Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Paul Monaghan tells racist cybernat to " keep it up "

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Default Paul Monaghan tells racist cybernat to " keep it up "

I think the article puts this in context far better than I could but this behaviour is not what one expects from an elected official.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politic...t-up-1-3835158

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    I think the article puts this in context far better than I could but this behaviour is not what one expects from an elected official.

I was e mailed this at 8 00 this morning and decided not to post it as flat earthers would pile in defending the person in question, bascially either the Scotman are lying or there is truth in the story. did did you see the get of jail clause :

The SNP will take appropriate action on members whosebehaviour falls below the standards we expect. We fully expect other parties to do the same – everyone has a responsibility to maintain a positive level ofpolitical debate online and elsewhere.” : clearly implying that the issue ofcyber trolls is not theres alone......fair enough plenyt of nutters hiding behind by names and PC's out there, but this is an MP interacting with a a very dubious character........this behaviour is not what one expects from an elected official.

Also see http://www.scotsman.com/news/comment...-out-1-3834528 an interesting read on recent good economic performance in Scotland...quite possibly propoganda / or not, depending on what / who you believe

Last edited by rob murray; 20-Jul-15 at 10:10.

Default troll

If this is a true story then he should resign now
    How can anyone who is not SCOTTISH and of an ethnic background or from another country go to him for help
    Its disgraceful
    Come on NICOLA get the SNP cleaned up an stand up in HOLYROOD and say that any sort of rascism is not wanted in SCOTLANDand that DOES include people south of our border who seem to be fair game for some small minded bigots who support this type of behaviour

Well as I said the scotsman are either lying or the story is true....agree with your comments logically and morally..... How can anyone who is not SCOTTISH and of an ethnic background or from another country go to him for any help.

I do'nt do twitter ! but can you hack it, as in somebody is pretending to be him ?

amazing how anything that's anti SNP, anti independence or against an SNP member gets jumped on by the usual crew yet anything said about the rest of the crooks in Westminster and nobody bothers their backside. "Keep it up" it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post

Well, I sat in Thurso Police Station last year for over an hour giving a statement due to some peoples "sense of humour" It was a Facebook page that had sprung up just after the Referendum, some of the content made me feel physically sick. So, that is what people voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    Well, I sat in Thurso Police Station last year for over an hour giving a statement due to some peoples "sense of humour" It was a Facebook page that had sprung up just after the Referendum, some of the content made me feel physically sick. So, that is what people voted for.
    Can I ask what the situation was ie contents of face book that you had to be in a police station. Only social media Im on is linkedin and .org prefer it that way and sometimes I get so sick of the org I run for cover but it always pulls me back as I feel bullied and harassed my people ( who shall remain nameless ) so I have had nonenties shouting clear off south to put it mildy, the modertion of this site actually is very very poor etc etc etc........

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Can I ask what the situation was ie contents of face book that you had to be in a police station. Only social media Im on is linkedin and .org prefer it that way and sometimes I get so sick of the org I run for cover but it always pulls me back as I feel bullied and harassed my people ( who shall remain nameless ) so I have had nonenties shouting clear off south to put it mildy, the modertion of this site actually is very very poor etc etc etc........
    Just shortly after the Referendum on the 21st of September, I was directed by a friend in America to a page that had been set up by people calling themselves "The Scottish Republican Army" on it was (amongst others) photo's of Lee Rigby, photo's of the London Bombings (7/7) another photo of a child with a knife at his neck (as in the beheadings by IS) basically saying the same would happen to No voters and other things that were even worse, I was that angry and disgusted, I was literally shaking. So I filled in an online form to the Police, with the links to the page and was contacted soon after, it was'nt just me that reported it. It was dealt with by the Anti Terrorism section.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1..._Army_website/
    Last edited by cptdodger; 20-Jul-15 at 11:49.

[QUOTE=cptdodger;1124447]Just shortly after the Referendum on the 21st of September, I was directed by a friend in America to a page that had been set up by people calling themselves "The Scottish Republican Army" on it was (amongst others) photo's of Lee Rigby, photo's of the London Bombings (7/7) another photo of a child with a knife at his neck (as in the beheadings by IS) basically saying the same would happen to No voters and other things that were even worse, I was that angry and disgusted, I was literally shaking. So I filled in an online form to the Police, with the links to the page and was contacted soon after, it was'nt just me that reported it. It was dealt with by the Anti Terrorism section.

My god.......that is mindblowing.......truly awful.....staggering.

I was actually scared I would be accused of wasting their time, but thankfully they took it seriously.

Im not really into politics but have seen this in todays paper so felt the need to read the article. Just out of interest why does it not show the exact tweet to which that guy Paul has replied to "keep it up" as it seems a bit one sided??

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

There are a number of tweets between them it's not just one tweet!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAndrew View Post
    Im not really into politics but have seen this in todays paper so felt the need to read the article. Just out of interest why does it not show the exact tweet to which that guy Paul has replied to "keep it up" as it seems a bit one sided??
    It is very possible that the paper could not repeat the tweets, or I should say print the persons tweets he was responding to. As I said before, regarding the Facebook page "The Scottish Republican Army" I could only put on here a tiny percentage of what was written on that page, as the majority of the stuff on there was horrendous. I think it was mentioned in the link to the Scotsman, about her having a picture of a hanging in which she said that, that was what was going to happen to "no" voters. I can guarantee that would just be the tip of the iceberg.

I have just had a look again at the link, this is a paragraph -

"Among her posts was a video of a storm flooding Barmouth in Wales, accompanying which she wrote: “pity it cant hit birmingham then we could get rid of all the p****.”

She also posted a picture of a person hanging from a gibbet with the words: “typical No voter after sep 18.”
    Last edited by cptdodger; 22-Jul-15 at 15:07.