Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Also Today

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Default Also Today

Today in Hungary

His name was Aylan Kurdi and he was 3 years old

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Today in Hungary
    I feel so sorry for the Hungarians, they are just trying to get on with their lives.

But can't bring yourself to express sympathy for a dead baby?

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    But can't bring yourself to express sympathy for a dead baby?
    Of course I can just as much as I can have sympathy for every other human life lost today or are we saying this one child is exceptional above all others ?

do I try and make political capital out of it.

NO

because I have some respect for the dignity of others and don't try and single out individual cases to try score a cheap point.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 03-Sep-15 at 09:27.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    I feel so sorry for the Hungarians, they are just trying to get on with their lives.
    It's not just Hungary that's under siege though ! It does sicken me seeing these people forming up and demanding entry as though it is a God given right to effectively invade another country.

Oh its not a cheap political point Better Together - its not cheap at all - it costs lives. Thousands of them. There is no more EXPENSIVE political point than that.

Ok Squidge now go troll your own thread eh you've started a thread about what your trying to force onto this one now.

Unfortunately for you no one has of yet chosen to comment on it so please respect the forum rules and try not to troll a separate thread on a completely different issue with your own agenda.

It's not just Hungary that's under siege though ! It does sicken me seeing these people forming up and demanding entry as though it is a God given right to effectively invade another country.
    Oh I know, I was just responding to that particular picture. A friend of mine driving his lorry through Calais the other day, was punched and kicked trying to stop migrants breaking into his friends lorry in front of him, with a cracked skull, two broken ribs and various other injuries he had no choice but to keep driving. So I know it's not just Hungary.

Ok Squidge now go troll your own thread eh you've started a thread about what your trying to force onto this one now.

Unfortunately for you no one has of yet chosen to comment on it so please respect the forum rules and try not to troll a separate thread on a completely different issue with your own agenda.
    You really need to look in the mirror more BT.

meanwhile

His name was Aylan Kurdi and he was THREE YEARS OLD.

Damn right im trolling

I'm pretty sure if we were to be shown reports from each entry point into Europe the situation wouldn't be much different anywhere. You can have every sympathy with those genuinely seeking asylum but Mr Cameron quite rightly States the solution is solving the cause of the problem not the effects.

You really need to look in the mirror more BT. meanwhile His name was Aylan Kurdi and he was THREE YEARS OLD. Damn right im trolling

Nice to see you openly admit that you are quite deliberately breaking the forum rules I now hope that a moderator will take appropriate action.

I look in the mirror frequently but I don't see how I am responsible for the death of one child so will you kindly refrain from the harassment.

I'm pretty sure if we were to be shown reports from each entry point into Europe the situation wouldn't be much different anywhere. You can have every sympathy with those genuinely seeking asylum but Mr Cameron quite rightly States the solution is solving the cause of the problem not the effects.
    Camerons qoute is on BBC News whats also on the same article that this qoute is drawn from is : "Only the hardest of hearts would not be moved by the latest images of the people who have been caught up in the danger and chaos of this mass movement.Images of a toddler, washed up on a beach in Turkey, ram home the sometimes deadly consequences of what is going on".

This says it all and will be my only contribution to this thread.

His brother died too - oh and more than 2500 others - they were refugees too - isnt this a thread about refugees?

No one is denying that the death of any indvidual is a tragic thing but to get diverted from the greater picture doesn't resolve the issue.

You really don't need to lecture me on what death looks like Squidge unlike yourself I've seen plenty of the inhumanity mankind inflicts upon itself.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 03-Sep-15 at 10:03.

Yes i know - you told me - several times - and I am truly sorry that you had such awful experiences.

However Aylan Kurdi was still three years old and he died in the cold sea because the EU cant get its act together to do what is right. Glad to see that Hungary is allowing the refugees to move on and get to a place where they are to be welcomed.

Yes i know - you told me - several times - and I am truly sorry that you had such awful experiences. However Aylan Kurdi was still three years old and he died in the cold sea because the EU cant get its act together to do what is right. Glad to see that Hungary is allowing the refugees to move on and get to a place where they are to be welcomed.
    Obviously you have no clue about PTSD you just carry on.

Obviously you have no clue about PTSD you just carry on.
    Dear me, that's an awful thing you suffer from, I hope you are getting the help and support you deserve. Too many people come out the Armed Forces and are basically left by the wayside, which in itself is a crime after fighting for your country.

Let's look at this pragmatically. Aylan Kurdi died before he ever reached Europe a journey undertaken by his parents many things it may be the fault of the regime in the country they where fleeing , the people traffickers who where paid to transport them. But it is not the fault of any person living within Europes. You can have all the sympathy with the situation you like but it happened not because of anything Europe is or isn't doing.

I am truly sorry that you had such awful experiences. Many refugees suffer with PTSD too.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast