Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: John 'O Groats Hotel

Default John 'O Groats Hotel

A quick snap that I took of the John 'O Groats hotel yesterday.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4d39tasz9...mark).jpg?dl=0

A really good photograph , arransinclair, such a shame that it has now become such an ugly building due to so-called "developments" !!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    A really good photograph , arransinclair, such a shame that it has now become such an ugly building due to so-called "developments" !!
    I have to agree with you it looks like they have added sheds coloured in the political parties livery to me.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

i agree it is totally out of place the new sheds look as if the should be on blackpool sea front not bonnie scotland sorrry to say the new developments at groats is appalling the only thing to attracted people is flavours

I've got to be honest, I think it's really improved the look of the place, it's called "modern architecture" and modern people, like myself like it, remember what it looked like before, it was drab, dull and tired looking. At least a big nation wide company has addressed the issue and decided to invest their money into our local economy.

Yes, arransinclair, it definitely does take certain people to have an idea into "so called" modern architecture. I was actually at the opening of said new "structure" which is meant to be the "new" John O' Groats Hotel . . . and to be absolutely honest, within the building I felt as though I had been transported into an asylum, whereby there is nothing "tangible" or worth looking at ( no windows to the outside world in the corridors ) apart from completely white walls with the odd "picture" - oh, excuse me the "pictures" were actually depicting which room you are allocated to . . . .I really hope and pray that my sanity provides me with more intelligence than whoever should be "incarcerated" within these walls . . . . . .
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

cycling down the road, when you look across to the new chalets, they look like a ministry of defense camp