I have a Mary MacRorrie born 1804 at Perth. Daughter of Alexander MacRorrie, soldier in the Perthshire Militia and Elizabeth Geddes. Alexander married Elizabeth May 31, 1803 at Perth. On their marriage certificate it says Elizabeth Geddes is the daughter of the late Andrew, labourer. I could find only one other child born to Alexander and Elizabeth, a daughter, Elizabeth MacRorrie b. 1808 in Perth. On a search for OPR records I found only one Elizabeth born to an Andrew Geddes. Baptism was September 1758. Record says, "Andrew Geddes in Occumster had a child baptised named Elizabeth. Witnesses James Sutherland in Roster and John Geddes in Occumster". I could find 8 other children of Andrew. Helen b.1755, David b. 1756, James b. 1761, Marjory b. 1762, William b. 1764, Jean b. 1769, John b. 1773, Henrita b. 1778. All born at Occumster or Mid Clyth in Latheron Parish. No mother is listed in any of the records. Wondered if anyone has any of these Latheron Geddes in their family tree? I am unsure if my Elizabeth Geddes is the daughter of this Andrew from Occumster and am trying to establish this connection. Also, does anyone have any insight regards whether the baptism witnesses are likely always family members during this period of time or is it possible James Sutherland was a family friend etc. ? Thanks in advance.