Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: car insurance & penilty points

Default car insurance & penilty points

could someone tell me -- if u get points, do you need to let your insurance know right away or is it when it gets
    renewed????
    jac

Best to be done right away,just incase.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Default tell them immediately

Pal got 3 points for speeding did not think to tell insurance, collision 3 weeks later, would not pay out as not told of points - vehicle a write off, expensive cost to speeding. 28 years driving, first time caught speeding and first collision.

did they pay out for the 3rd party damages?

The other car only had a broken light!
    Elderly person backing vehicle onto main road (with no view!! and no assistance!) and in between two cars too, that is what elderly person says always does and traffic stops to allow him out.
    Pal hit elderly persons car then hit strainer on fence across the road.
    Pal said it was lucky it was the family second car, would have disliked it if it was the new family car.
    Elderly person paid for their own damage.

Should ban old phogies from driving.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Read the T & C's of your insurance, some have it as if you do not report points on licence then your insurance is null and void. This then could be a crominal offense. So Beware and report, better to be safe than sorry.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

and perhaps people who choose to denigrate senior citizens should learn how to spell simple words -- phogies ???- . A recent survey indicated that --- etc

You must by law tell the insurance company of ANY changes ,if not your policy will not cover you. You must also ensure your car is in a roadworthy condition, even if you have a bald tyre at the time of the accident it will invalidate your insurance. I was an insurance man for years and hold a FSA/ FCA licence. Failure to inform or ignorance will not go down well. So beware!
    Last edited by dozy; 21-Aug-15 at 11:19.