Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Freeview remote stopped working

Default Freeview remote stopped working

I'm not very technically minded so wondered if someone could advise me. I have a Goodmans recordable freeview box. Today I accidentally dropped the remote in my hot drink! Dried it out, replaced batteries but still not working. Does anyone know if I could get a universal remote with recordable function that would work with this box or will have I have to try and order the exact remote model? It's annoying that there's nomanual burrons on these. Boxes because it seems if the remote isn't working there's no way to even change channel. Thanks for reading!

Hi
    You could try taking it apart if you can - usually 2 screws to undo. There is a circuit board with the keypad rubber above it. Use WD 40 to spray both the contacts and the base of the buttons that contact it. Wipe clean with kitchen roll or the like then put back together. Have revived many sets of buttons that way.
    Good luck D :-)

Ok, I'll do that right now! Thanks!

Brilliant, it worked...thanks so much

Nice work :-)