Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Women for Indy rocked by financial scandal

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    I have said this all along, the SNP didn't care who stood for the seats, clearly background checks were not mandatory. Going by some of their Twitter accounts, half of them do not engage their brain before typing. None of this though will stop voters voting for the SNP, regardless of all the scandal, to them SNP = Independence, and they will stoop to any level to get it.
    True and we are seeing it all come out now but your right committed yessers will vote SNP even if they are exposed by audit scotland police etc.....theyd rather live in a corrupt, centralist free state, than be part of rUK

its a shame our resident Madam Yes has bowed out out of this one.
    Squidge, the name is out there now, no details required but lets have your opinion on the seemingly unsuitable crop of SNP MP's

Now now, Im just awaiting the usual SNP onslaught from the usual brigade, let you into a secret....the SNP can never ever be wrong either morally, politically or in anyway to say otherwise makes the sayer a quisling / traitor unfit to breath the air of scotland

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Let's not mention the accusations of Bullying from within WFI that have been reported eh it might get uncomfortable.

“We have identified an apparent discrepancy between our donation income and the expenditure which we currently have evidence of. We have exhausted all opportunities of obtaining adequate evidence or explanation to account for this discrepancy.” WFI : And Members have openly spoken about being betrayed : but see wings over scotlands take on this debacle...Orwellian double speak / smoke and mirrors

Seems WFI isn't such a nice organisation either according to Shona Mcalpine. Does make you wonder where it will all end, so many people abusing each other and all constantly associated with just one party.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Seems WFI isn't such a nice organisation either according to Shona Mcalpine. Does make you wonder where it will all end, so many people abusing each other and all constantly associated with just one party.
    Oh dear oh dear, still all small political splinter groups always dissolve into acrimony and disharmony, ie SSP. Not surprised in the slighest as their darling SNP is a bullys delight, toe the tightly controlled party line or your finished. No room for free speech nor debate, plenty room for party liners who are well dodgy though eh !

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    “We have identified an apparent discrepancy between our donation income and the expenditure which we currently have evidence of. We have exhausted all opportunities of obtaining adequate evidence or explanation to account for this discrepancy.” WFI : And Members have openly spoken about being betrayed : but see wings over scotlands take on this debacle...Orwellian double speak / smoke and mirrors

You mean I'm a Reverand but not a real one Stu who lives in Bath England, gets fined by the electoral commission then has to audacity to crowd fund to pay it even though he's made a very tidy little profit from the Indy movement stoking up grievance and alternate spin on every single issue you can get your head about.

If nothing else you have to admire his business acumen making best part of £200k while living in England, from Independence supporters that takes a particular amount of style. Especially the way he attacks people who don't live in Scotland for even mentioning the subject, mendacious to a point.

I suppose we should be glad he hasn't begged poverty and diabetes to get takeaways delivered to his house yet unlike his now famous internet troll friend Clairerobsc1 and alleged 20 yr old female, yes you guessed it infamous for her tweets with Paul Monagahan MP now widely reported in the National press.

Turns out Claire was actually Mark but not only not female or 20 but male and in his 40s.

wonders will never cease.

The joys of living in such wonderous times where we are going to live in a free, fairer society with all the old ills swept away by an invigorating new forces in politics.

Yep and you can spot the people who post very over the top denial postings on here as their "facts" are usually direct lifts from WingsoverScotland...the power of propoganda and the gullible

It also shows up that your thoughts on some posts coming virtually direct from SNP party central. When you look at those involved in WFI and the incredibly close links it has with the SNP ( 7 candidates) does make you wonder, now everything is starting to haemorage out if some have not been taking us all for fools.
    Constant denial doesn't mean it isn't so.

Add into that the recent news from Alex Bell about the white Paper being wishful thinking and orchestrated by Ms Sturgeon directly does make you wonder if those who took every word espoused have been treated with incredible contempt by the party they've put so much faith in.

From where I'm sitting I see lots of grandstanding and kerfuffle over consitutional issues but the day to day grind of actually running the country is being ignored or roundly dismissed with a wave of the hand and shouts of " look at the polls"

It also shows up that your thoughts on some posts coming virtually direct from SNP party central. When you look at those involved in WFI and the incredibly close links it has with the SNP ( 7 candidates) does make you wonder, now everything is starting to haemorage out if some have not been taking us all for fools.
    Constant denial doesn't mean it isn't so.

Add into that the recent news from Alex Bell about the white Paper being wishful thinking and orchestrated by Ms Sturgeon directly does make you wonder if those who took every word espoused have been treated with incredible contempt by the party they've put so much faith in.

From where I'm sitting I see lots of grandstanding and kerfuffle over consitutional issues but the day to day grind of actually running the country is being ignored or roundly dismissed with a wave of the hand and shouts of " look at the polls"
    A bunch of out and out lying chancers and the tsarina is top of the heap her hubby has a lot to answer for as well surely his day of reckoning is due

Last edited by rob murray; 25-Nov-15 at 20:46.

What exactly are you expecting me to say Davth. I can only give you my own view of Women for Indy and you won't like it.

Women for Indy formed around a Kitchen table. I stumbled across it on Facebook in its very early stages. I was "gathered up" into a National Executive in 2013 and elected onto the current Executive group earlier this year. As a non politician - in fact as a stay at home mum which is what I was when I joined the group, and someone who has never been a political activist before and who was not a member of any political party, I found my voice, my experience and knowledge was respected and I was consulted and encouraged to participate fully. Which I did.

Women for Indy has a dual name remember. It is Women for Independence|Independence for women and following the referendum our focus shifted to examining women's issues, particularly focusing on the affects of poverty - school uniform banks were a local groups campaign - and the current campaign around women in the justice system following a successful campaign against the new "women's super prison". In addition there are 51 groups meeting at various intervals doing a variety of things from political education, campaigning on local issues affecting women, like the lack of provision of maternity pads in hospitals, or the cuts to women's support services for those affected by domestic violence.

Many of of the original executive stepped down at the AGM in March and there was a new committee elected. My experience of the current exec is that it is a supportive effective group and my experience of WFI throughout the almost 3 years I have been involved in it, is completely at odds with the view expressed in the quoted article.

It would surely be surprising if a group that exists to encourage women's voices to be heard and women to participate more fully in the democratic process did not have women who were doing exactly that. The National Executive has 24 members so less than half are SNP candidates. In addition to SNP candidates we have a green candidate and Green Party members and those who are members of no political party. The full list of exec members is on our website at www.womenforindependence.org. I love being part of this organisation. I am massively proud of the National Executive and the absolute integrity with which we have dealt with this unpleasant situation. Everything we have said about this situation is contained in the press release from Monday and the email we sent to our members and I hope that the police are allowed to conduct their investigation away from the appalling speculation seen across social media and in the press.

If anyone has anything else they would like to ask women for Independence or, for that matter me, then we are encouraging members to email directly on info@womenforindependence.org or you can contact me through the Private message function here or by emailing squidge142@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you
    Last edited by squidge; 25-Nov-15 at 21:04.

Well even the illustrious Tommy Sheridan has thrown his hat into the ring with regards to WFI and the bullying accusations.

Regardless of of the outcome of Police Investigations regarding the missing funds, itis now becoming quite apparent that there is something unsavoury going on within the Hierachy of this organisation that the women who have put faith in this organisation are not party to.

No no doubt they will go into overdrive with face saving denials of any discord within but there is never any smoke without fire and over the coming weeks more is sure to appear.

We were told they heralded the new face of politics within Scotland but the somewhat tawdry tales of Bullying and Fiscal impropriety do little to appease those who question the stark realities now emerging from the very heart of this organisation.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 26-Nov-15 at 01:39.

Well even the illustrious Tommy Sheridan has thrown his hat into the ring with regards to WFI and the bullying accusations.

Regardless of of the outcome of Police Investigations regarding the missing funds, itis now becoming quite apparent that there is something unsavoury going on within the Hierachy of this organisation that the women who have put faith in this organisation are not party to.

No no doubt they will go into overdrive with face saving denials of any discord within but there is never any smoke without fire and over the coming weeks more is sure to appear.

We were told they heralded the new face of politics within Scotland but the somewhat tawdry tales of Bullying and Fiscal impropriety do little to appease those who question the stark realities now emerging from the very heart of this organisation.
    With respect Sheridan has an agenda against several ex SSP females involved in WFI, lets face it you will find personalised "debate" in all small political groups which lead to conflict and splits, political history has plenty of similar events. So Im not surprised that in all probability factions would be at work and again lets face it the group contained very recently politicised women ( a good thing ! ) but also contained hard bitten ex pro politicians who know how to play the game. Time will out though but I would be looking at a more creditible surce than Sheridan.

Nothing is apparent to anyone outside the women for independence statement. This statement represents the stark realities and anything else is speculation and tittle tattle.

For or the avoidance of doubt I have added the statement here

Women for Independence have, for several weeks now, been examining the finances of the organisation, after our senior support staff raised concerns in late summer.
    We have identified an apparent discrepancy between our income (via donations) and the expenditure which we currently have evidence of. Because of the potential seriousness of this issue, the National Committee of WFI decided that the right thing to do was to pass this matter to the police.
    The discrepancies occurred during the period from 2014 through to our formal constitution as an organisation at our first AGM in March 2015. It is the robust and appropriate systems and procedures that were adopted following that AGM that have revealed the discrepancies concerned.
    Women for Independence has been and is supported by hundreds of women and men who have donated to our work. We know that those people will share our profound disappointment that this situation has arisen. The situation we have referred to the police for further inquiry is serious but we want to stress to our supporters that appropriate, robust and transparent controls are now in place to protect any monies donated to WFI now or in the future. We hope that our members and supporters are reassured that Women for Independence have acted promptly and taken the appropriate steps.

We will be making no further public comment on this matter until the police have conducted their investigations.

Well the press is telling a different story that these issues have been rumbling on since March which excuse me if it seems naive but works out to 8 months not a few weeks.

So something smells very fishy in the whole thing.

The fact that some WFI finances have apparently gone missing and it's taken this long to get to a position where an MP has been forced to stand down from holding the party whip and there appears to be no one else being held to account is cause for concern.

It shows a distinct lack of proper procedures and controls from the very top.

The spotlight of the countries media is now zeroed in on WFI for reasons they probably don't appreciate putting out a pretty standard don't worry press release isn't really dealing with the issue.

Well the press is telling a different story that these issues have been rumbling on since March which excuse me if it seems naive but works out to 8 months not a few weeks.

So something smells very fishy in the whole thing.

The fact that some WFI finances have apparently gone missing and it's taken this long to get to a position where an MP has been forced to stand down from holding the party whip and there appears to be no one else being held to account is cause for concern.

It shows a distinct lack of proper procedures and controls from the very top.

The spotlight of the countries media is now zeroed in on WFI for reasons they probably don't appreciate putting out a pretty standard don't worry press release isn't really dealing with the issue.
    The statement implies that inadequate financial controls were in place up to the march agm 2015, also why didnt they just call in a firm of independant auditors to do an audit instead ?
    Last edited by rob murray; 26-Nov-15 at 12:35.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    The statement implies that inadequate financial controls were in place up to the march agm 2015, also why didnt they just call in a firm of independant auditors to do an audit instead ?
    According to Mr Anwar, solicitor for Natalie Mcgarry, he has instructed “forensic accountants to obtain all the necessary information” for Police Scotland and WFI. I take it this means he will put in independant auditors which should have been done from the off.

It shouldn't be that difficult to discover where money has gone unless it's cash that's been laying around which doesn't appear to be the case.

Money in to X account
    Money out to Y account
    then justifications for where it's gone and what it's been used for with necessary invoices.

Hardly rocket science or requiring forensic analysis unless someone's been really clever with how things have been moved about. Even then there would be an audit trail to follow, money doesn't just vanish into thin air.

whats surprising is the an individual had control of the accounts to do this.
    It would surely be prudent to require at least 2 appropriate persons to make payments.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast