Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your view on proposed legislation

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Ah, but will there be one for you, BT, that is the question? One that transforms you into a 'touchy-feely' lovable person who cannot do enough for his fellow humans, perhaps? Now, that really would be something to celebrate!

Now what on earth makes you think a Misanthropic Nihilist like myself feels any requirement to get touchy-feely with humanity.

On the whole I find the Human Race a constant source of enduring disappointment.

Especially the modern naive politically correct types.

With reference to the post though one thing guaranteed in life is death it's pretty unavoidable and maybe people should start learning to accept this somewhat harsh reality instead of looking toward modern medicine for more and more Frankenstein cures to extend life.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 12-Sep-15 at 17:11.

I just find your comments so truly sad, BT. It is in complete contrast to my own experience as I meet so many 'ordinary' yet truly inspirational people and, to pick up on your remark, we were all naive once, even you and it is not wrong to be so.
    For me, there is absolute joy in every day that is granted to me and no fear about the inevitable end, just a desire to make the most of life and not waste the time that is granted.
    I speak as one who has a condition that could claim my life too but I think that I have lived a better life since I found out about it.
    I hope that you do have those you love and who love you anyway and mean that most sincerely.

Being Naive when you're young is fine and dandy but the reality is most people are totally self obsessed with average modern day consumerist non exsistence. We all have a condition that could claim our lives it's called living once you learn to accept that death is profoundly inevitable then what's there to worry about. The fact you claim to have lived a better life since finding out something shows that you consider your life beforehand less than satisfactory. My life has been as it is I've been quite happy with it all the way through I eat well, sleep soundly and have ensured that my family are provided for what more could I want for.

I speak as one who has a condition that could claim my life too but I think that I have lived a better life since I found out about it.
    I wish I could say the same, my health has got a whole lot worse since my diagnosis due to GP's and Consultants constantly trying to "fix" me. With the exception of a bad back, I was fine until they found out what was wrong with me, which was a fluke as it was a through a random blood test.

No, there you go again BT, putting meanings in where none were intended- something you often say that others do. What I said does not imply that I have been less than satisfied with my life and the way it has run its course. I've had a brilliant life without all the materialistic and acquisitive attributes that you ascribe to others . What I meant was that knowing that an illness might become terminal means that you appreciate your life even more- and lots of people find that out too. Believe me, it is different to knowing that you are just going to die at some future nebulous time. Probably the biggest change is that you do a lot less procrastinating and get on with things while you still can!

I've been on the table twice with injuries that would of been fatal had the surgeon not rectified the wounds please don't be sanctimonious and lecture me on near death experiences in can assure you I've been quite close enough to death to know its face all the pious waffling is really you struggling to deal with mortality and it's harsh reality.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    I've been on the table twice with injuries that would of been fatal had the surgeon not rectified the wounds please don't be sanctimonious and lecture me on near death experiences in can assure you I've been quite close enough to death to know its face all the pious waffling is really you struggling to deal with mortality and it's harsh reality.
    Garbage on all counts, I'm afraid. No struggle in me- I've got Faith, remember! Something you don't like as I recall! Oh, and I would not wish what I have on anybody and if you want to childishly trade in surgical experiences then I am more than a match for you!

Garbage on all counts, I'm afraid. No struggle in me- I've got Faith, remember! Something you don't like as I recall! Oh, and I would not wish what I have on anybody and if you want to childishly trade in surgical experiences then I am more than a match for you!
    It's not I dislike religion but I don't give it anymore credence than fairy tales.

Simple if you wish to believe in some mysterious being up in the nowhere that no ones ever seen spoken to or done anything except made up stories about that's fine by me .

But in the meantime what you religious types could do is give some respect to others instead of parking wherever you want around churches on Sunday's and creating hazards for others to deal with.

That's a bit more practical eh.

Difference between my surgical experiences and your is I suspect quite vast yours probably being some kind of genetic malfunction along the line your body has broken down.

Mine serving this country keeping you safe and cozy in your bed at night from all those nasty people out there who don't follow your religion or respect your views opinions or anything about you.

Vive le Difference eh !

?...knowing that an illness might become terminal means that you appreciate your life even more- and lots of people find that out too. Believe me, it is different to knowing that you are just going to die at some future nebulous time. Probably the biggest change is that you do a lot less procrastinating and get on with things while you still can!
    It's at that time that many people think about the way they want to die. A good death should be something that all health services should work towards. There are a few projects going on at the moment looking at how that can happen. There were some "death cafes" happening around Scotland, these don't serve up food poisoning or anything lol, but they encourage conversations about death at a time that isn't vital or emotional. They have a menu for food and a menu for conversation subjects too. They have been quite well received I believe, although I haven't been to one myself.

'But in the meantime what you religious types could do is give some respect to others instead of parking wherever you want around churches on Sunday's and creating hazards for others to deal with'.

Oh dear, oh dear!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123