Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How Much More Damage To This Country (Scotland) Can The SNP Do?

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

The latest poll shows that if the SNP pledge to another referendum in their manifesto they will lose a third of their voters.

That'll be all the ones who don't want Independence and believed them when they said the GE wasn't about independence.

That won't go down well at party central.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    You forgot to mention : First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she would only hold another referendum if she was confident she would win......what has......"the rest of us have been busy getting on with selecting candidates, winning seats, implementing legislation and lobbying on a variety of policies".....who is "us" and what has this got to do with anything ? As for stamping your feet about for ages.....well................
    Does sound like someone who is more involved with the party than they let on.But what do I know.

Stamping your feet......ok...how about lie back and believe 100% of SNP utterances....for someone who advocates "democracy" ( the right to challenge, demand answers....call it stamping yer feet ) her utterances do her no favours whatsoever, cant seem to help herself... theres always got to be a subtle and not so subtle dig, cant leave things alone and make a comment and leave it at that. Nah...scorrie politics....fly in ....make a lot of noise....dump on pepple....and fly off.......

YouGov/Times
    (Scotland good/bad job)

Cameron -33 (+1)

Sturgeon +39 (-16)

Dugdale -15

Davidson =

7-10 Sep
    N=1,110

http://t.co/cNyxWMD56Y
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 14-Sep-15 at 16:19.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    YouGov/Times
    (Scotland good/bad job)

Cameron -33 (+1)

Sturgeon +39 (-16)

Dugdale -15

Davidson =

7-10 Sep
    N=1,110

http://t.co/cNyxWMD56Y
    Dugdale dont count....she has done nowt yet ! Whats Davidsons ranking...is Sturgeon down 16 points ?

Sturgeon down 16 points, Davidson no move

Seems there is dissent within the rank and file over in Ayr I wonder how many other areas are suffering similar problems

You forgot to mention : First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she would only hold another referendum if she was confident she would win......what has......"the rest of us have been busy getting on with selecting candidates, winning seats, implementing legislation and lobbying on a variety of policies".....who is "us" and what has this got to do with anything ? As for stamping your feet about for ages.....well................
    On this board you guys have been stamping your feet about a 2nd Indy ref since September 19th 2014 lol. Demanding that it doesn't happen, demanding a time scale, asking for a date, demanding to know if it will be in the manifesto and if not- why not.

The messtage has been consistent from the SNP all the way through.

1. There will be the possibility of a 2nd referendum if there is a significant change

2. This will only happen if the people vote for it to happen and if there is significant support for a yes vote.

Those of us that support the SNP and are members have been getting on with what I described. Selecting candidates for Westminster, getting them elected. We have had a selection process for candidates for holyrood constituencies and we are getting on with selections for list seat candidates. We have some by elections going on and in the meantime those in parliament have been getting on with the business of government. there has been much lobbying going on across a whole range of issues over the last year or more.

The focus has not been on a 2nd Indy ref for those of us that want one because we know there are other things to do first.. For those that don't want one - well it's hardly been off this message board.
    Last edited by squidge; 15-Sep-15 at 07:38.

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    Squidge, Alex salmond was at the time those statements our first minister and leader of the SNP.Therefore anything he states on public record is the position of the SNP and their pledge.Don't you think that the potential £15m cost to the country and further divison is something to worry about, or perhaps the open loose morals of our SMP's?
    Squidge, any response?

Clearly Sturgeon and Salmond must have been "misquoted" yet again, because they never make any reference to a second referendum -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-34234024

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/pol...loser-1.899914

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    Squidge, any response?
    Your posts get a bit lost amongst the rest of them.

You have a point that Alex Salmond was First Minister at the time and I can see that had he used the words "promised" or "pledged" then he could have been seen as promising or pledging on behalf of the SNP. There are two issues with that though, firstly, he did not either promise or pledge that there would be no future referendum and secondly he stated twice that this was his view and his opinion, saying specifically "in my opinion, and it is just my opinion".

I agree that spending money on a second referendum now would be a waste of money. However, if in the future voters vote for the opportunity for a second referendum, in specific circumstances and public opinion is such that Independence is supported. In short, if it appears that those supporting an Independent Scotland are in the majority then I think it would be right and proper to have another referendum. I don't know when that would be, but then, it's not up to me, it's up to all of us.

As for your question about open loose morals, I don't really know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    On this board you guys have been stamping your feet about a 2nd Indy ref since September 19th 2014 lol. Demanding that it doesn't happen, demanding a time scale, asking for a date, demanding to know if it will be in the manifesto and if not- why not.
    So here we have a deliberate misrepresentation our esteemed SNP voice on the org claims its all about us who do not support independence keeping the topic alive, totally ignoring that at every turn we have Sturgeon, Salmond on a plethora of other SNP Elected Politicians on record espousing how something or other is a possible reason for Indy2.

If it wasn't for the SNP spokespeople keeping popping up with Media releases then the subject would be finished. How very atypical blame every one but yourselves.

How dare we the ordinary public have the temerity to discuss in public their statements and press releases. I suggest then if the SNP general party isn't intending Indy2 anytime soon it ceases and desists immediately constantly harping on about it every few days.

Sad reality is they can't let it slide and fade away even though they all know they have no hope of winning because as soon as that happens they cease to exist as a political force.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 15-Sep-15 at 09:12.

To simplify matters for everyone, independence is in the snp Mandate it is their ethos. people who have read this and voted for them have voted for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant209 View Post
    To simplify matters for everyone, independence is in the snp Mandate it is their ethos. people who have read this and voted for them have voted for this.
    And 55% of the voting public voted against Independence. The Country spoke. So maybe it is time for the SNP to either disband, change their name, or change their ethos.

The messtage has been consistent from the SNP all the way through.

1. There will be the possibility of a 2nd referendum if there is a significant change

2. This will only happen if the people vote for it to happen and if there is significant support for a yes vote.

Those of us that support the SNP and are members have been getting on with what I described. Selecting candidates for Westminster, getting them elected. We have had a selection process for candidates for holyrood constituencies and we are getting on with selections for list seat candidates. We have some by elections going on and in the meantime those in parliament have been getting on with the business of government. there has been much lobbying going on across a whole range of issues over the last year or more.

The focus has not been on a 2nd Indy ref for those of us that want one because we know there are other things to do first.. For those that don't want one - well it's hardly been off this message board.
    Stamping our feet....as is our right just the same as you are well known on here for stamping your feet / shaking head / sighing etc etc !! Your post is meaningless....the SNP supposedly will outline a number of scenarios in their 2016 manifesto that COULD ( their words ) trigger the possibility of another indy vote, on the basis of the SNP gaining majority it will be interpreted by the SNP as a legitimate mandate to call for indy 2 as they will claim voters who voted for them voted for the manifesto.........but on what basis, the manifesto will contain a number of scenarios...so what scenario will trigger the "call for a legitimate vote / re run " surely it will be the SNP governments chpice here the elcorate will be given a menu ? ANyway Sturgeon has countered this by stating that she would only have a vote if she was sure she would win.....so whats the point in playing semantics and trotting out this childish nonsense, STurgeon will ultimatly call for indy 2, saying that they will act on the peoples wishes and thats that. As it stands it wont be next year as they have no chance of winning any indy 2 ....check legit polls. Your claim that follows is meaningless...isnt this what you should be doing anyway.....or are you rubbing noses in the fact that the SNP have absolute power...whether we like it or not ???? ............Those of us that support the SNP and are members have been getting on with what I described. Selecting candidates for Westminster, getting them elected. We have had a selection process for candidates for holyrood constituencies and we are getting on with selections for list seat candidates. We have some by elections going on and in the meantime those in parliament have been getting on with the business of government. there has been much lobbying going on across a whole range of issues over the last year or more.....Good for you as thats what we would expect any party to do so what ! . SUpporters of parties not in power the same as supporters of parties in power have the democratic right to hold the governemt to account and to criticise..or in your brave new scotia is that now not allowed .........

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    So here we have a deliberate misrepresentation our esteemed SNP voice on the org claims its all about us who do not support independence keeping the topic alive, totally ignoring that at every turn we have Sturgeon, Salmond on a plethora of other SNP Elected Politicians on record espousing how something or other is a possible reason for Indy2.

If it wasn't for the SNP spokespeople keeping popping up with Media releases then the subject would be finished. How very atypical blame every one but yourselves.

How dare we the ordinary public have the temerity to discuss in public their statements and press releases. I suggest then if the SNP general party isn't intending Indy2 anytime soon it ceases and desists immediately constantly harping on about it every few days.

Sad reality is they can't let it slide and fade away even though they all know they have no hope of winning because as soon as that happens they cease to exist as a political force.
    Here here well put of course we keep the topic alive as they ( SNP ) talk about nowt else, absolute power ya see......yes they cannot let it slide as that will erode the hard core yes support and cause potential splits as well they know....do they honestly think that non SNP voters are stupid....and I repeat STurgeons words....we will only have a referendum if we are sure we can win........I dont wnat to go through the events of last september ever again........well on those grounds they wont be having any indy2 then

[QUOTE=rob murray;1130349]Here here well put of course we keep the topic alive as they ( SNP ) talk about nowt else, absolute power ya see......yes they cannot let it slide as that will erode the hard core yes support and cause potential splits as well they know....do they honestly think that non SNP voters are stupid....and I repeat STurgeons words....we will only have a referendum if we are sure we can win........I dont wnat to go through the events of last september ever again........well on those grounds they wont be having any indy2 then

I have been wondering how support for a second referendum might be ascertained and whether it would basically be on votes for the SNP in next year's Scottish elections. But then, folk may want to vote for the SNP (and a landslide win is predicted at present) because of their other policies but without necessarily wanting a second referendum so I do not think it would be clear cut. I also wondered whether there would even be a referendum about holding a second indy referendum as that would seem to me to be the only way that they could be sure people wanted one, irrespective of whether it is win-able or not. But I think that would be plain silly really so no further forward! I think it is more interesting just now to see how things will pan out with Labour and if Jeremy Corbyn does manage to pull something off (party unity for a start) and the new regime begins to work effectively, what kind of influence that may have in Scotland. Voters can be quite change-able and it would not surprise me at all if Labour does better than predicted against the odds as stranger things have certainly happened- and the election of Jeremy Corbyn was never even dreamed of just a few short months ago. Wish I had placed a bet when the odds were so 'good' back then!

Here here well put of course we keep the topic alive as they ( SNP ) talk about nowt else, absolute power ya see......yes they cannot let it slide as that will erode the hard core yes support and cause potential splits as well they know....do they honestly think that non SNP voters are stupid....and I repeat STurgeons words....we will only have a referendum if we are sure we can win........I dont wnat to go through the events of last september ever again........well on those grounds they wont be having any indy2 then

lets see - in the last few weeks alone we have had these threads started on Indyref 2

Joan Macalpine on Indy ref2
    Started by BetterTogether‎, 29-Jul-15 10:13

Referedum mark 2
    Salmon Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr programme, said the independance question was over the...
    Started by rob murray‎, 27-Jul-15 15:40

indy Ref 2 omission from SNP party conference agenda
    Started by BetterTogether‎, 04-Aug-15 23:08

Possible secondf referedum
    The SNP will set out the timescale for a possible second referendum on independence in its...
    Started by rob murray‎, 14-Sep-15 10:15

How Much More Damage To This Country (Scotland) Can The SNP Do?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-34234024 "Opposition parties accused Ms...
    Started by cptdodger‎, 13-Sep-15 12:42

Those threads were started by those opposed to Indyref 2 if i am not mistaken? And the only one to be started after an SNP press release was the latest one by CPT - this one - So it stands to reason that the only reason we are discussing indyref 2 on this board is because you guys want to - no one else is starting threads about it - not even Piratelassie. During the referendum campaign every single time Nicola Sturgeon was talking to press reporters she was asked about indyref 2 and she replied consistently all the way through as I have pointed out but until this week she has not put out any comment on when or if or how there will be indyref2.

The SNP is a party that believes in Independence for Scotland. That isnt going to change however as I have pointed out several times there is the business of everyday life to be getting on with as part of the UK and that is exactly what we will be doing.

Life moves on and people move on with it and whilst that doesn't mean they abandon their beliefs - it means other things take priority. Indyref2 may or may not happen - we shall have to see - it quite clearly is not a top priority for the SNP just now and its not a top priority for me either. You guys and your endless carping about it and then accusing me and others of not moving on is just nonsense.
    There are other much more pressing issues and its time you guys caught up. Trade union debate yesterday - labour MPs abstained - without those abstentions the bill would have been defeated! Child Poverty debate today, shall we see what happens? Welfare reforms, new powers for Scotland, so many issues and all of them important and yet you guys want to talk about an independence referendum that might or might not happen.

On ya go then - im off to get my hair done and nails done for the big party I am attending on 18th Spetember. Music, dancing, great food, great fun.

lets see - in the last few weeks alone we have had these threads started on Indyref 2

Joan Macalpine on Indy ref2
    Started by BetterTogether‎, 29-Jul-15 10:13

Referedum mark 2
    Salmon Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr programme, said the independance question was over the...
    Started by rob murray‎, 27-Jul-15 15:40

indy Ref 2 omission from SNP party conference agenda
    Started by BetterTogether‎, 04-Aug-15 23:08

Possible secondf referedum
    The SNP will set out the timescale for a possible second referendum on independence in its...
    Started by rob murray‎, 14-Sep-15 10:15

How Much More Damage To This Country (Scotland) Can The SNP Do?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-34234024 "Opposition parties accused Ms...
    Started by cptdodger‎, 13-Sep-15 12:42

Those threads were started by those opposed to Indyref 2 if i am not mistaken? And the only one to be started after an SNP press release was the latest one by CPT - this one - So it stands to reason that the only reason we are discussing indyref 2 on this board is because you guys want to - no one else is starting threads about it - not even Piratelassie. During the referendum campaign every single time Nicola Sturgeon was talking to press reporters she was asked about indyref 2 and she replied consistently all the way through as I have pointed out but until this week she has not put out any comment on when or if or how there will be indyref2.

The SNP is a party that believes in Independence for Scotland. That isnt going to change however as I have pointed out several times there is the business of everyday life to be getting on with as part of the UK and that is exactly what we will be doing.

Life moves on and people move on with it and whilst that doesn't mean they abandon their beliefs - it means other things take priority. Indyref2 may or may not happen - we shall have to see - it quite clearly is not a top priority for the SNP just now and its not a top priority for me either. You guys and your endless carping about it and then accusing me and others of not moving on is just nonsense.
    There are other much more pressing issues and its time you guys caught up. Trade union debate yesterday - labour MPs abstained - without those abstentions the bill would have been defeated! Child Poverty debate today, shall we see what happens? Welfare reforms, new powers for Scotland, so many issues and all of them important and yet you guys want to talk about an independence referendum that might or might not happen.

On ya go then - im off to get my hair done and nails done for the big party I am attending on 18th Spetember. Music, dancing, great food, great fun.
    Talk about moving the goal posts eh I will give you this your a master at it ! Thanks for the clarity on indy 2, as if we didnt know......orwellian double speak...its the SNP that have led the indy 2 stuff..... dont push it back on us........Also many thanks for the statement : "it quite clearly is not a top priority for the SNP just now" I hope all conned yes voters read your comment they have been led up the garden path by chancers then !!! What does it matter then on supposed new powers for Scotland....no matter what, the SNP will shout / raise the issue to grievance level but wont do nowt 100%... bet indy 2 threat will be raised though....keeps yur hard core yes suppolrt happy for the time being .UK issues on poverty / banking / capitalism ( as the agenda is wider than mere tinkering at the edges )....well we have to fully wait and see if the Labour party supports Corbyns line and its far to early to draw any meaningful conclusions at this stage. I take it your prefered nail colour is light blue tartan, ??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast