Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surfs Up

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Fantastic photos!!!! these are so good you could sell these, but how do you ensure that no-one else uses your photos for profit.
    These images are resample down too low resolution (800 x 600 to fit and download quickly on this forum) The quality is too low to use commercially other than for website design. You would also get sued if caught (its not worth it)

Also Tugmistress wrote: "I can't use these for commercial purposes as i don't have permission off the subject in the picture by way of a model release giving me their permission. From what little i understand if these shots were used for making a profit by someone and they were seen by the guy in them or the original photographer, the vendor would be in the deep and sticky doo doo"

Tugmistress - This is not correct.
    As the photographer you have automatic copyright to your images and don't need permission or consent from individuals in a shot (imagine if you did a crowd shot at a football match or a rock concert and had to ask all the crowd for permission!!) Also the paperazzi would be out of business overnight . . . . .
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

any one else going to Brims Ness today (sat or sun) if so let me know please ??

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    These images are resample down too low resolution (800 x 600 to fit and download quickly on this forum) The quality is too low to use commercially other than for website design. You would also get sued if caught (its not worth it)

Also Tugmistress wrote: "I can't use these for commercial purposes as i don't have permission off the subject in the picture by way of a model release giving me their permission. From what little i understand if these shots were used for making a profit by someone and they were seen by the guy in them or the original photographer, the vendor would be in the deep and sticky doo doo"

Tugmistress - This is not correct.
    As the photographer you have automatic copyright to your images and don't need permission or consent from individuals in a shot (imagine if you did a crowd shot at a football match or a rock concert and had to ask all the crowd for permission!!) Also the paperazzi would be out of business overnight . . . . .
    Yes i could use them for 'editorial use' as in like the paperazzi, but not for stock which requires the model releases. i could print them out too and see if the surfers themselves wanted the prints, but i'm too shy to go and ask lol
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

next call at 6.30pm cest thats 5.30pm uk time
    Last edited by Mr P Cannop; 28-Apr-07 at 17:17.

started 6.30 cest time thats 5.30 here uk time

Went out earlier, i know there was no competition on as such, just some 'test monkeys' as the commentator put it lol

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Some of Saturdays efforts!! The surf was fairly poor but was impressed with the punter turnout. Nice location, (first visit) great rock structures.

I will return when a storms brewing for some more impressive waves.

This is the wave shape I like the most!! Something about the curve!!! Just needed a surfer in the middle.

Default Surfs Up

Deemac that photos are superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yup, agree with Highlander - excellent photos!
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Deemac,
    Brilliant photo's ! and yes i know what you mean about the curling wave
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Seen at Dunnet yesterday. Don't know if you'd call it surfing or maybe waterskiing but it sure looks like a lot of fun!!!

Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

Excellent GH
    i believe it is called kite-surfing or is it kite-boarding? can't remember now lol. there was a course for kids a couple of years back on Dunnet beach during the school summer holidays on it and the neep went on it, came back exhausted but loved it.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12