Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Salmond disgrace

Ok, I'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    I have been perusing the identity of the ‘celebrity’ ever since he first appeared in court. Will we ever know who he is? Are we allowed to speculate in public?
    I have since discovered that the celebrity didn’t make a personal appearance in court. Videoed evidence was shown in court instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    That video on the train, filmed by a passenger, from AS's own QC is absolutely shocking and disgraceful in what it reveals. I truly am very shocked and I am glad that the women have spoken out today.
    Me too.

Jackson’s behaviour on the train was unacceptable, and his comments on Salmond are telling.

Meanwhile, Craig Murray claims the whole anti-Salmond case was a conspiracy, supported at the highest levels of the Scottish government and by MI5!

Who filmed Jackson on the train? How did they do it without being spotted? Did they use a concealed camera? Were they following or even ‘stalking’ him, as some have claimed?
    Last edited by aqua; 02-Apr-20 at 13:00.

I never saw that video, but in the end....
    Twelve Good Men and True found him not guilty! Phrase coined from the 1700’s!
    Pls excuse the number and I think two thirds were women!

You should watch the video:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/salmond-s-not-a-sex-pest-says-his-lawyer-gordon-jackson-tsfb7j0gv

I accept that AS was found not guilty of attempted rape and other crimes by a jury. That doesn’t imply his behaviour was acceptable. We all know workplace bullies and ‘tactile’ creeps who go a touch too far without attracting criminal charges.

I agree, but he was discharged.....found Not Guilty.
    Then find an appropriate action to take against him.
    And......did he do what you are suggesting.......or was he ‘stitched up’?
    Time will tell.
    Yes, people in power can be Objectionable! Many are......

And I just read that they may be taking another ‘run’ at him!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 02-Apr-20 at 21:02.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    You should watch the video:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/salmond-s-not-a-sex-pest-says-his-lawyer-gordon-jackson-tsfb7j0gv

I accept that AS was found not guilty of attempted rape and other crimes by a jury. That doesn’t imply his behaviour was acceptable. We all know workplace bullies and ‘tactile’ creeps who go a touch too far without attracting criminal charges.
    Is that not an argument for anonymity for all in such cases? Here we are, a week after he has been cleared of all charges, and yet still the press and others are continuing with the insinuations. The fact remains, AS was cleared. Despite this his reputation has been ruined and his name continues to be dragged through the mud.

The people charged with examining the evidence and making the decisions as to innocence or guilt did so honestly and faithfully, I am sure. These continued attempts at character assassination actually impugn the integrity of both judge and jury. Surely it is wrong to suggest any impropriety on the part of either/both, but that is what these insinuations imply.

The defendant's reputation will never recover from this despite the verdict. Yet the people whom the jury did not believe get to walk away and resume their lives. Is it not time that we protected the identities of all concerned until innocence or guilt is established?

The press, the civil servants, the politicians who continue to defame Alec Salmond are doing a sterling job of undermining the Scottish Judicial system, the Jurors and all women. The women who made these allegations do a great disservice to the women who have a genuine case in need of prosecution.
    Alec Salmond might be a bit of a creep but he’s been proven to be an innocent creep.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345