Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate the guitarist

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    Kevin Appleyard...................... sorry Kev

FTR I've a recording somewhere of Michael Maitland going back to (preparing to be corrected.....) 1980 I think....
    Aye, I mind I bought a few bits of gear from him when I started out. He was a nice guy and damn could he shred!

It was indeed 1980 that I recorded Mike Maitland when he was sixteen. His first group was Tartan Slave when he was nine I believe.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    It was indeed 1980 that I recorded Mike Maitland when he was sixteen. His first group was Tartan Slave when he was nine I believe.
    With Marty Sutherland??? who also plays guitar fairly well, albeit as loud as any given amplifier will go with almost no exceptions

Default 21st Century Guitar Man

There can be only be one contender..The Mighty Jeid, for power, texture and originality.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    There can be only be one contender..The Mighty Jeid, for power, texture and originality.
    Bummin.......

mighty?

what the fife?
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Harmonix Guest

Hey folks,

Just thought I'd pop up a wee link to my stuff on here, my page needs updating with new stuff but please check it out and let me know what you think. I am based in Sutherland too!

www.myspace.com/robinsonkeith

Cheers,

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonix View Post
    Hey folks,

Just thought I'd pop up a wee link to my stuff on here, my page needs updating with new stuff but please check it out and let me know what you think. I am based in Sutherland too!

www.myspace.com/robinsonkeith

Cheers,

Keith
    Great work keith, fair enjoyed Wildcat, cracking track pipes an all
    Four decent tracks there, only on the footsteps one i would re record the bass, sounds awful muffly and overdriven or something? Nice!

Default what was the point or thread again.

oh it says rate the guitarist up there, um generally the one who will never have enough volume.

7/10

yeah?

is that ok aye?

Does anyone remember a local guitar player called Raymond who died around 1984. I don't remember his surname but remember he used to go to the chinese bar in Sir Georges Street, Thurso?

Quote Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
    Does anyone remember a local guitar player called Raymond who died around 1984. I don't remember his surname but remember he used to go to the chinese bar in Sir Georges Street, Thurso?
    #

Raymond Reid I think?

I think the guy you are thinking about is Raymond Henderson, he played with Radio City and then the Blonde brothers. He was a very nice bloke to say the least, and a very good player. I think also it was late on in the 80s when he passed away.
    Getting back to the thread, I think that there is one guitarist missing from the list, and that is Zebedys uncle Billy, who melted a few faces in his time.

There'a alot of young talented guitarists who go to the music-link-media youth club in wick. Alot of the best people who were there have now stopped going (getting a job plays havoc with one's social life) but in the up and coming guitar ratings id have to put my cousin Jordan Duffus first (honestly im not biased, he's only 13 and he can pretty much just listen to anything and play it almost perfectly straight away).

And just to mention the Music-Link_Media youth club will be holding a concert on the 27th of December, (in the Wick Youth Club at the top of the Blackstairs) which will be open to the public, so why not come in and hear some of Caithness's up and coming musicians live!
    I Was Born Brilliant; Education Ruined Me

I think there were two Raymond's that died, the Raymond that was with Radio City was not in 1984 I think because I saw him play "Dunkin Bagles" at the american base with Ian Sinclairs band when i was old enough to be drinking, I was only 15 in 1984. There was another musician called Raymond who died I think he played in a band with Craig Mackay but can't remember his name. Deemac will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebus_Apollo View Post
    Raymond Reid I think?
    Thanks, I think that was him. Sorry for a rather gloomy contribution to the thread.

Kevin Jack protege of the great Davy Duff son of Geordie Jack
    Rossie Murray for whisky

and one to be named yet when I mind Ah Yes Billy Maitland
    Last edited by Anne x; 11-Nov-07 at 20:27.
    Its nice to be nice

Stu Maitland - a guitarist who knows when to play quietly, as well as when to shine; a real musician. Not that the aforementioned aren't, but he's something else and good company as well.

John Sutherland
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Wasn't there a certain Barry Gordon in Caithness once......he used to get tones out of his leftie that would rattle the teeth in T Rex!

Though he's much more funky based now I hear......

I am saddened and DISGUSTED (yes.....really i am...........) that it hasnt been mentioned yet, quite shocked really lol

Graeme Craig (Bones), yes i play in a band with him, i dont for one second believe him to be the best, but he has an amazing talent, so very eager as well, hardest looking guitarist ive ever seen, haha, not one mention, ill have to tell him to hammer you all, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF HIS GUNS!!!!!

Chris Mckenzie (police officer, never played in bands so you guys prob wont know him) beautiful classical guitar player, outstanding to say the least

If Richard Moncur the Busy boy himself has been mentioned then that is DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes Busy, you know why

and finally David Horne, to witness that claw play Street Spirit by Radiohead was...................................
    Last edited by Reev; 24-Nov-07 at 18:38.
    "The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast