Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Monaghan tells racist cybernat to " keep it up "

I had a wee look on twitter and the reply of "keep it up" was in regards to something which is not racist i can asure you. The lassie had tweeted back in march that the vow was as useful as toilet cleaner to which Paul replied i like your humour "keep it up". I think this has gotten out of control with context. As for the nasty thing she said about the flooding (which I think is awful) wasnt even on twitter it was a google thing which got closed last year so you can not link that to his comment. I notice Paul has over 12000 followers and he is following about 9000 so if you think he has time to check out every single person to ensure they are not nasty then im sure he has better things to be doing. I dont like to hear of people being bad named for no reason as i have done in the past so i will quickly defend people when its wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcVean View Post
    if the admin here had any sense they would delete this stupid pointless thread.
    I wish they would delete several of the stupid pointless users too.....save us all a lot of hassle.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

So what you're saying is we should ignore his interaction and encouragement of the troll and just pretend it never happened because he has a lot of followers and you have some as well, we should just pretend that it's all a big mistake and he never issued encouragement to the tweets and support despite the public domain evidence against him. And all of this is a huge conspiracy to cover up other stories quite well covered by the national and international media. Meanwhile you suggest that a new poster who you seem to have some former knowledge of but the rest of us are unacquainted with is well known elsewhere under a fairly common name. Then finally our freedom speech be ruthlessly suppressed just to keep one political view happy. How very Orwellian of you !
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 22-Jul-15 at 15:57.

No - its all a smokescreen to hide the use of British pilots in Syria. Now thats wonderful, what will they think of next. I wonder if Paul M's dozy brother( he of the Skype expertise) has recently joined e' org ?

They do say all is fair in love and war seems Dr Monaghan is quite happy to make vexatious complaints about others.http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...t-13072011.htm

So you say he is guilty and want him hung drawn and quartered. mr monaghan says he is innocent and that the tweets were taken out of context. To back up your comment that he is guilty, you dig out old stories and smear campaigns to try to convince the rest of the org users that mr monaghan is a deceitful liar and untrustworthy person and that you are right and mr monaghan is guilty. Wow....how Orwellianly flawed your argument is. Why not just ask admin to change your name to "BitterTogether" or bitter still, make another sock puppet with that name and give us all a laugh

Well as the troll was one of the main proponents in the shameful abuse of the late Charles Kennedy and there is plenty of proof that Dr Monaghan had more than just one tweet with the name, what are you suggesting shaggy that we pretend he is above reproach and accept his version of events over everything that's in the public domain. His past form gives a good indication of the type of man he is, it's all public domain all recorded for posterity. There's no smear campaign that would suggest it's made up to discredit him this is all a matter of public record whether you like it or not he should be held to just as high account as anyone else who wants to enter politics and represent us.

This just seems to me a hate against this man, he aint even my MP and Im not actually sure who is im just in the area for work and came across the paper today. I like the local people here and hope to move up thats why im taking an interest. If you really think as i said he has time to verify every single person he comes into contact with prior to a reply then that is impossible! Im sure it would be different if he was lets say a labour MP cause from what i have heard on the TV they never seem to turn up so must have plenty of time on their hands. Or lets say a Lib Dem MP well there are hardly any of them left either so again have plenty of time on their hands? Id also like to point out as well while i have been looking through all the info i can find that he has a place in Brora I think and does surgeries so maybe it is a good idea to stop complaing on the computer or paper and make an appointment to see him and air all your worries. Just a thought??

if this is refering to me about having former knowledge then its only becasue i have done a bit of digging unlike some of the people who are clearly putting jumping on the band wagon! Im not saying to ignore anything just get a few facts right and stop trying to make something that aint. finally sorry for having such a common name but if you have an issue with that then i will need to refer you onto my mother as she gave that to me

Tom if you want to become an apologist for his online behaviour that's entirely your right no one here is stopping you and we are all fully capable of doing research as you like to call it on the subject, but it's somewhat naive to claim after his account has been cleansed of the offending remarks and the trolls account deleted that non of it ever occurred.

Thankfully there are a lot of people out there who have numerous copies of the interactions between the two and all the offensive remarks made by the troll, all logged and recorded in wonderful time and date order. It isn't a hate campaign it's a discussion about our duly elected MP and his conduct on the areas local discussion forum, whether you love him or hate him is neither here nor there the fact remains his behaviour for us his constituents to discuss and decide whether or not we find it acceptable.

I think considering the distances between places few could be bothered to drive down to Brora to speak to Dr Monaghan but trust me should he visit Wick or Thurso I for one would be more than happy to challenge him on his conduct.

In the meantime the petition is climbing as more people sign it no different really to the campaign Alastair Carmichael went through when some felt his conduct wasn't up to the mark,delivered to him by vociferous SNP voters.

So I'd say it would appear those who support this type of action against sitting MPs from other parties don't like it when it's their own under fire.

To whoever asked, yes I joined today, the purpose was to promote my petition. I just happened upon this thread. Can I point out to you all that Monaghan claims not to have any involvement with Claire Robertson,or that he followed her. That might be the case now, but it was not the case before. Denying he interacted with her when the evidence is freely available for all of us to see. To be honest it's hilarious that he calls my action opportunistic, when he himself has been very open in his backing for action against Carmichael. What the courier didn't print was that I am unable to contact Monaghan. Despite him claiming I campaigned against him, that isn't the case. I contacted him on Twitter and Facebook asking him to justify the comments he made to the Courier that he would support the decommissioning of nuclear submarines in Caithness. One comment and he blocked me, I can prove this. After election I asked him 2 further times but he fobbed me off. That he expects to live in a little bubble where everyone loves him is ridiculous. We are allowed to oppose and question, and as one of his constituents I also have a right to answers. And yes James McVean I did post comments on SNP sites, that was because he blocked me, but you know that because you responded to me at the time. And sorry expecting me to be banned because you don't like my views? That's completely unreasonable. Most of my family live in Caithness, I've as much a rights as you.

Also nice to note that after all the kerfuffle a few years ago about expenses scandals and the public disquiet about employing family members Dr Monaghan shortly after being elected employed his Brother as his communications manager.

No doubt he was the right person to be hired for this illustrious position with qualifications and experience that outstripped anyone else available within the area with the Job being advertised and everyone having an equal chance at securing such employment.

One would hate to think the party is really no different to the old guard with a spot of nepotism creeping in.

Im not a member of any political party i like to try and stay away from one particular one for this reason. I see Brora is not that far away from Wick or Thurso so if it was such a big deal then surely you would make an effort. Im sure he will be happy to discuss any problems you may have with him
    You still dont see that the remark made about keeping it up was linked to toilet cleaner!! how on earth can you really try and link that to being a racist??
    Im not defending him at all i just find it a bit OTT

I havent read about his brothers employment yet but when i do im sure i will manage to comment on that

Quote Originally Posted by TomAndrew View Post
    Im not a member of any political party i like to try and stay away from one particular one for this reason. I see Brora is not that far away from Wick or Thurso so if it was such a big deal then surely you would make an effort. Im sure he will be happy to discuss any problems you may have with himYou still dont see that the remark made about keeping it up was linked to toilet cleaner!! how on earth can you really try and link that to being a racist??Im not defending him at all i just find it a bit OTT
    As I've already mentioned the troll has deleted their account and someone has diligently gone through Dr Monaghans feed apparently sanitising it of any remarks that link the two, so unless you have a time machine or access to the people who diligently copied them prior to their removal I'm not sure how you can really comment on the numerous posts between the two ! Brora is far enough away for me not to waste petrol driving there so he can try absolve himself and deny what happened in a typically politicians style,he can access me through Twitter or come on here an explain himself away.

Obviously some of the org's new members are a bit ahead of me. So when did our MP open the Brora Office. I know he has selected the premises but has not yet publicised when he will be available there.
    Perhaps his brother, he of the extensive knowledge of Skype, might advise us on that.
    To save a previous poster from wasting time 'researching' it appears that The Honourable Doctor has appointed his brother as Head of his Communications Team. He apparently is awful clever with computers and Skype and things, and other things, and was undoubtedly the best candidate for the job. By the way the vacancy was widely advertised, on Doctor Monaghan's Facebook page.
    The job spec. and advertising strategy is as quoted by Dr Monaghan himself.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAndrew View Post
    Im not a member of any political party i like to try and stay away from one particular one for this reason. I see Brora is not that far away from Wick or Thurso so if it was such a big deal then surely you would make an effort. Im sure he will be happy to discuss any problems you may have with himYou still dont see that the remark made about keeping it up was linked to toilet cleaner!! how on earth can you really try and link that to being a racist??Im not defending him at all i just find it a bit OTT
    A 2 hour round trip is fairly significant, no?

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    A 2 hour round trip is fairly significant, no?
    Oh i dunno, it's been prattled on about on the org for nearly 2 1/2 days.....

I don't think it's that long surely. I have never driven myself as I take the public transport

Is there a policy by the snp party stating family members can't be employed?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast