Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Norton Internet Security giving warning about visiting Caithness.org

Default Norton Internet Security giving warning about visiting Caithness.org

I have just had multiple warnings from Norton Internet Security that this site has been hacked or is trying go to phishing ... and I do not mean fishing!

Can we get some more information like where on the site you got the warnings?

Is anyone else, with any other antivirus getting similar?

I've just checked our sites with Norton's safeweb site and we show no warnings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caithness-norton.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	27964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sutherland-norton.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	27962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	business-norton.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	27963  

Default Pages visited

Hi Niall, thanks for checking.

I have attached screen capture of pages I went to ... then my post. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caithnessorg.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	27965

The warnings are not now happening so it may have been an issue with my computer, my network connections were also acting up this afternoon so it may have been caused by interrupted page downloads ...

Richard

Kaspersky give a certificate problem warning.

Gerry, could you be a little more specific?

We don't use any certificates but third party stuff that we embed might.

If you can give me the page you were on and the error message that would be helpful. I would imaging that kaspersky keeps a log or history of warnings somewhere.

Also, I found this about a kaspersky certificate problem with Internet explorer and Firefox due to those browsers not trusting kasperskys own certificate that it uses to verify websites: http://support.iyogi.com/security/an...g-website.html

Neil
    I have the latest version of Kaspersky Total Security. The message is "20.10.2015 21.06.20 SSL connection with invalid certificate detected Connection terminated Time: 10/20/2015 9:06 PM Certificate error: Invalid name of certificate. Either the name is not on the allowed list, or was explicitly excluded."

This is on Chrome using Windows 10

Could you tell me where (which pages) on the site you receive this error?

On the Home page, neil

I'm going to remove the old broken facebook plugin just now to see if that fixes it for you. Give me a couple of minutes.

So I've removed that and apart from occasional things failing to load. I can't find anything relating to SSL at all.

Niall, Gerry

Could it simply be that Gerry went to Caithness.org under https:// if you do then what you get is an error message, not given by Internet Security software but by the browser. Attached image shows the message Click image for larger version. 

Name:	certificateerror.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	27982

If this is the case then maybe this post (my original post) could be deleted as it may be causing confusion as I am pretty convinced the original problem I raised was caused by an interrupted browser download (broadband issue) causing Norton to issue a warning message.

Richard

Richard. I use a bookmark on my browser bar. It is straight www.caithness.org no https://
    Neil. It only comes up the first time I call it in a session, as Kaspersky gives me the option to 'Disconnect' which what I usually do. I will get back to you tomorrow when I go back in. Not a big issue with me BTW

Good news that it's not causing you a problem. But I'd still like to get to the bottom it anyway.

Neil, your removing of that plugin seems to of worked. Did not get that message today

Good stuff!