Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noam Chomsky's Views on Trident

As an aside and meant to be funny (if only ever so slightly!):
    I consider that a portion of my youth was considerably influenced by ‘Protect And Survive’- how I used to love that booklet! I looked it up on the internet yesterday as a result of this thread and there it was! You can still read it in all its glory. Let’s hope that it never becomes necessary to issue it again.
    It took me a long time to resume regarding my cupboard under the stairs as a mere storage facility. I had got so used to thinking of it as a nuclear bunker into which my family would somehow squeeze, along with the dog, the budgie and the two guinea pigs, a stockpile (note the weapon terminology!) of non-perishable food, numerous bottles of water, blankets, torches, toys, magazines, games (to keep ourselves from going stir crazy) and of course- the radio and it’s spare batteries on which to receive the instructions and updates from the government in their I suspect, somewhat better equipped, secret bunker many miles away. Luckily, the cupboard opens out into the bathroom so handily close to the loo (as I think it would have got fairly unpleasant, in the recommended necessary fortnight of incarceration to be using the sanitation bucket, even with a lid on it) and of course, the bath in which we were to store the additional water (non-irradiated, of course) in case the bottles ran out. You can imagine that replacing the plug with the slight slow leak moved to the top of the household priority list. However, I do not know to this day how we were to barricade the outside of the door with sandbags once we were all safely ensconced inside as this is not explained. Nevertheless, 2 weeks after the attack we were to stagger forth blinking into the light of our entirely changed and irradiated brave new world and stick up our chins and carry on.
    (I always think that the guinea pigs had a lucky escape- the dog would probably have eaten them).

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Not sure if any of you have seen the news this morning with the Moldovan security services arresting a group of individuals attempting to sell depleted uranium to ISIL. This just goes to show how dangerous the world is becoming. Along with Valdmir Putin probing Turkish airspace to see how far he can push things. It would come as no surprise to me if after creating sufficient instability in Syria and propping up Assaads regime we suddenly find Turkey becoming unstable with men in masks appearing all over the place. Then you'll have to rather unconvincing putsch and next thing Turkey and Russia will be best buddies and Vlad will have proved how totally impotent NATO is. Much hand wringing will go on all the usual peace protestors will appear on the streets and the world will become a more dangerous place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12