Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Also Today

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

I think you'll find the amount of refugees/ economic migrants will diminish rather rapidly now their routes into the EU are being blocked. Far better encouraging them to go to the correct places and try gaining legitimate refugee status than supporting people trying to illegally force their way across borders.

Official UN figures show that the gender demographic of Syrian refugees is broadly 50%-50% male/female.

http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Very good Rheg but that only deal with those in camps being processed and does not include those crossing borders to try gain access to Europe

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Very good Rheg but that only deal with those in camps being processed and does not include those crossing borders to try gain access to Europe
    What are the official figures on those?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    What are the official figures on those?
    Is there official figures for those that are coming on boats, lorries and so on? I heard on the news the authorities in Hungary (I believe) are trying to get everybody registered, but they have to get there first.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    Is there official figures for those that are coming on boats, lorries and so on? I heard on the news the authorities in Hungary (I believe) are trying to get everybody registered, but they have to get there first.
    I doubt it, so what is the basis for the assertion that migrants are mainly young men? Without proper records then we can't make any conclusions. We cannot rely on eyewitness accounts because 'bias' only allows the witness to see what they want to see.

so what is the basis for the assertion that migrants are mainly young men?
    I have no idea, I don't believe I said they were.

Meanwhile fences are being erected around the Borders of Europe, Borders are being closed and patience is wearing thin as the riots and violence begin to escalate.

The EU itself is starting to unravel as they show themselves unable to deal with real crisis.

The way things are going we won't require a referendum to decide if we stay in or leave it will just disintegrate before our eyes.

Also today refugees / migrants get to Finland but decide it's too cold and to boring and head off elsewhere.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015...nts-turn-back/

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Yes i know - you told me - several times - and I am truly sorry that you had such awful experiences.

However Aylan Kurdi was still three years old and he died in the cold sea because the EU cant get its act together to do what is right. Glad to see that Hungary is allowing the refugees to move on and get to a place where they are to be welcomed.
    Of course it's a tragedy when anyone dies in such circumstances - but I was horrified to just discover that the father of Aylan Kurdi, the Syrian toddler whose drowning shocked the world last year, went on trial on Thursday along with two alleged people smugglers accused of causing the death of migrants, being accused of being an organiser of the smuggling..
    http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-tries-p...103518964.html
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

I doubt it, so what is the basis for the assertion that migrants are mainly young men? Without proper records then we can't make any conclusions. We cannot rely on eyewitness accounts because 'bias' only allows the witness to see what they want to see.
    just a quick one: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...sis-men-213500 good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    So you've established that there are more youmg men probably coming from countries like north Africa, Syria and Afghanistan. Is that a surprise? Are supposed to be prejudiced against young men now? What do you think that is down to anyway? If women had the social freedoms in those countries as do men, do you think there would be more equal numbers in gender?

I would be more concerned for them now as it strikes me that women who are arguably more vulnerable are disproportionately left to defend themselves in war zones.

Official figures of Syrian refugees say about 50:50 http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php
    Last edited by Rheghead; 22-Mar-16 at 20:02.

I was merely answering your statement, yes it is a pity that these young fit healthy young men did not stay in Syria to fight for their country (let alone their wives) Interesting documentary the other night watching Kurdish women and a warehouse manager from Warrington and many others doing their fighting for them!.. but then, having large experiences beyond your imagination, I'd better leave this to the Chattering Classes me thinks, and head to temporary pastures south for a couple of weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    I was merely answering your statement, yes it is a pity that these young fit healthy young men did not stay in Syria to fight for their country (let alone their wives) Interesting documentary the other night watching Kurdish women and a warehouse manager from Warrington and many others doing their fighting for them!.. but then, having large experiences beyond your imagination, I'd better leave this to the Chattering Classes me thinks, and head to temporary pastures south for a couple of weeks..
    You didn't comment on the UNHCR figures that show the Syrian refugees are broadly 50:50 male/female or does that not suit your bias?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213