Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women for Indy rocked by financial scandal

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Default Women for Indy rocked by financial scandal

It seems the group women for Indpendence has been rocked by a financial Scandal,auditors have been called in following a discrepancy in their books accounting for tens of thousands of donations missing.

http://www.womenforindependence.org/media_statements

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/po...s-indy-6881468

Nats ripping of Nats
    can only be a good thing, keep up the good thieving ladies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    Nats ripping of Nats
    can only be a good thing, keep up the good thieving ladies!!!

Youll like this as well. A girl who is actually a 40yr old man has wee chats with Paul Monagahan and many others then gets Nationalist supporters to send takeaways to his Glasgow flat. Because someone with diabetes really needs loads of takeaways.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/ang...-aged-40.10289

that is a quality scam
    Not really fair to associate our MP with it though.

As you know I'm on the National Executive of Women for Independence and have been since it started. I can't add anything to the media statement for obvious reasons other than to say that the shock and distress this has caused to all of us who have worked so hard for WFI up to the referendum and since as we champion women's issues going forward has been devastating.

What I will say is that I am hugely proud of how this issue has been handled - in the right way - in an absolutely above board ethical manner. The support and solidarity of our members for our NEC has already been amazing and will go some way to overcome the sadness we feel at being betrayed in this way.

Im sure you will understand if I don't post again on this subject. It's just too sore
    Last edited by squidge; 23-Nov-15 at 09:22.

happy holidays!!
    (fortheavoidanceofanydoubtwhatsoeverthisisajokeand innowayanaccusationaimedatanyoneoranything)
    Last edited by davth; 23-Nov-15 at 09:20.

I got it Davth

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    I got it Davth
    The gag or the swag?

The gag! Be careful!

in all seriousness it is sad to see an organisation being ripped off from within.
    It makes you wonder if due diligence was correctly carried out on folk with the means to access the funds though.

It seems the initial focus is on Natalie Mcgarry SNP

"The Daily Record can reveal that initial inquiries into the financial scandal gripping Women for Independence (WFI) are focusing on Glasgow East representative Natalie McGarry."

"We revealed that WFI has called in the police after an internal audit showed vast sums of money raised by grassroots supporters was unaccounted for.
    It’s understood the complaint was sparked when McGarry was unable to explain what had happened to the money.
    Multiple sources revealed other members of the group first raised concerns with McGarry several months ago and failed to receive an adequate explanation."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/po...-probe-6885561
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 23-Nov-15 at 17:55.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    It seems the initial focus is on Natalie Mcgarry SNP

The Daily Record can reveal that initial inquiries into the financial scandal gripping Women for Independence (WFI) are focusing on Glasgow East representative Natalie McGarry.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/po...-probe-6885561
    Sometimes things can get in a a guddle, ie inappropriate systems in place not upto controlling the money flows which by all accounts were very substantial, Natalie McGarry may have fallen victim to system inadequacies who knows but its in police hands now and she has been very quickly named, so truth will out, she is of course innocent until proved guilty so Im not accusing the women of anything as its not my place.

Recent statement by Aamer Anwar

Following today’s media reports the following statement is issued by solicitor Aamer Anwar on behalf of Natalie McGarry MP.
    “Natalie McGarry MP is aware that suggestions of reported discrepancies in the accounts of ‘Women for Independence’ have been passed to Police Scotland. This morning I contacted Police Scotland at Natalie’s request to advise them that she is ready to meet with them should they wish to.

Accordingly I have advised Natalie that it would be inappropriate to make any further comment until the conclusion of that inquiry, other than to state that she is certain that there has been no wrong doing on her part.”

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Recent statement by Aamer Anwar

Following today’s media reports the following statement is issued by solicitor Aamer Anwar on behalf of Natalie McGarry MP.
    “Natalie McGarry MP is aware that suggestions of reported discrepancies in the accounts of ‘Women for Independence’ have been passed to Police Scotland. This morning I contacted Police Scotland at Natalie’s request to advise them that she is ready to meet with them should they wish to.

Accordingly I have advised Natalie that it would be inappropriate to make any further comment until the conclusion of that inquiry, other than to state that she is certain that there has been no wrong doing on her part.”
    Typical legal speak meaningless

Woman for independence. What an absolutely stupid name for a group. Blokes for independence? Whatever next, cats for the union.

Saying that, the lot of you are turkeys voting for xmas anyway so nothing should surprise me.
    There are basically 3 type of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant

Doubts are now being cast over Natalie Mcgarrys suitability to have been elected as an MP. Given that wfi claim to have been investigating the issue since March questions are now being asked who and when in the SNP became aware of these allegations. Given that Alistair Carmichaels ongoing court case draws remarkable similarities it is quite right that such questions be asked from the party now in charge. If the SNP knew prior to the general election that one of their politicians may be under criminal investigation how could they sanction their appointment to position.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-34911289

Natalie Mcgarry has resigned the whip which means she is automatically no longer an SNP MP

I have said this all along, the SNP didn't care who stood for the seats, clearly background checks were not mandatory. Going by some of their Twitter accounts, half of them do not engage their brain before typing. None of this though will stop voters voting for the SNP, regardless of all the scandal, to them SNP = Independence, and they will stoop to any level to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    I have said this all along, the SNP didn't care who stood for the seats, clearly background checks were not mandatory. Going by some of their Twitter accounts, half of them do not engage their brain before typing. None of this though will stop voters voting for the SNP, regardless of all the scandal, to them SNP = Independence, and they will stoop to any level to get it.
    Wasnt there was always an element of kidology about the status of so called independent groups campaigning for a Yes vote. They were, as they always said, not the same as the SNP. It’s just that seven members of the WFI board are now SNP candidates for next year’s Scottish parliament elections. This should not be considered a surprise when it came to selecting candidates for 2016, who better than those with an obvious commitment to the cause and, importantly, some experience of campaigning too. ( forget the candidate diligence process as its obvious there's none ! ) It was a brave decision to report missing monies to the police as this situation obviously adds to the emerging narrative, that far from delivering a "new politics" as sturgeon put it, the SNP are exactly the same as the old parties all along, mired in sleaze, cronyism and corruption....nowt changed perhaps the obvious extent of blatant lying. STrong opposition parties would mince them but we havent got any have we ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast