Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thurso cinema closed

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    Eden court is a community arts venue. Theatre. Opera. That sort of things.

Arts that have traditionally received funding.

I would guess that is the difference.
    My understanding is that the "arts"performances and functions screened at the Thurso Picture house were always well attended. e.g. National Opera and Ballet performances.By that token should the picture house not receive sustained funding paid for from our council tax contributions. Or maybe the "Spirit of Caithness" project could fork out some cash

Quote Originally Posted by neilsermk1 View Post
    My understanding is that the "arts"performances and functions screened at the Thurso Picture house were always well attended. e.g. National Opera and Ballet performances.By that token should the picture house not receive sustained funding paid for from our council tax contributions. Or maybe the "Spirit of Caithness" project could fork out some cash
    Perhaps it should.

But I would say there is a difference there in that the arts were 'screened' in Thurso as opposed to 'performed' in Eden Court.

Whether that would influence any decision on funding, I don't know.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

How many of these shows were screened?

Not sure of the number in total, but the published programme showed quite a number each month

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12