Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Monaghan tells racist cybernat to " keep it up "

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Also theSNP is not anti English. Indeed there are many English supporters and some branches in England.
    That has nothing to do with what this thread is actually about, it is about Paul Monaghan and his apparent support of a person who had previously been banned from Twitter for abusive and racist remarks. I am quite sure there are English people who support the SNP.

However, and I do'nt care if you agree with me or not Liz, there are people out there, that are still abusing and targeting "No" voters, I know because I was on the receiving end of it on Facebook. It did'nt matter where I was from, it was because I had the audacity to vote no. Certainly anybody that was'nt from Scotland got it worse, but me, I am a traitor, I am not fit to live in this country and call myself Scottish and so on. And I hate to tell you this, the majority of people doing the abusing, had a little SNP thing on their profile picture.

To say the least, it does'nt endear me to the SNP.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    That has nothing to do with what this thread is actually about, it is about Paul Monaghan and his apparent support of a person who had previously been banned from Twitter for abusive and racist remarks. I am quite sure there are English people who support the SNP.

However, and I do'nt care if you agree with me or not Liz, there are people out there, that are still abusing and targeting "No" voters, I know because I was on the receiving end of it on Facebook. It did'nt matter where I was from, it was because I had the audacity to vote no. Certainly anybody that was'nt from Scotland got it worse, but me, I am a traitor, I am not fit to live in this country and call myself Scottish and so on. And I hate to tell you this, the majority of people doing the abusing, had a little SNP thing on their profile picture.

To say the least, it does'nt endear me to the SNP.
    Okay before I go I am really sorry you suffered such abuse but I can assure you that the same kind of abuse (both physical and verbal) has been meted out to SNP supporters. I would never support a racist party and do not condone such behaviour. As for the thread not being about racism I thought this was the whole point of it?
    Last edited by Liz; 22-Jul-15 at 12:27.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I should have made myself clearer, the rantings of this person on twitter were not just confined to the English, as I said above it does'nt matter where the person is from originally, if you are a no voter, you are fair game to them. Again, it is about his support for this person. And I will say this, regardless of the politics, I would stick up for anybody that was being bullied or abused on Facebook, and I did.

I do not condone this person's behaviour and abhore bullying but you can't tar us all with the same brush. Every party has it's eejits! Again though I can't see where he 'supported' her?
    Last edited by Liz; 22-Jul-15 at 12:39.

I do not condone this person's behaviour and abhore bullying but you can't tar us all with the same brush. Every party has it's eejits!
    And I'm not, a lot of my friends support the SNP, and voted yes in the Referendum. It's not something I would discuss with them, as obviously their views are different to mine, and another reason is I think our friendship is more important than politics.

I totally agree that friendship is far more important! Sadly there are a lot of keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do than cause misery and mischief bringing any party they maintain they support into disrepute.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Liz you seem to miss the point, this is about Mr Monaghans tacit support and encouragement of a particularly nasty troll, regardless of which party he is a member of that type of behaviour is not acceptable from any duly elected representative who is supposed to represent all of his constituents once elected.
    The particular MSP under scrutiny here happens to be a member of a party some of whoms supporters have gained national notoriety for being particularly abusive online, also a party whose leader has made a very clear statement in the National media that this type of behaviour is wholly unacceptable and would bring disclipinary action should evidence be found of it.
    Given that the evidence of his tacit support and encouragement is now a matter of public record, despite the offending party deleting their account, this is no way diminishes his actions.

Okay going round in circles so am off for good now!

May I suggest you turn your gaze to what is going on in Westminster once in a while?

As I said lash at it!
    Last edited by Liz; 22-Jul-15 at 13:18.

Okay going round in circles so am off for good now!May I suggest you turn your gaze to what is going on in Westminster once in a while?As I said lash at it!
    It's summer Westminster is on a break !

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    It's summer Westminster is on a break !
    Can you take one as well then please?

Petition signed and shared
    Monaghan must go!!

what happens when the petition gets to 500 ?

The idea is the petition will be sent to Nicola Sturgeon quite publicly so can be seen to act on the words she published in the National Media about disclipinary action being taken.

Im not really into politics but have seen this in todays paper so felt the need to read the article. Just out of interest why does it not show the exact tweet to which that guy Paul has replied to "keep it up" as it seems a bit one sided??

There are a number of tweets between them it's not just one tweet!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAndrew View Post
    Im not really into politics but have seen this in todays paper so felt the need to read the article. Just out of interest why does it not show the exact tweet to which that guy Paul has replied to "keep it up" as it seems a bit one sided??
    It is very possible that the paper could not repeat the tweets, or I should say print the persons tweets he was responding to. As I said before, regarding the Facebook page "The Scottish Republican Army" I could only put on here a tiny percentage of what was written on that page, as the majority of the stuff on there was horrendous. I think it was mentioned in the link to the Scotsman, about her having a picture of a hanging in which she said that, that was what was going to happen to "no" voters. I can guarantee that would just be the tip of the iceberg.

I have just had a look again at the link, this is a paragraph -

"Among her posts was a video of a storm flooding Barmouth in Wales, accompanying which she wrote: “pity it cant hit birmingham then we could get rid of all the p****.”

She also posted a picture of a person hanging from a gibbet with the words: “typical No voter after sep 18.”
    Last edited by cptdodger; 22-Jul-15 at 15:07.

Can you take one as well then please?
    lol good one Liz :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieM View Post
    I'm a Twitter troll am I? I can assure that is not the case, unless of course by that you mean I oppose the SNP and everything they stand for! and last time I checked, that wasn't a crime.

And Liz, Monaghan is guilty of *supporting* a racist Twitter troll, if you see no problem in her comments then I suggest you seek help. His involvement with her continued after Sturgeon said that the party was to disassociate from these people. He has clearly ignored this. There are countless other reasons why he is not fit for the job, this is the tip of the iceberg.
    So did you just join the site and found the post and decided to wade into the debate or did a poster on here tell you all about this?...... i suspect the latter.

Seems our illustrious MSP cares more about courting Welsh voters and being less than truthful about the SNPs Faux Pas with VAT and section 33 local authority bodies than he does engaging with his own constituents, his own constituent voices a knowledgable standpoint on VAT and gets blocked for disagreeing the Welsh Voter gets insulting and carries on the discussion. shameful treatment.

Thurso - and the Fantasy City of Darkhaven...

I seen this article in the London owned Scotsman the other day and I laughed, not because of the rather pathetic attempt to sully the good name of our newly elected MP, No...I laughed because the journalist sensationalism of this tweet MUST understand the machinations and traditions of Twitter and obviously chooses to ignore them.
    I am fairly new to Twitter, but I quickly learned it is courteous to follow someone if they choose to follow you, and rather quickly I hit 2000 follows...Aye 2000...
    Paul Monaghan is following nearly 9000 people and has 12000 followers
    The way Twitter works is you get a news feed of a random selection from people you choose to follow and notification of people who have either tweeted you or mentioned you to others....
    It is completely inconceivable that he would have run a background check on every single person he follows. And that Unionist biased newspapers didn't show the entire thread of the conversation...
    This leads me to the conclusion that the smear attempts on our MP were a smoke screen to cover up the illegal use of British pilots bombing Syria, or the breaking documentary in Australia of the child abuse cover ups in the top tier of the establishment. He'll, this pathetic "story" was even jumped all over by unionist trolls desperately trying to get this chap to lose his job in a laughable petition...
    This lassie Debbie is known for posting anti SNP Nonsense on the Thurso, Wick and Tain pages and if the admin here had any sense they would delete this stupid pointless thread.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast