Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women for Indy rocked by financial scandal

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    whats surprising is the an individual had control of the accounts to do this.
    It would surely be prudent to require at least 2 appropriate persons to make payments.
    Well truth will out over time then we will see what really happened

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Seems concerns where raised 7 months before election all the way back in October 2014.

http://www.pressreader.com/bookmark/8R8EJFQ37GY5/

For those interested here's a breakdown of the monies collected by various independence groups.
    As you'll see WFI collected over £50k

more interesting in my opinion is the amount collected by Wings over Scotland, yes the Rev from Bath not bad for a wee blue book and running a web site.

In excess of £330k and he then fund raises to pay for a fine from the electoral commission.

Nice little earner I wonder how many people would like that sort of money for running a website.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 26-Nov-15 at 18:34.

Seemingly Mcgarry "returned" monies ( 4 figure sum ) to WFI prior to WFI reporting issue to police http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/po...figure-6909180 According to the report “She was in the process of trying to sort out what was a shambles.” Friends say she was “shocked and dismayed” when her collegues at WFI called in the police.

Interesting piece here worth reading gives a list of the twenty people who called in the police with one very noticeable name.

http://aidankerr.com/2015/11/24/the-...lice-scotland/

Shona McAlpine has seemingly called Women For Independence (WFI) bullies and that Natalie McGarry is innocent. What a rotten smell...............

Seems WFI pulled the plug on Mcgarry handling money all the way back in February but now we are supposed to believe it was only a matter of weeks. It doesn't help their cause that Mcgarry has allegedly handed back money already.

So we have an organisation that should of notified the police over problems months ago and an MP who was allowed to stand for election when there where know problems surrounding her and the WFI finances.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...arebar_twitter

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    The statement implies that inadequate financial controls were in place up to the march agm 2015, also why didnt they just call in a firm of independant auditors to do an audit instead ?
    According to the sundays WFI did use an accountant to investigate the situation, however they never mentioned this in their press release but I now stand corrected and accept WFI used an external accountant.

Hardly any of the stuff posted in this thread has been anything released in our statement Rob. The only FACTS about this issue are the ones that I posted in the post that detailed our statement. Anything else is made up.

Better Together

Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Just logged in to find that BT is now banned - must admit never seen an explanation following the word 'Banned' any chance of why that had to be explained? I see he has been on the Org for 14 months - how come it took so long? what suddenly brought this to the attention? sorry to say but to the casual user of this forum, it looks bad. Been looking through his/her posts and can't see anything that would instigate the action. I know that certain things have gone on (it's one of my jobs), but shortly after, it does seem unusual the banning takes place. But hey, I'm just an ordinary bod, yep, been suspended a couple of times, and no doubt I have been very very near to being neutered..

Hopefully it's nothing to do with "anything else is made up" mentioned in #49?
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

What's it to do with my post Beks? I posted that at 18.19 having been away all weekend in Edinburgh doing birthday treat things with my husband and littlies. If you read other threads you will see oddquine posted at about 20 past three that he was banned. I would be REALLY surprised if he was banned for something that I didn't write for another 3 hours and to be honest a little bit spooked too.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    What's it to do with my post Beks? I posted that at 18.19 having been away all weekend in Edinburgh doing birthday treat things with my husband and littlies. If you read other threads you will see oddquine posted at about 20 past three that he was banned. I would be REALLY surprised if he was banned for something that I didn't write for another 3 hours and to be honest a little bit spooked too.
    such diverse places as Germany, Italy, Canada, so bears no relation to one's location and time..
    Yep, it spooked me too - what with BT going on about 'Women For Independence" with some 20 posts on this thread alone.. of course another lively poster go for a reason that's not been really explainedI don't think you had anything to do with his demise, that would be obtuse, but I have posted on here from of posting (by the way my typing has suddenly moved up from one line to another above - pretty basic stuff, and I know this is being read as I write, but never mind) Just sad to see how it was suddenly discovered after 14 months, "where have all the trouble makers gone" was a thread, and it looks like it's a very valid question I'll post this here as it now is, with stupid manipulation not done by me, maybe the orgmaster can investigate?

why on my settings control panel is there a list of my postings which contain comments attributed to posters, or are they mods and this was a role that I never knew existed as its not very clear, ie I never knew this existed until I tried to make changes to my settings : eg comments on my postings that are not displayed on the thread ie Squidge : "Halleluyah" ( couldnt give a flying what she's got to say about any post I make ) : Orkadian : purile ( oh yeah ) etc etc ie people commenting on my posts and then the org give me a reputational rating ? Cant you see that this process is highly subjective, whose opinion counts : can I do this ie make remarks on postings or what do you need to be to do this ? If you hold certain political views and can do this can you not see how totally unfair and subjective the process is even without politics the process is highly subjective and I feel impartially manipulative. OK I got some good comments but can this process be explained to me ?

Oh look, the answer is in the FAQ: http://forum.caithness.org/faq.php?f...vb3_reputation

Imagine that

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Fernie View Post
    Oh look, the answer is in the FAQ: http://forum.caithness.org/faq.php?f...vb3_reputation

Imagine that
    Thanks I didnt know that and spare the sarcasm pal

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Thanks I didnt know that and spare the sarcasm pal

Come on Niall that was rather uncalled for?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123