of the new turbines, provision will be made for Santa to land with his sleigh and clamber down the inside ladder, instead of parking on sloping roofs as he does now. A Win-Win situation