Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Salmond disgrace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't suppose the data for 2014 to date gives any clues on the consumption of Irn Bru and bubblegum?

Defence began yesterday, and is now open to the public. AS takes the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    Defence began yesterday, and is now open to the public. AS takes the stand.
    A very detailed and ostensibly objective account from Craig Murray. Thanks for posting it.

Then I read Murray’s bombastic lauding of Salmond, together with a similarly bombastic attack on the current SNP administration:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...-alex-salmond/

You have to read quite far down to find the start of the ranting.

Now I don’t know what to think of Murray’s court reporting. It still seems fairly fair, but I wouldn’t make any major decisions based on it. Murray is an overt supporter of Gareth Wardell in his battle with Nicola Sturgeon’s lot.

Having said all that, I’m very grateful for your link, and I’ve read his court account from the following day. Murray has moved my current opinions, which I think would be illegal for me to relate here.
    Last edited by aqua; 19-Mar-20 at 16:53.

Well, Craig Murray says he was excluded from the public gallery at the trial yesterday for possible contempt of court, which is a pity because I was enjoying his narrative.

The jury is out. What will they decide?

That was a rhetorical question btw.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    The jury is out. What will they decide?
    I think they will conclude that the pittance of expenses that they are paid, is peanuts compared to ridiculous fees charged by the lawyers - BTW, in the Orcadian accent, and maybe its the same in Caithness, "Lawyer" is pronounced "Liar". Which leads nicely onto.....

How come the lawyer representing the side that lose, isn't charged with aiding and abetting, or contempt of court? In every court case, someone must be wrong, and if lawyers take sides, then one of them must be standing there spouting utter lies. If any of the rest of us lied in court, then we could be found in contempt, or trying to pervert the course of justice. Why are losing lawyers not charged similarly? In fact, they get paid funny money for lying in court.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    I think they will conclude that the pittance of expenses that they are paid, is peanuts compared to ridiculous fees charged by the lawyers - BTW, in the Orcadian accent, and maybe its the same in Caithness, "Lawyer" is pronounced "Liar". Which leads nicely onto.....

How come the lawyer representing the side that lose, isn't charged with aiding and abetting, or contempt of court? In every court case, someone must be wrong, and if lawyers take sides, then one of them must be standing there spouting utter lies. If any of the rest of us lied in court, then we could be found in contempt, or trying to pervert the course of justice. Why are losing lawyers not charged similarly? In fact, they get paid funny money for lying in court.
    I suppose within a very short time, all the lawyers would be incarcerated. Then we would have to defend ourselves. Imagine that, standing up in the dock and telling the truth and hoping a jury believed you....It would never work!

Interesting analysis Orkneycadian. At first glance, it’s a product of your well drilled spurtle. On second thoughts, it’s an accurate description of the legal process.

I imagine the loser’s (or losers’) lawyers would claim they’re not really lying because they can’t be sure of the veracity (or lack thereof) of the testimony of their client(s).

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    I don't suppose the data for 2014 to date gives any clues on the consumption of Irn Bru and bubblegum?
    I’m afraid not.

Those figures are classified.