Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Was Scottish Saville Ignored

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Default Was Scottish Saville Ignored

Can't believe this one appears to have been covered up.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488...Savile-ignored

Aye all swept under the carpet but there is a big difference those in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are now being investigated.

This is from the article: “The SNP now stand alone in their refusal to implement a full and proper inquiry into instances of historic child abuse. The Scottish Government must finally agree to reassess their stance and bring forward proposals to answer the demands for justice from survivors."

Can anyone give one good reason why paedophiles in Scotland should not be investigated just as thoroughly as they now are everywhere else in the UK or is it a case of burying your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't happen. Or maybe there's a paedophile ring in Scotland of rich powerful people protecting each other.

Surely the SNP should act without any further delays to implement a full enquiry and prosecute those alive that are responsible and give some justice to those who have suffered this vile abuse.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 03-Aug-15 at 20:24.

If there is a current powerful Paedophiles ring in Scotland perhaps the Government are investigating but not telling so it doesn't have a chance to disappear. In England they may well be investigating old rings where the powerful were involved but are now safe from jail as they are dead. This allows current powerful rings to carry on only to be investigated in 20 plus years when those involved who are in positions of power will be dead and gone. Only a thought!

So the gangs being brought to justice now aren't historic cases in England, maybe you've been living in a parallel universe. You may well be right an undercover team may well be working on current cases, but that does nothing to uncover the historic cases so once again why are the SNP doing nothing are they and maybe those who support them covering some thing up ?

How far do the Scottish Paedophile rings and their supporters go ?
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 04-Aug-15 at 09:38.

I have been living in your racial backwater of Caithness which may well be a parallel universe. Do I detect from your comments that you see the SNP and its supporters as Paedophiles? Hence this so called coverup? That's some claim if a read your post correctly

Are you able to supply one good reason why the SNP and their followers are reigning hellfire on Westminster because of alleged historic sexual offences but totally ignoring the same problem under their own remit. Seems a severe case of double standards at best or a big cover up at worst.

Before anybody jumps on me for this, I think I have made it clear I am no fan of the SNP or what they have done to this Country. However, surely it is down to the Police to investigate the complaint, then hand their findings to the Procurator Fiscal, to ensure there is enough evidence to try the case? I do'nt think the Government has any say on this. When a crime has been committed, you go to the Police, not your MP. Or is it different because it is historical ?

Holyrood has the power to start an inquiry into historic sexual abuse it would appear that while Westminster has taken action and started an inquiry although mired in problems with finding a suitable person to chair it. Holyrood has so far sat on its hands and done nothing. It's all well and good firing every perceived problem directly at Westminster but when the Scottish Governments actions are woefully inadequate on similar issues we should be holding them to account.

Current abuse should quite rightly be investigated by Police Scotland but historical abuse requires an Inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Holyrood has the power to start an inquiry into historic sexual abuse it would appear that while Westminster has taken action and started an inquiry although mired in problems with finding a suitable person to chair it. Holyrood has so far sat on its hands and done nothing. It's all well and good firing every perceived problem directly at Westminster but when the Scottish Governments actions are woefully inadequate on similar issues we should be holding them to account.

Current abuse should quite rightly be investigated by Police Scotland but historical abuse requires an Inquiry.

I'm with you now. I was looking at the statute of limitations, to see if that had something to do with it and found this from 2013 -

The Scottish Human Rights Commission
    22 March 2013

The Scottish Human Rights Commission is a statutory body created by the Scottish Commission for Human Rights Act 2006. The Commission is a national human rights institution (NHRI) and is accredited with ‘A’ status by the International Co-ordinating Committee of NHRIs at the United Nations. The Commission is the Chair of the European Group of NHRIs and it is also a representative of Scotland on the Advisory Panel to the Commission on a Bill of Rights. The Commission has general functions, including promoting human rights in Scotland, in particular to encourage best practice; monitoring of law, policies and practice; conducting inquiries into the policies and practices of Scottish public authorities; intervening in civil proceedings and providing guidance, information and education.

0. Summary
    The Scottish Human Rights Commission (the Commission) considers that survivors of historic child abuse continue to be denied effective access to justice and the right to an effective remedy in Scotland. In the context of the review of the law on “time bar”, the Commission considers that the following options bear further consideration:
    1. the adoption of a “special regime” on limitation for survivors of historic child abuse;
    2. the development of a national reparations fund for survivors of historic child abuse.
    The Commission looks forward to continued constructive negotiations between survivors, Government, other public bodies, institutions, workers, religious bodies and others on the development of an Action Plan on Justice for Historic Abuse, to consider such steps, among others.

ive missed so much. when did the memo go rond telling us that "saville" was the new word for "paedo"?

And since when did the government - wstminster or holyrood- become responsible for investigating crimes? I was always undr the impression that it was the duty of the policw force to do that.
    AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Alien Adrenaline Reflex View Post
    ive missed so much. when did the memo go rond telling us that "saville" was the new word for "paedo"?
    I do'nt think it is, I think it's just similar circumstances, ie, Saville was in show business as was Tam Paton, seemingly both with an awful lot of people involved in what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Are you able to supply one good reason why the SNP and their followers are reigning hellfire on Westminster because of alleged historic sexual offences but totally ignoring the same problem under their own remit. Seems a severe case of double standards at best or a big cover up at worst.
    This isn't correct, actually. The Scottish Government has been working with Police Scotland and with Suvivors groups to establish what they wanted to happen and it was agreed there was a need for an enquiry last year .

The terms of reference of the enquiry was agreed between all those involved and Susan O'Brian was appointed as chair. The last few weeks have seen adverts in Public Appointments Scotland for panel members and the closing date was 28th August for those posts.

These things don't happen quickly I'm afraid and the issues in Scotland, types of abuse, needs of the survivors and of course the legal system may very well be different so we can't simply "tag on" or replicate what is happening in the rest of the UK.