Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: James Gibson, b. 1888 - moved to Canada

Question James Gibson, b. 1888 - moved to Canada

Hello,

I am trying to find information on a relative - James Gibson (b. 6 Aug 1888 in Watten Parish), son of Alexander Gibson & Janet (Jessie) Munro.

I found the Canadian draft papers (WWI) of a James Gibson, dated 1918, that I believe to be the same as listed above, but the birth date is listed as 14 Aug 1888. The place of birth is listed as Watten Parish and his mother, Mrs. Jessie Gibson, is listed as his next-of-kin, which is the same as the above listed James Gibson. His present address, in 1918, was listed as Natby, Alberta. His mother's address is recorded as 1 John Street, Wick, Caithness. I would like to make sure that this James Gibson is the same.

As such, I am hoping that someone could help me with a lookup of 1 John Street in a Wick street directory from 1918 (or as close to that year as possible) to see if Alexander is listed at the address as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Scott Gibson
    Ontario, Canada

I don't know if this is connected, but the 1851 census has a Peter Gibson - a shepherd brought in from the south
    Dalnaclayton
    Peter Head 59 Shepherd Berwickshire - Coldstream