Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Much More Damage To This Country (Scotland) Can The SNP Do?

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Being from just outside Dundee, the Courier was my local paper, but that it quite interesting as The City Of Dundee voted Yes, thankfully where I grew up didn't, but that poll will not go down very well in Dundee - shame !

So he and the First Minister are happy to just pretend they didn't say " once in a lifetime " " once in a Generation " and play semantics with the English Language over its not a promise because I didn't say I promise or had my fingers crossed when I said it.

This is the child like ramblings of politicians who do not deserve to be in power they treat the electorate with contempt when they go back on their statements.

We now see how this has affected the political scene south of the border with political parties going through upheaval for the very same game the SNP are playing.

Which is simply taking the electorate for fools with insincerity and double talk.

One thing for certain their word is not to be trusted .
    From my point of view, Monaghan was just telling me what I wanted to hear to gain my vote. While as far as I'm concerned a second Referendum is dead in the water as Sturgeon said she would only go for it if that's what the "public" wanted, if she is going on the strength of polls, then good luck to her ! Health on the other hand is a real issue here, and I take offence that he just lied through his teeth to try to get my vote.

Hmmm, who is pretending? I don't know about Paul Monaghan but I'm not pretending Alex Salmond didn't say it and neither is anyone else. Alex Salmond certainly did say it, as I have clearly shown in the quote and in the video link. He did not, however, pledge or promise on behalf of the SNP or the Scottish Government. The only people who can decide if and when there is another referendum is actually us as you have just said CPT. You should therefore have nothing to worry about. After all, the Scottish people said No 12 months ago and as the SNP are, according to you and so many of BT's posts, failing miserably you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Ooooh, on health.... NHS highland are advertising for a new Chairperson. anyone who is interested should look and see if they want to apply. This is a chance perhaps to make things happen rather than feeling powerless to do anything. Details are here https://applications.appointed-for-s...dex=1&Number=9

I never said anybody was pretending.

I am not worried about another Referendum.

I am worried (as I have repeatedly said) about the damage they are doing to this country.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Hmmm, who is pretending? I don't know about Paul Monaghan but I'm not pretending Alex Salmond didn't say it and neither is anyone else. Alex Salmond certainly did say it, as I have clearly shown in the quote and in the video link. He did not, however, pledge or promise on behalf of the SNP or the Scottish Government. The only people who can decide if and when there is another referendum is actually us as you have just said CPT. You should therefore have nothing to worry about. After all, the Scottish people said No 12 months ago and as the SNP are, according to you and so many of BT's posts, failing miserably you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
    Squidge, Alex salmond was at the time those statements our first minister and leader of the SNP.Therefore anything he states on public record is the position of the SNP and their pledge.Don't you think that the potential £15m cost to the country and further divison is something to worry about, or perhaps the open loose morals of our SMP's?

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/pol...loser-1.899914

"Alex Salmond has sensationally U-turned on his promise that last year’s independence referendum was a once in a generation event."

Seems strange to me Salmond can be perceived to be doing a u turn, if he never said it in the first place ?

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

So what you're effectively saying is when Alex Salmond signed the Edinburgh agreement which bound him " to respect the outcome" he was signing on behalf of himself not on behalf of the SNP.

Whatever he said at anytime was never as a spokesperson for the SNP but as an individual.Well that's quite incredible does make you wonder now of anything we hear is actually on behalf of the SNP.

Maybe they have no become what they complained about so vigourusly for years just politicians trying to keep power by any means and that includes lying.

The one thing Squidge fails to mention when she sits there deriding any opposition is the cost to the public purse using money which could well be spent on other issues instead of wasting it on more political posturing.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 14-Sep-15 at 09:31.

I would take no notice on STurgeons latest utterings nor yesterdays man Salmon, facts are, that the situation hasnt changed one jot...definitive answers / plan b;'s outlined on the currency, the EU, economic developments / growth are not in place nor likely to be, also this morning on the radio ( scotland ) heard an intersting wee take by a politics professor, basically she says, yes the SNP are at a height, but a lack of consultation and involvement in the political process to ordinary citizens /the SNP's preferered option for tight centralised control, plus delays in progressing indy ref 2 ( they cant progress this seriously until the big issues are answered ) will invariable erode their support as people, diehards in particluar wull get fed up...splits ?? ) . STurgeon has to "manage expectations"...if she stuck indy 2 in 2016 SNP manifesto and gains the epected huge majority, she knows she wont win a re run of an indy vote, she will only be prepared to advocate indy 2 when she knows she can win and she can deliver the goods ( there is a difference ...whats the point in having independance in a Scotland with the big issues unasnwered...she would have to fix the mess....and she / they dont want that ) another defeat will finish it.

You know who is pretending.....you know that indy 2 cannot happen until sturgeons knows she can win.....and she cant until the big issues remain answered and she is sure of polls...which is not the case......so the pretence is now and again shake out indy 2, keep the yes vote happy / manage their expectations but there is only so much time she can be allowed before people see the issues for what it is ...a pretence. Politics is based around dialtical materialsm, it doesnt matter what Salmond did or did not say... the stick has many bends.....

I agree Rob.Sturgeon is walking a political tight rope she has no new answers to any of the big difficult to answer questions. If she fails to make Indy 2 look somewhere on the horizon she loses followers. If she goes for Indy2 in the near future she is in for the drubbing of her life. Whichever way she turns the SNP are now between a rock and a hard place. A referendum they can't win or normal politics and return to the minor party status. Once Indy is removed from their voters vision they will start to notice the cracks in the walls on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    I would take no notice on STurgeons latest utterings nor yesterdays man Salmon, facts are, that the situation hasnt changed one jot...definitive answers / plan b;'s outlined on the currency, the EU, economic developments / growth are not in place nor likely to be, also this morning on the radio ( scotland ) heard an intersting wee take by a politics professor, basically she says, yes the SNP are at a height, but a lack of consultation and involvement in the political process to ordinary citizens /the SNP's preferered option for tight centralised control, plus delays in progressing indy ref 2 ( they cant progress this seriously until the big issues are answered ) will invariable erode their support as people, diehards in particluar wull get fed up...splits ?? ) . STurgeon has to "manage expectations"...if she stuck indy 2 in 2016 SNP manifesto and gains the epected huge majority, she knows she wont win a re run of an indy vote, she will only be prepared to advocate indy 2 when she knows she can win and she can deliver the goods ( there is a difference ...whats the point in having independance in a Scotland with the big issues unasnwered...she would have to fix the mess....and she / they dont want that ) another defeat will finish it.
    While I agree with you, it's Sturgeons and now Salmonds utterings that are enforcing the fact Scotland is now very much a divided Country. After the Referendum were measures not supposed to be taken to reunite the Country? All they are doing is continuously fanning the independence flames.

Mind you, if the SNP stop waving this stick with a carrot on the end of it, how may yes voters will vote for them ?

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    While I agree with you, it's Sturgeons and now Salmonds utterings that are enforcing the fact Scotland is now very much a divided Country. After the Referendum were measures not supposed to be taken to reunite the Country? All they are doing is continuously fanning the independence flames.
    Yep but name me one politician that hasnt gone back on what theye say / said....its the art of politics / the dynamics of politics,.....the .reality is Sturgeon knows that a large part of "her support" voted SNP to deliver independance...she has to manage their expatations...imagine what would happen if she came clean today...ie currency, EU economy.......we need time to get our plans together ( blame westminster once again, buy more time etc ) how many people would give her the "time"...she needs at least 2 succesful parliaments and a consistent yes % over no's in polls, and an economy that can deliver, before she can make her move.......Once the referendum was taken it split the country and it will take generations before, if ever, we are united.....

Yep but name me one politician that hasnt gone back on what theye say / said....
    I couldn't, even if I tried I can't think of one. While Political Parties come and go in power, there is only one that has threatened my nationality and that is the SNP. So while Sturgeon is just another run of the mill politician, no worse and by no far the better than the next politician she and her party can do me most harm.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    I couldn't, even if I tried I can't think of one. While Political Parties come and go in power, there is only one that has threatened my nationality and that is the SNP. So while Sturgeon is just another run of the mill politician, no worse and by no far the better than the next politician she and her party can do me most harm.
    But they wont as they cant !

But they wont as they cant !
    I admit I was naive enough to think everything would go back to "normal" on the 19th of September 2014, how wrong I was. I stayed up all the previous night just to make sure we (the no voters) had won. I thought it was because I was tired, but I could not understand why Cameron was standing there saying they would give Holyrood this power and that power, why? they lost.

Thought you'd enjoy this a little Tweet Capture between Sunny Hundal and the First Minister

Thought you'd enjoy this a little Tweet Capture between Sunny Hundal and the First Minister
    STuregeon..."if labour cant quickly show that they have a credible chance of winning the UK election many will convlude that indy is only alternative to Tory government...right away following the tory media line...Corbyn = no chance.....these tweets exposes sturgeons agenda...the SNP are not interested in participating in the anti austerity agenda / coalition....there agenda is indy 2.....but sturgeon is really contradicting herself all over the shop, and out of her depth....compare these statements and TV interview utterances over sunday with recent releases....SNP manifesto to reveal possible second referendum timetable / maybes aye maybe no / could./ depenednat on circustances etc etc ...hold a referedum only when sure she would win....... thats the agenda and it will take a long time to be , if ever in that position....so anti austerity party.....she's having a laugh, is she now saying that the SNP have more in common with the tories than Labour as Corbyns pledges ... in particular real anti poverty measures through quantative easing are way to the left of any SNP utterances.

All they are doing is putting in the manifesto the commitment to an Independent Scotland - hardly a surprise even to you CPT.

As far as a 2nd referendum is concerned I understand the manifesto will outline the situations in which a 2nd referendum might be possible and how it will come about if the circumstances arise. Given that this is the case, then you will have clarity about the issue that so many of you have been demanding and stamping your feet about for ages whilst the rest of us have been busy getting on with selecting candidates, winning seats, implementing legislation and lobbying on a variety of policies.

Oh and you didn't mishear CPT - you were misled - by the press because it suited them to have you think that is what was said when it wasn't. It's really annoying when they do that isn't it.
    You forgot to mention : First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she would only hold another referendum if she was confident she would win......what has......"the rest of us have been busy getting on with selecting candidates, winning seats, implementing legislation and lobbying on a variety of policies".....who is "us" and what has this got to do with anything ? As for stamping your feet about for ages.....well................

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast