Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: John Dunnet/Henrietta Sutherland

Default John Dunnet/Henrietta Sutherland

Looking for information about John Dunnet born 1848 in Wick. John's parents were James Ward Dunnet and Jane Dunnet.
    John died in 1917 in the Royal Infirmary Edinburgh. He married Henrietta Sutherland in 1873. Henrietta was born c1852 in Wick ,daughter of Francis Sutherland and Catherine Morrison. She died in 1922 in Leith. Her father Francis was born in Latheron.

John and Henrietta had 12 children: Catherine, Jane, James, Francis, Jessie, Charlotte, John, William, Elizabeth, Henrietta, Ann, and Alexina Barbara.

Son William signed WWI Attestation Papers for the Canadian Expeditionary Force
    Brother Francis is listed as next of kin and was in Sydney, NSW.

James and Jane were both born 1821ish. James parents were James Dunnet 1791Canisbay -1861 Wick (parents James Dunnet and Katherine Rosie 1769 ) and Jane Wards c 1775 Orkney
    Janes were John Dunnet and Christina Sutherland.

James and Jane had 9 children that I know of
    Alexander, Jane m James Sinclair, James, John, Christina, Alexandrina, George, Donald married Jane ? and Charlotte

Mamie

Thanks very much for the info - I will check out sons William and Francis.
    By 1901 census the whole family had moved to Edinburgh.William's occupation was listed as apprentice confectioner and Francis was listed as an upholsterer.

I have most of the information about John 's family. One of John's sisters was my great great grandmother Jane, born 1844.

thanks again