Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good news

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

I do believe Ms Sturgeon alluded to another 10yrs in power and all manner of other things in her latest speech but no mention of another referendum. We also have to accept its not up for discussion at the party conference due shortly. So given the evidence in front of us I think Squidge is just grabbing a random number out of the air.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    I do believe Ms Sturgeon alluded to another 10yrs in power and all manner of other things in her latest speech but no mention of another referendum. We also have to accept its not up for discussion at the party conference due shortly. So given the evidence in front of us I think Squidge is just grabbing a random number out of the air.
    Aye...its either that or wishful thinking or she's at the wind up lol lol

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Well as I can't find any evidence in official SNP sources or recent speeches by the First Minister it could be wishful thinking, maybe she is party to secret meetings with the First Minister like Rupert Murdoch has in New York recently, perhaps she is part of the official SNP think tank making policy to which the rest of us mere mortals are not privileged to hear.

But in reality I think the latter is probably nearer the mark.

Those of a less generous nature than myself might suggest possibly the medication needs adjusting to stop these delusions.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 03-Sep-15 at 13:29.

Tend to agree with you, its best to go to the horses mouth ie listen directly to STurgeon and avoid any press interpretations on what she is saying, comming direct from her mouth as heard on radio TV, eg she freely admits that they, the SNP, have horsed up education and allowed an income based attainment gap to occur, she also stated a 2 term government strategy, although she has not stated that indy2 is of the agenda, she has clearly changed her narrative as she avoids any reference to indy 2. ALthoguh she hasnt mentioned NHS mis management, she doesnt need to as 100% of medical professionals know that theyve horsed that up to. So education and NHS will be subject to changes going forward. As for police scotland again she wont admit to SNP failings on this prefering a "review" into operations ie hands off government...wisnae oor fault but we are concerned so need a review ! Swinney...I always rated and I suspect that he is the power behind the throne, he knows in economic terms what lies ahead is very very challenging hence he has also stopped refering to indy 2. If they admit publically indy2 is of the agenda until the mess is sorted and Scotland has an economy which can make its way in the world then they both know that their party will be under attack from disilllusioned yessers...so they have to pretend ( mostly through westminster annoyance / creating tension tactics ) that its still on. Given the complete ineptitude of other mainstream parties the irony is that they will get away with this strategy. Squidge....is at the wind up lol lol lol

Rob why on earth would i know the date of the next referendum lol.

but 2020 seems a nice date

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Rob why on earth would i know the date of the next referendum lol.

but 2020 seems a nice date
    Cos you lunch with Alexi..............lol lol lol knew you were at the wind up....good one... injecting a bit of banter

yeah he is coming for dinner tonight - want to join us?

yeah he is coming for dinner tonight - want to join us?
    Fit....fat Alecy will scoff all the scrawn afore I get there..... they'll be none left lol lol lol

lol fat people have manners too you know..... il save you the best bits sweetie

lol fat people have manners too you know..... il save you the best bits sweetie
    WHats on the menu ?

Pot roast - Brisket, roast tatties, Yorkshires carrots leeks, home made fruit salad for dessert

Pot roast - Brisket, roast tatties, Yorkshires carrots leeks, home made fruit salad for dessert
    SOunds like my kinda night !! Good old fashioned no nonsense grub !....a bottle or 2 of red as well ??

absolutely

absolutely
    AFter 2 glasses I would be rather "agitated" ..........lol lol

I don't see Westminster sanctioning another referendum on Scottish independence anytime soon.The electorate have already spoken on the matter, and they spoke rather decisively.Cetainly no the close call some expected.

Dream on !!! Redsnapper.

Quote Originally Posted by roshep View Post
    Dream on !!! Redsnapper.
    If you mean large scale anticpated gains in next years elections.......unfortunatly I would have to agree with redsnapper

I thought you held your own very well last night Rob. Alec took your points on the chin I thought. You are right though, you should have stopped at 2 glasses, I really thought standing on the table to make your point was a wee bit of an over reaction lol

I thought you held your own very well last night Rob. Alec took your points on the chin I thought. You are right though, you should have stopped at 2 glasses, I really thought standing on the table to make your point was a wee bit of an over reaction lol
    lol lol lol ....youve got me in a oner..............................3 glasses and boom boom

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Cheers ! I try to be open minded and my view is Sturgeon and Swinney ( both immeasurably more competent than Salmon ) wont go for an early indy2 as the timing isnt right as we are not in to good a shape, they need time to develop and build the economy as everything flows from this, as I said, in the short term its off, and long term it all depends on the unforeseen Black Swans and how the country copes with these. Either Squidge is at the wind up ( indy 2 in 2020 ) or if thats true then the SNP government have 4 years to produce economic results which is far to little time.
    Suspect squidge is probably thinking that there will not be a time scale for another referendum fixed in the manifesto for the 2016 Parliament,(though I think maybe an "indyref#2 when the time is right" statement wouldn't hurt) but if things carry on as they are here in the UK, and I see little sign that they won't, there will probably be one in the 2020 manifesto. I, personally, hope it won't come before then, because we do need the four years and more to have workable plan Bs for everything, so Westminster can't implement Project Fear again. Last time we were asked, in the YES shop in my area, more questions than we had definitive answers for.....so now we know the questions, we have to provide clear answers....or as clear as answers, on economic matters in particular, can ever be. I only hope that in the next few years, they consult not just the politicians, party members and paid pundits, but also those who knocked on doors and manned the YES hubs and know, first hand, that the questions answered in the Q&A on the last White Paper were not the kinds of questions that most punters were asking.

I must admit, I never thought we would win last time, not even when that single poll put us ahead, and FB was exploding with optimism. I always thought that, even without the VOW, in the end, it would come down to confidence in our own abilities, plus the fear factor, which appears to be the only UK government propaganda used nowadays....and that those who were not convinced in either direction by then, would be more likely to vote for the devil they knew. I was, however, pleasantly surprised at the undecideds who came in after voting to say they had voted YES when it came to the crunch.......but obviously more took what they considered the safer option.
    Last edited by Oddquine; 05-Sep-15 at 12:33.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast