Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Two flights

Default Two flights

Two air flights to Tenerife next month from Glasgow with extra baggage and extra leg room, returns. Can't go but can't cancel or get a refund
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

What dates?
    Live the Life

8th sept depart Glasgow. I'll find out the details when I get homeOutbound 8 sept 15.55 depart GlasgowArrive Tenerife 20.30Depart Tenerife 22.10 Friday 18 SeptemberArrive Glasgow 02.40Thomson airways. Tickets can have name changed for £90 look at thomsons web site 20kg baggage each and extra seat space.I paid £809.84 but will sell at a big discountCan't change ticket as I don't have a valid reason for insurance my hotel booked two weeks later so I ordered wrong dates for flights
    Last edited by Fran; 18-Aug-15 at 21:40.

Are you sure these flights are transferable? Normally, if a flight is not flexible/refundable it is also non-transferable.

It's maybe an idea to have a look at your travel insurance. Perhaps the reason you can not take the flights is covered, you can claim money back that way.

Best of luck.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Depending on the Airline it can be more expensive to make a Name Change on a Ticket than it is to buy a New one. Watchdog have reported this on several occasions. So you may have a bit of a problem as if anyone else uses the tickets he name/s must be match the name/s in the Passport/s.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Depending on the Airline it can be more expensive to make a Name Change on a Ticket than it is to buy a New one. Watchdog have reported this on several occasions. So you may have a bit of a problem as if anyone else uses the tickets he name/s must be match the name/s in the Passport/s.
    Cheaper to change your name by deed poll then apply for new passport.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Would it be easier and cheaper for you to change your hotel reservation?

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    We hadn't booked a hotel.

In your OP you said that your hotel was booked two weeks later so you ordered wrong dates for flights.
    Everyone's a critic ...............

Yes and we can't change the flights. We booked the hotel with no deposit so no loss there. My partner got the dates wrong,