Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: House external wall insulation

Smile House external wall insulation

Hi

I have noticed a large number of houses in the county getting external wall insulation fitted. Is there a grant available for this?

I noticed this going on and was told it was free.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Contact these folk and they should help and advise - Home Energy Scotland they advise on what is out there and if grants are available, think for Highlands and Islands office is based in Inverness. think they are part of the Energy Savings trust, worth checking out both

Good morning ,

i was just wondering if you got the information you were looking for ? i work for a EWI company and would be happy to help with any information ?

thanks Heather

i would like to know how to apply for this plz?

I was interested in getting this done but was told it was only free if the house had solid fuel heating. As I am gas eon did a survey and a couple of weeks later I got their price 10'000 pounds. It was very quickly consigned to the blue bin.

Quote Originally Posted by bonami View Post
    I was interested in getting this done but was told it was only free if the house had solid fuel heating. As I am gas eon did a survey and a couple of weeks later I got their price 10'000 pounds. It was very quickly consigned to the blue bin.
    Yes. I was told that because there are no carbon savings to be made if you have gas heating, I didn't qualify. I didn't bother with the survey they offered - after reading Bonami's experience I'm glad I didn't. I suppose there must be some logic in there somewhere, but in view of the current irrational fixation on carbon reduction targets maybe not.