Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Referedum mark 2

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Well there's not going to be another Referendum the Prime Minister has ruled it out .

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...n-Alex-Salmond

Seems Nicola and Alex are finally hoisted by their own petard.

" once in a lifetime "

"Once in a generation "

They also agreed to be bound and respect the outcome of the referendum when the Edinburgh agreement was signed.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 28-Jul-15 at 09:07.

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    At last the SNP bashers have been rumbled.
    Rumbled on what basis ?? OK what do you suggest as regards currency to be used in transational period prior to becomming an EU state ( and using the euro ), debt % repayments to UK, costs of untangling UK services and setting up Scottish services, potential loss of financil jobs, fiscal hole caused by oil price slump....time limits and costs, its not SNP bashing as you put it, people require answers to the big issues, you know the issues ducked by Salmon last time round, when he was found out, same issues that if arent answered properly will result in another no majority. People didnt vote no because of an SNP hatred peple voted no as they saw themselves as British citizens ( like yourself cos thats what you are ) bwing asked to vote for independance when none of the really big issues were properly explained.

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    There the unionists go again,moaning, grumbling and using their big gun,scare mongering,change the record for goodness sake.
    Glad you see the issues are "big guns", what is scraremongering about raising the practicality issues on independance ? if there is a referendum 2 youd better get used to it as the same arguements last time round will pop up again as the SNP failed demonstrably to convince the elecrorate that they had the answers and strategy required ( currency, debt repayment, fiscal responsibility, EU member ship....they will come up again and pro independance people using cliches and shouting people down wont cause you any good ) . Oh...where do get you off on using the term unionist....my definition of unionist is someone predomiantly from greater strathclyde ( you know the most densly inhabited part of Scotland ) who is of a certain religion, who supports a certain football team that sing the songs of our neighbours ( rule brittania etc ), who is aganist a certain religion, I could go on...I am British and like it or lump it so are you. SO refer to what you call unionists proprerly ie as as British citizens and accept that some people prefer the devil they know than the devil they dont.
    Last edited by rob murray; 28-Jul-15 at 09:19.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    And what party would that be ?
    We all know what the gutless wonder is inferring, let him and others keep it up, with crass remarks like that they have no chance in changing opionins to their side.

SNP supporters like to kid themselves they have some moral majority !

The reality is so far Scotland has had two referendums on independence neither have come back as favourable toward a change.

There are followers who think that winning a General Election with good results transcribes into another referendum but until the SNP are getting voting numbers well in excess of 50% they do not have a majority to call for referendums.

At the moment they are the majority party for running Scotland and have had a resounding defeat for referendums.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    We all know what the gutless wonder is inferring, let him and others keep it up, with crass remarks like that they have no chance in changing opionins to their side.
    I actually just wanted that person to put into writing exactly what they were accusing us of being, we have been called a lot of things on here, but that is the one thing I draw the line at.

Go on Twitter you'll get called all sorts their favourite at the moment is " Brit nat".

The good news is they've been reigned in by party central so are virtually only talking to each other now.

Failing to engage with the majority won't win them anything

I actually just wanted that person to put into writing exactly what they were accusing us of being, we have been called a lot of things on here, but that is the one thing I draw the line at.
    I know but there you have it, this particular individual obviously cannot answer the big questions nor give any opinions on them, so reverts to what is the most tasteless ignorant inference going, by doing so he / she insults the memory of millions of people who fought for his / her freedom to post like this.
    Last edited by rob murray; 28-Jul-15 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Go on Twitter you'll get called all sorts their favourite at the moment is " Brit nat".The good news is they've been reigned in by party central so are virtually only talking to each other now.
    Brit nat will do me, I a British natural citizen, the laugh is these kind of people are British whether they like or not..........or are they typixing their passwords / maybe wrapping thier UK passports in tartan covers ..

One thing you'll find across the board with the vast majority is their failure to engage with current policies, they are hung up on past grievance spanning 300 yrs but singularly fail to engage on what is actually happening right here right now in the country.

When challenged they hop from issue to issue without actually commenting on anything.

You usually find it stops around the clearances but some do manage to dredge further back.

Here's a question for you, had Scotland got Independence, no matter where I lived, would I not be British anymore because I was born in Scotland?

Here's a question for you, had Scotland got Independence, no matter where I lived, would I not be British anymore because I was born in Scotland?
    You'd of retained your passport and nationality, you can't strip someone of their nationality I think it's a UN thing but stand to be corrected on that issue

One thing you'll find across the board with the vast majority is their failure to engage with current policies, they are hung up on past grievance spanning 300 yrs but singularly fail to engage on what is actually happening right here right now in the country.

When challenged they hop from issue to issue without actually commenting on anything.

You usually find it stops around the clearances but some do manage to dredge further back.
    Did you see the thread from a poster asking for a seperate politics thread on the gounds of so called SNP bashing..its boring same stuff time and time again ....and the same people making the same arguements....what a farce eh....not many people actually post on the site nowadays anyway, of course the same arguements will get trotted out as the big issues have not gone away. the SNP failed to convince the electorate last time and the big issues will still be with us....oh....shove in oil prices as well....as last time round the assumption was a $110 barrel price to fund the land of milk and honey.

Well I did see quite amazing considering that the political threads are generally the most widely viewed ones on the org.

You'd of retained your passport and nationality, you can't strip someone of their nationality I think it's a UN thing but stand to be corrected on that issue
    For some reason, that just struck me, it's more my daughter I am concerned about, she has lived in England since the age of 4, she's 32 now, and has a British Passport, imagine having that taken off you and you were not even allowed to vote !!

Did you see the thread from a poster asking for a seperate politics thread on the gounds of so called SNP bashing..its boring same stuff time and time again ....and the same people making the same arguements....what a farce eh....not many people actually post on the site nowadays anyway, of course the same arguements will get trotted out as the big issues have not gone away. the SNP failed to convince the electorate last time and the big issues will still be with us....oh....shove in oil prices as well....as last time round the assumption was a $110 barrel price to fund the land of milk and honey.
    We got punted !! Watch the General thread die a death !

Well I did see quite amazing considering that the political threads are generally the most widely viewed ones on the org.
    Viewed but low active participation.....seems daft SNP bashing................if only !!

I've no problems with the org having a separate Politics Forum although do wonder why those who aren't interested just don't not view the posts it's quite easy to do. Considering the amount of view the politics threads do get I would of moved it to a higher place up the list not buried it further down. But hey ho what can you do !

Viewed but low active participation.....seems daft SNP bashing................if only !!
    Oh Rob you fail to realise it fuels their sense of moral outrage.

If nothing else they must be the most permanently outraged members of any political party in History.

Majority, democracy means very little to most of them in my mind they are a reincarnation of the Cromwellian New Model Army.

No dissent is allowed, no other view other than the party view, all internal issues are ignored all opposing views crushed ruthlessly.

Nah....they must have read "what is to be done" and are rigourously practising its contents !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast