Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dvd problem

Default Dvd problem

The disk drawer on my dvd player is stuck and refuses to open. When I press open there is a strange clicking sound from in side. Does anyone know what the problem might be or anyone who could sort it? It is a Panasonic dvd video recorder model a few years old but normally works good.

Bonami,

Have you tried the old trick of sticking a paper clip into the tiny hole in the drive tray, which should cause a manual eject?
    If that doesn't work stick full model name + disc stuck into a Google search and that should provide a key sequence for a manual eject.

HTH - Charlie

Thanks Charlie but there Is no disc stuck In the machine. Drawer just wont open by the sound I think something must be broken or worn. Will try google search.

have you a tiny hole In the front of the tray that a straightened paper clip can be pushed Into?

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

No had a look but cant see no hole anywhere round the drawer. Think by the type off sound that comes from It there must be something worn maybe one of the small pinion wheels. After the clicking noises It goes Into a self check mode then switches It self off.

if you want me to have a look at it im in wick
    send me a PM

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs