Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What happened to Meygen?

Default What happened to Meygen?

All the portacabins are all away, are they finished there?

Apparently the results of the initial pilot trial project will be announced next week, these are rumoured to be very good....even so, if the planned national government Climate ChangeLevy is applied to offshore wave and tidal projects, none of them will goahead. So even if tests are brilliant the next steps will be to wait and see if investors will cough up to drive the project forward, which given the Climate Change Levy will be at best very unpredictable.

Initial test of what Rob Murray? that they successfuly horizontally drilled the cable route?

http://www.meygen.com/programme/

Quote Originally Posted by webmannie View Post
    Initial test of what Rob Murray? that they successfuly horizontally drilled the cable route?

http://www.meygen.com/programme/
    Dunno I only heard it on the news last week on a programme where the interviewer was syaing basically that wave / tidal was going knowhere... only comning subsidies...thats all I dont know the specifics other than the guy said they expected very good results. I wish them well as if the Meygen project does come off muts creeate local jobs !

Cabins all still there just drilling equipment that's gone

This was in the Courier -

"ENERGY minister Fergus Ewing will be visiting the MeyGen site in Caithness, today, as it reaches "a significant milestone" in its development. The last of four bore holes for the initial phase of the scheme has been completed while work is about to start on the construction of the onshore power conversion centre."