Hi, trying to track down any records of Francis Brotchie, his parents and siblings. I know he joined the Northern Fencibles (Gordon Highlanders) in 1793 from Dunnet at the age of 26. He was a wee fella at just 5ft 3" height. He then travelled with them around the UK before ending up posted in Kirkcaldy until 1799 when they disbanded. He stayed in Kirkcaldy/Abbotshall and married Christian Marshell there in 1798 and had a son called John in 1799. Francis was an umbrella maker by trade, something I guess he learned while he was in Dunnet parish as he was advertising his business in 1799, immediately after he left the Fencibles. All subsequent generations after Francis are liberally scattered with John's, Francis's, Jean's ( sometimes recorded as Janet or Jane) and Frances's. I am guessing therefore that his parents/ grandparents may have been called John or Francis.Anyone know anything about Francis or if he might fit in another Brotchie family folk are researching? Alternatively any pointers as to where I might look next would be greatly appreciated ( I live in Thurso so can visit local spots) CheersJen