Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: How do you get a job in Wick

Default How do you get a job in Wick

Is it just me but I have found the most local employers have a second agenda in recruitment (family and friends first) I was in constant employment when I lived and worked down south I come back to Wick and have been unemployed for 3 plus years. And what is even more ridiculous is you cannot advertise your self on Caithness.org looking for work that lacks common sense most employers advertise here as opposed to gumtree which cover's Highland region this is a local forum, it is very frustrating.

Whoever makes the rules of not being able to advertise yourself as an individual available for work on Caithness.org needs to rethink this very seriously as Caithness.org DOES NOT SERVE THE COMMUNITY FULLY AS THIS EXCLUSION OF A FACILITY ON A COMMUNITY BOARD MAKES NO SENSE.
    Last edited by EagleEye; 29-Nov-15 at 23:23.

You just have to make the most of FB friends who hear of a job "going" and get in there 1st.
    Keep on at employers every month (sending in C.V. etc) ..for jobs coming up..
    Try agencies to get back to work ....as a contractor to get the "foot in the door" etc .
    Lidls are looking for staff at the moment ...tescos are looking for temp workers for Christmas ...its a foot in the door if nothing else! It shows willing...and ability to hold down and attend a job at least....and if able may lead to a job...on a part time contract permanently...which helps when looking for work!
    If there are free courses to do with the jobs you are after ..sign up and attend ...at least it shows commitment ...and might help!
    Just getting into looking for work again after getting the kids to school after a few years off myself! It is not easy!
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Considering I have applied for every shop vacancy that has arisen the ignorance of these employers who

1/ Do not even let you know whether your successful or not

2/Even when you ask for feedback they say they will call you never happens

I have applied to Tesco's 46 times , Lidl's 12 times, Pets at home 6 times , Coop 17 times, PPP 6 times plus various others multiple times so it is not for the lack of trying I have experience in retail, hotel's and catering ,childcare and I am not afraid to try something new nor am I scared of hard work. I just need an opportunity to prove myself as you put it a foot in the door this is not possible if your not given the chance

Cleaning jobs on the org at the moment...
    Might be worth a shot....and could help the C.V. as you are employed ...its easier to get a job...
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!