Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Monaghan tells racist cybernat to " keep it up "

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    I've sent DrMonaghan a message asking him to clarify his interactions as one of his constituents I feel he needs to explain and he does appear very active on Twitter.
    Youve got a reply..... tit for tat...Scotsman v Herald http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1..._/?ref=mr&lp=4

Its a rehash story which I would imagine has been leaked to take the heat out of our MP, none the less the women in the artilce quoted should never have used language like she did to Mary Black... not on at all...sounds like upper middle class jealousy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    That is just awful. I have been called a white settler here, I genuinley believe, I'm from the wrong part of Scotland, or should I say was made to feel like that, but then I would not need to be here had somebody from this area, been able to do the job my partner came up here for. I have no idea how they get away with that website.
    I had a quick squint at it.....very anti "white settler"............... comming north to Scotland and taking best jobs driving property prices up etc etc ...a kinda scottish UKIP with violence, nowt to do with the SNP though....just nutters, but theres a few about though ! Your from Dundee and some up here called you a white settler...I thought we were all Scots....its a common term used in a lots of places....puts non locals in "their place" as does the term "sooth moothers" now are we a united country ? .....nah.......chuck in religion and we are a small minded tinder box : some politcial commentators are suggesting that we will have splinter groups those who want yes....now.....and the official response ....to wait it out, so the yes people will split into the frustrated and the realists.....those who will wait and those who wont....... and the latter is where the nutters are

That is just awful. I have been called a white settler here, I genuinley believe, I'm from the wrong part of Scotland, or should I say was made to feel like that, but then I would not need to be here had somebody from this area, been able to do the job my partner came up here for. I have no idea how they get away with that website.
    Youve said it yersel.....the wrong PART of Scotland.........so Scotland isnt a nation but a sum of parts eh !!!

Paul's brother, his 'Communications Manager', (anyone know that salary?) should have managed these communications (... unless i misunderstand the job title)

ahem ...

“The one thing I want to ensure as an MP is that I use technology in an innovative way and people can contact me using Skype and social media.
    “I need somebody who could do that effectively. There was a high number of applicants for the position and it was a challenge to recruit someone to the post.”
    Last edited by rogermellie; 20-Jul-15 at 15:00.

I cannot believe this my eyes decieve me....any student with a minimum qualification in IT ie NC / HNC IT / Communications could do this job : absolutely appalling greed and nonsense, showing a derogativelycontempt for the skills of his younger contituents...looking after number 1 keeping it in the family eh !!

From The Guardian : At least 15 new MPs have already hired family members at the expense of the taxpayer on salaries of up to £40,000 per year, the new House of Commons register of interests has revealed.
    A number of new MPs, however, have wasted no time in putting relatives on the payroll. The pay scale for MP staff members is between £15,000 and £43,272, although some are employed on a part-time basis so will receive less.
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...-politics-live
    Seven of the 15 were Conservatives, including David Warburton, the new MP for Somerton and Frome, who has employed his wife as a communications officer and personal assistant, and Steve Double, the new MP for St Austell and Newquay, who has employed his wife as a senior caseworker and diary secretary.
    Four were new Scottish National party MPs, including Paul Monaghan, MP for Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross, employing his brother as a communications manager, and Corri Wilson, MP for Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock, employing her son as a casewor

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    I had a quick squint at it.....very anti "white settler"............... comming north to Scotland and taking best jobs driving property prices up etc etc ...a kinda scottish UKIP with violence, nowt to do with the SNP though....just nutters, but theres a few about though ! Your from Dundee and some up here called you a white settler...I thought we were all Scots....its a common term used in a lots of places....puts non locals in "their place" as does the term "sooth moothers" now are we a united country ? .....nah.......chuck in religion and we are a small minded tinder box : some politcial commentators are suggesting that we will have splinter groups those who want yes....now.....and the official response ....to wait it out, so the yes people will split into the frustrated and the realists.....those who will wait and those who wont....... and the latter is where the nutters are
    And that is the worry is'nt it? That Facebook page I was talking about sprang into action a couple of days after the Referendum. That's what I was saying to Shaggy, for me it was'nt about politics, it was about me being British and staying British. As for religion, I moved back to Dundee with my two younger children and had to find a primary school / nursery for them. There was a Catholic school at the end of my road, which I could have sent them to but decided against it, so they went to one a bit further away. Let me make it clear I have nothing against Catholics! what I do think is wrong though is separatism in any form, but especially in schools. Having said that, I grew up with the troubles (Northern Ireland) it certainly did'nt do them any good.

From what I can see, the only thing that the Referendum did was cause divisions, and I firmly lay the blame at the SNP's door for that.

And that is the worry is'nt it? That Facebook page I was talking about sprang into action a couple of days after the Referendum. That's what I was saying to Shaggy, for me it was'nt about politics, it was about me being British and staying British. As for religion, I moved back to Dundee with my two younger children and had to find a primary school / nursery for them. There was a Catholic school at the end of my road, which I could have sent them to but decided against it, so they went to one a bit further away. Let me make it clear I have nothing against Catholics! what I do think is wrong though is separatism in any form, but especially in schools. Having said that, I grew up with the troubles (Northern Ireland) it certainly did'nt do them any good.

From what I can see, the only thing that the Referendum did was cause divisions, and I firmly lay the blame at the SNP's door for that.
    Same here, at least up north we have single denomination schools..I cannot abide factions nor divisions anywhere in any sphere or walk in life, its just another form of tribalistic bullying.... my issue with "nationalism" is that it can be intrepeted in many ways and narrowly, whose definition of nationalism is going to come out tops....extremists or the ploticians...and would extremists give a hoot for politicains...they would do them down as well...we are all fair game to nutters...... for goodness sake....we are all Jock Tamsons bairns ...or until last year we were. SImmering under the surface way before the referendum were clear divisions in Scotland, mostly on the white settler / incommer, anti english and religous themes, throw in the referedum yes propoganda and you create a situation where people who vote no, but are scots born, living in areas that theyre were not born into, are hit by a double whammy...white settlers, traitors...go back to where you come from .......

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    Paul's brother, his 'Communications Manager', (anyone know that salary?) should have managed these communications (... unless i misunderstand the job title)

ahem ...

“The one thing I want to ensure as an MP is that I use technology in an innovative way and people can contact me using Skype and social media.
    “I need somebody who could do that effectively. There was a high number of applicants for the position and it was a challenge to recruit someone to the post.”
    Seeing as to how we've got a man on the take in westminster people can check on his expense claims

http://www.parliamentary-standards.org.uk/Default.aspx

The funniest thing I heard after the Referendum was, as I was one of the 55% I was no longer entitled to sing "Flower of Scotland" !!

The funniest thing I heard after the Referendum was, as I was one of the 55% I was no longer entitled to sing "Flower of Scotland" !!
    I would have been chuffed to bits with that comment, the song is a dirge through and through...Im with Billy Connelly on that one...he wanted the theme from the archers to be our new national anthem. nice up beat catchy tune lol lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post

ahem ...

The guy is no doubt a clever well connected bloke, he's a degree and phd, some of the causes he is involved with / voluntary work is very commendable...but he has let himself down big time being shown to be on the make or rather making jobs for the boys, undermines his "good works".... according to his blurb in his the first degree he researched and reported on the sources of stress and the coping strategies deployed among the police officers and support staff of Northern Constabulry...he should keep holyrood right then.... given stress levels in police scotland.

I would have been chuffed to bits with that comment, the song is a dirge through and through...Im with Billy Connelly on that one...he wanted the theme from the archers to be our new national anthem. nice up beat catchy tune lol lol lol

They're quite safe, I actually do'nt know the words! I remember watching Billy Connelly, when he came out with that, so funny! If you can, try getting hold of Billy Connelly's "World Tour of Scotland" that is brilliant, he goes to Dundee and Wick amongst other places, well worth a watch !

[QUOTE=cptdodger;1124504]They're quite safe, I actually do'nt know the words! I remember watching Billy Connelly, when he came out with that, so funny! If you can, try getting hold of Billy Connelly's "World Tour of Scotland" that is brilliant, he goes to Dundee and Wick amongst other places, well worth a watch ![/QUOTE

Thats what I love about Connoly he came to Wick in his early up and comming years, came back when he was a bona fide "star" and appeared in Wick after he was a made movie star, a true man of the people, usually you get 1 possibly 2 shows from someone then when it takes off its bye bye..I mind connolly in the early 70's in Wick sitting giving a free show in the norseman bar on a sunday morning, just telling stories, playing / singing laughing joking...mind you I think he was working off a hangover...incidentally his take on the whole independance thing was he had a great belief in the “in the union of the human race”.

incidentally his take on the whole independance thing was he had a great belief in the “in the union of the human race”.
    Sadly, we are further away than ever from that, and I do'nt just mean Scotland, I mean the human race in general. This is nothing to do with anything on this thread, but people used to say the world changed on 9/11, I thought they meant airport security, but with people disappearing to Syria on almost a daily basis, you have to wonder what the world is coming to.

Sadly, we are further away than ever from that, and I do'nt just mean Scotland, I mean the human race in general. This is nothing to do with anything on this thread, but people used to say the world changed on 9/11, I thought they meant airport security, but with people disappearing to Syria on almost a daily basis, you have to wonder what the world is coming to.
    Yep it didnt though, the real issues are geo political and are all related to oil, the preservation of power and arms sales...what is likley to kick off now that Iran is freer of sanctions is........... all hell... the suadis and iranian situation is tribal and goes back centuries, what both will do over yemen now that Iran is "freer" is unthinkable and will have massive world wide ramifications...within the big picture Scotland is nothing but an irrelevant pimple

Now you see, when it comes to things like Iran who are very capable of making an atomic bomb, I will happily admit, that is when I bury my head in the sand. If they are going to start that sort of nonsense, I would rather not know about it, and I certainly would not want to survive it, far too many tv programmes and films about what happens after a nucleur attack, that is just not for me !

Now you see, when it comes to things like Iran who are very capable of making an atomic bomb, I will happily admit, that is when I bury my head in the sand. If they are going to start that sort of nonsense, I would rather not know about it, and I certainly would not want to survive it, far too many tv programmes and films about what happens after a nucleur attack, that is just not for me !
    US talks with Iran and nuclear devices have led to break through, US inspectors to be given access and US lifting sanctions on Iran, a conventional war in the middle east bewteen Suaid / Iran over yemen wils soon escalate, chuck in ISIS and Syria and very scary times !

I was half listening to David Cameron's speech regarding Britain and ISIS yesterday. It was' nt as much what he said that was interesting, it was the reaction to it. They were interviewing a woman that said half the men that had gone to Syria are now back in Britain. This is just my opinion, but If ISIS decide to strike us, they will do it from within. 7/7 being the prime example. If you listen to the interviews after 7/7, and terrorist attacks thereafter, the most common thing people will say is, they were such nice people. That, is what you have to worry about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33590305
    Last edited by cptdodger; 21-Jul-15 at 10:34.

The guy is no doubt a clever well connected bloke, he's a degree and phd, some of the causes he is involved with / voluntary work is very commendable...but he has let himself down big time being shown to be on the make or rather making jobs for the boys, undermines his "good works".... according to his blurb in his the first degree he researched and reported on the sources of stress and the coping strategies deployed among the police officers and support staff of Northern Constabulry...he should keep holyrood right then.... given stress levels in police scotland.
    Obviously not that well connected with Northern Constabulary - http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...e_mail_charge/.

Apparently lucky not to do time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander1 View Post
    Obviously not that well connected with Northern Constabulary - http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...e_mail_charge/.

Apparently lucky not to do time.
    He criticised somebody?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast