Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bus shelter

Default Bus shelter

Is the bus shelter in south road wick ,the only one in Scotland to be built in a cemetery who give permission for this to happen

Whose permission is needed?

they were dead right to give it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam 2000 View Post
    they were dead right to give it.
    Does this cause you grave concern?

no, i will not morn about it.

aye ye'll need to watch out for the bus inspectres

atleast its in e dead centre of town

All in all, it's just another brick in the wall. Clever thinking by someone that worked out that its cheaper to stick a bus shelter in a gap caused by a fallen down wall than it is to rebuild it.( or resurrect it )
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I did hear of someone who objected saying, 'only over my dead body' but look what happened anyway.

Aye it was a dead cert that this post would be a dead end. I think that tattie man was upset that the said bus stop is built on top of family graves.

maybe tattie man had a chip on his shoulder.

I think its a bloody disgrace building it there and for all your petty jokes is even worse. bet if it was your reletives graves you wouldn't be so cocky.You Childish ####s.

Quote Originally Posted by dontstop View Post
    I think its a bloody disgrace building it there and for all your petty jokes is even worse. bet if it was your reletives graves you wouldn't be so cocky.You Childish ####s.
    Tell us all about these sadly missed relatives of yours, now held down by the bus shelter.

Don't shroud them in mystery.

I think it's disrespectful
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I think that it is a great deal more disrespectful and shocking when graves are deliberately vandalised and that is not un-heard of, is it. Grave yards are public spaces at the end of the day and I am quite certain that the bus shelter has not been built over any actual graves as otherwise there would rightly have been an outcry. The people using the bus shelter are probably only concerned with catching their bus, nothing more than that so where is the disrespect?
    As for the humour, well there is a long history of black humour in this country and most folk go along with that. It can be very distasteful to some but I don't think that what is on here comes into that category, it is just banter and not intended to offend anyone.

From what I am aware there was a request submitted by one of the community councils ( Lybster Latheron I think but Im not sure ) for a bus shelter to enable those wishing to catch the bus South to wait without having the rain pouring down on them as it frequently does in Caithness.
    The paths are such that to put a shelter up would cause an obstruction. Given that the wall was down, there are no graves behind that area just a grass area, where is the harm in placing a bus shelter off the path and rebuilding the wall around the back of the shelter. No graves touched, wall rebuilt, a small piece of unused ground from the old cemetery being put into use, many passengers heading home with their shopping sitting on the bus in dry clothes. Win win situation all round I would have said.

Anyone who stands in it will be besieged by zombies.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    From what I am aware there was a request submitted by one of the community councils ( Lybster Latheron I think but Im not sure ) for a bus shelter to enable those wishing to catch the bus South to wait without having the rain pouring down on them as it frequently does in Caithness.
    The paths are such that to put a shelter up would cause an obstruction. Given that the wall was down, there are no graves behind that area just a grass area, where is the harm in placing a bus shelter off the path and rebuilding the wall around the back of the shelter. No graves touched, wall rebuilt, a small piece of unused ground from the old cemetery being put into use, many passengers heading home with their shopping sitting on the bus in dry clothes. Win win situation all round I would have said.
    Spot on Alice. The voice of reason at last.

great for your views sids, and fulmar, its great to have a bit of banter , this is a forum for all sorts

This is the best post I've read on here for ages! Thank-you everyone, really cheered me up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast