Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Morrison - Halkirk

Default Morrison - Halkirk

Seeking Information re the Morrison Family of Halkirk. Last known family member: Margaret Jane Morrison b 1908 Halkirk; d. 1986 Inverness. She appears in 1911 census in Halkirk with parents, Angus Morrison 1865-1937 and Elizabeth Reid 1880-1954 and brothers, John 1906-1937 and Angus 1909-1933. Margaret's parents and grandparents Angus Morrison (1833- ) and Alexandrina Williamson (1818-1886) farmed at Achelon. The family gravestone in Halkirk Cemetery indicates Margaret was awarded the OBE. Wonder what occasioned it. Any information about Margaret, her brothers or parents would be very much appreciated.

Margaret Jane trained as a nurse and by retirement was in the Civil Service, to do with child-care I think. Are you related?

Thank you so much for your reply. I can't recall responding. My apologies.

Margaret's grandmother, Alexandrina Williamson Morrison, was my 2x great aunt. Her brother was my great grandfather. Still keen to learn more about this family.

Family members still around Halkirk, also one in Australia