Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refugee Crisis - easy to follow cartoon

The key word to that cartoon link is the word "integration" , The people are never integrated as they just set up their own little communities as per where they come from and expect the indigenous people to accommodate their way of life. I suppose that is why there is all different types of communities all around the UK with no intention of being fully integrated just picking the good bits from the local society and keeping their own customs and way of life and get away with it.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Not to mention Israel who seem to be the only country bordering Syria who have taken none, yet I haven't heard any condemnation of them.

You'd think with their history they'd be a bit more understanding & compasionate...
    The clue was in the last three words of my sentence "to their own race"?
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    The key word to that cartoon link is the word "integration" , The people are never integrated as they just set up their own little communities as per where they come from and expect the indigenous people to accommodate their way of life. I suppose that is why there is all different types of communities all around the UK with no intention of being fully integrated just picking the good bits from the local society and keeping their own customs and way of life and get away with it.
    Much the same as british expats who move to spain in search of a better life

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    Doesn't make it right though does it, even if they pensioners, they are supported by the British pensions earned in the UK.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

One of the recent new reports stated that a lot of the young men who are seen at the borders are coming to Europe to seek work then send the finances home to support their families.

This would make them economic migrants not refugees. It has to be asked why so many fit young men are leaving their countries of origin and not bringing their families with them if the reason is they are genuinely in fear of their live through war.

I'm not sure if anyone watched Nicola Sturgeon speaking about the crisis but her word where quite careful she stated that the Scottish Government would seek to take the 2000 quota, gone was the previous moral outrage and defiant stance that we should take our fair share. Now it's all become about how soon, what conditions and ultimately they will seek to take them which denotes some possible reason not to.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 22-Sep-15 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    One of the recent new reports stated that a lot of the young men who are seen at the borders are coming to Europe to seek work then send the finances home to support their families.

This would make them economic migrants not refugees. It has to be asked why so many fit young men are leaving their countries of origin and not bringing their families with them if the reason is they are genuinely in fear of their live through war.

I'm not sure if anyone watched Nicola Sturgeon speaking about the crisis but her word where quite careful she stated that the Scottish Government would seek to take the 2000 quota, gone was the previous moral outrage and defiant stance that we should take our fair share. Now it's all become about how soon, what conditions and ultimately they will seek to take them which denotes some possible reason not to.

I await the request for further money paid by the UK treasury to facilitate these 2000, it won't be paid out of the current budget will it ? but I could be wrong
    Muhammad Ali

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

I thought the Chancellor said the money would be coming from the foreign aid budget, I could be wrong on that but it would seem to be an appropriate use of the money.

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    I didn't realise these immigrants were loaded and could support themselves for the rest of their lives

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    I didn't realise these immigrants were loaded and could support themselves for the rest of their lives
    nor did we, that's why nobody mentioned it - we were talking about integration

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    I suppose there ends your similarities to the British "expats" looking for better weather no doubt, or asylum maybe from the current con/nat government perhaps.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    I thought the Chancellor said the money would be coming from the foreign aid budget, I could be wrong on that but it would seem to be an appropriate use of the money.
    I forgot about that, but should have realised the nats never miss a trick to get/screw more cash from the UK government lol.
    Muhammad Ali

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12