Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any other old posters still looking in?

What's happened to us oldies signing in to say hello, our posts have all disappeared ?.??
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    What's happened to us oldies signing in to say hello, our posts have all disappeared ?.??
    Hello golach, 'fraid I deleted it "Hi all those old posters who were putting nice little comments on here, it was good to see it, unfortunately the horseman just could not resist mucking it up.. never mind there's always one - So I deleted the lot as he seems to want to hijack it - certainly proves a point that 'someone' has to ruin things.. ego thing I suppose..."
    He'd posted a long tirade about he'd been looking/reading the Org for 20 years, he was an emergency worker etc etc and I should not have used gallows humour over the Crematorium thread (he orders: "We all can understand 'gallows humor', but perhaps it should be left amongst the Emergency Services. Thank you". although it was a factual comment by me, as having decades as a fire fighter and military) etc. So, as this thread was purely for 'old registered posters' who have mentioned that they don't come on because of such posting, thought best to delete it; sorry about that, oh yes he's been and given me reputation and it ain't a good one.. never mind, we've all seen this over the years!
    Last edited by bekisman; 06-Dec-15 at 08:38.
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Your message box is apparently bursting!
    Sorry old boy, been a lot of correspondence flying too and fro.. made space again!

Alice is still here no postcards or books to talk off but someone once asked me to pop up and see their etchings.....dont know till this day if he was a good artist or not

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Alice is still here no postcards or books to talk off but someone once asked me to pop up and see their etchings.....dont know till this day if he was a good artist or not
    Hi Alice in Blunderland (from 2005) wot! no cards or books? never mind you'll have to go back and see if it really was etchings!

Anymore old registered Orgers out there????

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    .....to pop up and see their etchings
    How dare they! How very dare they suggest such a thing.

*makes mental note of new line to use*

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    How dare they! How very dare they suggest such a thing.

*makes mental note of new line to use*
    Quite agree, now if he had said the original "Veux-tu monter voir mes estampes japonaises?" that would be much more civilised!

There's posh now innit!
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Am still here, think my horse stumbled 😂
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Quite agree, now if he had said the original "Veux-tu monter voir mes estampes japonaises?" that would be much more civilised!
    ?

Del Boy - is that you?

I look in from time to time too. Good to see some of the old names. I was going to ask if anyone remembers the old Heading at this time of year? It was very pretty with 'snow' over the top of the Caithness map ! I dont think they have used it for some years now.

Hi folks. I still keep in touch on and off but e'org is not what it used to be. Only the "Politics" section seems to have a bit of bite but even that's tame compared to the good old days.

Merry Christmas to y'all when it comes

GNG
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

I've been on here since 2004 but always been more of a lurker/reader than a poster. Just had a look back through my old posts though, and I was surprised at how many old posters I'd forgotten about. Reading the old threads was interesting - there definitely seems to have been a lot more humour back then. I find that folk get too defensive now. I don't mind a good debate but I can't be bothered with arguments or being called narrow-minded/stupid/whatever just for having a different opinion from someone else.

It wasn't all perfect, mind you. I remember one particular night when everyone had a meltdown over something or another - I started 'the org pub' to try and lighten the mood. It was still on the go until fairly recently...

I've been around this forum since 2002! Ive never been anyone except Squidge! Ive always liked posting. We used to use the chat room to good effect. Golach was always getting booted by the lovely and sadly missed Highlander and her Tacketty boots. Highlander, Golach, HTWood, Cindy, Betty, LadyK, Geoff, DrSzin, Gleeber, weeGilli, AC, Jaws, doolally, loafer, serenity and many others lol.

It it was a pile of nonsense but goodness it amused me and I met some lovely people in real life as a result of stumbling onto the chat room. The Sunday evening quizzes were fun too. There were visits to Caithness by forum users that ended up in friendships that have lasted for years now.

There here were some really fun threads, some nonsense threads and some plainly weird and off the wall threads. I have generally felt pretty safe except for one or two exceptions and mostly people who were really horrid ended up going or saying sorry. It's perhaps being replaced by Facebook and Twitter but I hope not.

Ive been on ae org since 2007, never knew it existed until then, mostly posted on music forum and some on general, org wasnt political then really, well some local stuff but since 2014 like everything else, the scottish political divide has hit ae org and some people cant be bothered with some of the "nonsense and games" so dont post. Apparently the alternative org is spinning back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbandicoot1979 View Post
    I've been on here since 2004 but always been more of a lurker/reader than a poster. Just had a look back through my old posts though, and I was surprised at how many old posters I'd forgotten about. Reading the old threads was interesting - there definitely seems to have been a lot more humour back then. I find that folk get too defensive now. I don't mind a good debate but I can't be bothered with arguments or being called narrow-minded/stupid/whatever just for having a different opinion from someone else.

It wasn't all perfect, mind you. I remember one particular night when everyone had a meltdown over something or another - I started 'the org pub' to try and lighten the mood. It was still on the go until fairly recently...
    You're right, reading through the old posts were interesting, it was a good move on the part of someone was to have a separate section for politics, too many heated opinions with politics (and I'm one of them!) the humour seemed to be around more then. I'm not harking back to 'the good old days' used have slanging matches with Fred and on occasions with Reggi, Squidge etc..
    I've had a look at that list of names Squidge and some sadly ain't been here since 2011, most recent logged in was yesterday (come on, pop in and say hello!) but it does show that the majority of those Squidge mentioned have looked in this year, so they are around, although some have gone.. hopefully not too far like Northerner in his Wheelie bin!

It IS Christmas after all! time of leaving the arguments behind and yes Reggie even I think it's climate change doing the dirty on Cumbria!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12