Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Cameron Want The Union ?

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    Nothing to do with this thread at all, but Rob do you remember I was talking about watching the history of all the Highland hospitals on their television at Raigmore? I asked The Highland Archive Centre on facebook if there was a link this is what they replied to me -

Highland Archive Centre Valerie, Hi. This presentation is not available online. It was derived from a research project undertaken on behalf of the NHS. A copy of the final report 'The Hospitals of the Highlands - their origin and development' is available to view in the Archive Searchroom. Many of the images are taken from photographs held in the NHS Highland Health Board Archives which again are available to view in our searchroom. Please contact us directly at archives@highlifehighland.com if you have any further questions. HAC

So, I take it from that they have a website as well !
    Many thanks will try and track this site down !

Shakes head

The SNP have been committed to the policy of giving 16/17 year olds the vote since the mid 80s. Since the came into government they have ensured 16/17 year olds get the vote in every electoral process where they have had the power to do so. When the decision was made to give the vote to 16/17 year olds EVERYONE (including the SNP) knew they were polling a majority for NO. It was however policy to give them the vote so that is what the SNP did.

No one living outside Scotland was able to vote in the referendum(except armed forces personnel) because it was a decision for the people of Scotland. People living here from all over the place. It was a decision to be made based on residency not ethnicity. And, actually, that was the right thing to do. It's a bit amusing that you are arguing that the SNP doesn't want the influence of people who live in England when many thousands of members are, in fact English, and even some of their Elected representatives (Gosh horror) are English too.

It's also a bit ironic that in a thread where we see muttering about "nationalist abuse" yet again, we also see the SNP referred to as the NSP in a sort of laughing up his sleeve sneering sort of way. The inference that the SNP is the same as the NSP is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. After all the Ninja Sex Party aren't political at all, they are a comedy synth pop band for goodness sake.
    Last edited by squidge; 18-Jul-15 at 01:34.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Shakes head

The SNP have been committed to the policy of giving 16/17 year olds the vote since the mid 80s. Since the came into government they have ensured 16/17 year olds get the vote in every electoral process where they have had the power to do so. When the decision was made to give the vote to 16/17 year olds EVERYONE (including the SNP) knew they were polling a majority for NO. It was however policy to give them the vote so that is what the SNP did.

No one living outside Scotland was able to vote in the referendum(except armed forces personnel) because it was a decision for the people of Scotland. People living here from all over the place. It was a decision to be made based on residency not ethnicity. And, actually, that was the right thing to do. It's a bit amusing that you are arguing that the SNP doesn't want the influence of people who live in England when many thousands of members are, in fact English, and even some of their Elected representatives (Gosh horror) are English too.

It's also a bit ironic that in a thread where we see the muttering about insulting SNP members yet again, we also see the SNP referred to as the NSP in a sort of laughing up his sleeve sneering sort of way. The inference that the SNP is the same as the NSP is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. After all the Ninja Sex Party aren't political at all, they are a comedy synth pop band for goodness sake.
    Yer back....welcome..........................ta ta
    Last edited by rob murray; 17-Jul-15 at 16:04. Reason: dont wish to particpate with this person

Shakes head

It's also a bit ironic that in a thread where we see the muttering about insulting SNP members yet again, we also see the SNP referred to as the NSP in a sort of laughing up his sleeve sneering sort of way. The inference that the SNP is the same as the NSP is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. After all the Ninja Sex Party aren't political at all, they are a comedy synth pop band for goodness sake.

Why oh why......................................ok your right you always are
    Last edited by rob murray; 17-Jul-15 at 16:05. Reason: why bother Ill stick to history Im beat

Oh dear Rob Murray, how dare you speak or type ill of the party that's presently in power at Hollyrood, your are being insulting and totally wrong. Squidge is always correct and has a very thin skin when the Nats are mentioned, I know, I was told off on an alternative social media, by Squidge, telling me not to post or add anything on her pro Nat propaganda, in my humble opinion that is what the Nats are very good at cyber bullying, do not disagree with me or my opinions.Keep up the good work Rob Murray
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Oh dear Rob Murray, how dare you speak or type ill of the party that's presently in power at Hollyrood, your are being insulting and totally wrong. Squidge is always correct and has a very thin skin when the Nats are mentioned, I know, I was told off on an alternative social media, by Squidge, telling me not to post or add anything on her pro Nat propaganda, in my humble opinion that is what the Nats are very good at cyber bullying, do not disagree with me or my opinions.Keep up the good work Rob Murray
    Well...I agree she came charging in from knowhere, with offensive remarks aimed at me, when I had started the post off with a request for no sidey remarks, yet others had posted to, and her posting, which when you read it, makes little sense whatsoever. ie " It's a bit amusing that you are arguing that the SNP doesn't want the influence of people who live in England when many thousands of members are, in fact English, and even some of their Elected representatives (Gosh horror) are English too. ....now what is that about ! Any respect I had for the person is 100% gone. Yes she is nothing more than a cyber bully..well crack on wummen......as Alex said eh !! I wont resort to the gutter nor be bawled down.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Once upon a time there wis a great nation but its King took on another job so he wis 2 kings but that couldna happen so he became wan king.And then the parliament of that great nation wis flogged by a parcel of rogues and the once great nation became pert o what became Great Britain, but then a whiley later a chiel who called himself king but the English called a pretender tried to start a couple o rammies but all wis quate until another chiel came over fy France and started up a beeg fecht, he loost and then all ae clans who were in ae fecht were hammered by ae nasty English and then they all lost their wee hoosies and some went til Glesgo and some til America and some stied far they were. An at wis it until a a mannie came along and sade we should be a nation agane and bawled and shouted and they hed a vote aboot et and ae mannie and his pals loost. But ae mannie got a wifie in and they sade we never loost so wull fecht again and fechting is fit is goin on noo al ae time and ae folkies are scunnered seek o all ae cerry on and fechting and name callin. Cos ye see ae folkise hed a vote to, and ae folkies said noh, so ae folkies are thinkin maybe noh means yes.

Aha So I put my head above the parapet and the lies and the insults start and from only one factual and I thought slightly amusing post. The NSP is indeed an abbreviation of Ninja Syth Party. It was supposed to be a humerous juxtaposition of outrage and nonsense but I guess the subtelties are lost on you guys.

It is with great regret that Golach seeks to be so rude to me and misrepresent the fact that I told him not to Troll MY personal Facebook page after another in a long line of insulting rude and unpleasant posts that I have tolerated for far too long as he is a dear old man who I remain rather fond of :/ but I guess I have to accept that.

It seems that there remains me only prepared to tackle the rubbish posted here and j am only doing so when something which is untrue or wrong us posted. sadly the attempts to silence any opposing views seem to have worked. I am only able to be here infrequently so I guess you can simply talk to yourselves until the next time.
    Last edited by squidge; 17-Jul-15 at 17:04.

It's also a bit ironic that in a thread where we see the muttering about insulting SNP members yet again,
    To my knowledge I never insulted any SNP members, Holyrood maybe, but if you are going to have a dig at Rob, include me in that, it's quite clearly not just him that dislikes the SNP (party, not voters)

Aha So I put my head above the parapet and the lies and the insults start and from only one factual and I thought slightly amusing post. The NSP is indeed an abbreviation of Ninja Syth Party. It was supposed to be a humerous juxtaposition of outrage and nonsense but I guess the subtelties are lost on you guys. It is with great regret that Golach seeks to be so rude to me and misrepresent the fact that I told him not to Troll MY personal Facebook page after another in a long line of insulting rude and unpleasant posts that I have tolerated for far too long as he is a dear old man who I remain rather fond of :/ but I guess I have to accept that. It seems that there remains me only prepared to tackle the rubbish posted here and j am only doing so when something which is untrue or wrong us posted. sadly the attempts to silence any opposing views seem to have worked. I am only able to be here infrequently so I guess you can simply talk to yourselves until the next time.
    Squidge I am feeling insulted here, I admit I am old, but I consider myself as being fairly cheap and in no way dear, if posting alternative opinions of your party is insulting , your wrong ,I think we live in a democracy, So my opinions are just as valid as yours. Please no more patronising posts .
    Last edited by golach; 17-Jul-15 at 18:44.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

If that is what you had done Golach that would have been fine and perfectly acceptable. What you did, as you had done many times before is chuck in yet another dig and this was my response.

Stop trolling my Facebook page I am not engaging in any sort of argument with you honey cos you just fall out with me and say something rude. Because I like you that makes me sad. I hope you are well. xxx

I took the bits out that identify you and where you are but Folks can decide for themselves if that is bullying you. I have no more to say.

pS I was referring to the comment you made about nationalists being insulting cpt. I'm sorry if it was not clear
    Last edited by squidge; 17-Jul-15 at 18:58.

pS I was referring to the comment you made about nationalists being insulting cpt. I'm sorry if it was not clear
    Sorry, I'm not with you, did I say nationalists were insulting ?, or you think my comments regarding the SNP are insulting?

I can't get used to this Unionist, which I presume I am or Nationalist, I am not particularly keen on being branded to be honest.
    Last edited by cptdodger; 17-Jul-15 at 19:52.

It seems that there remains me only prepared to tackle the rubbish posted here and j am only doing so when something which is untrue or wrong us posted. sadly the attempts to silence any opposing views seem to have worked. I am only able to be here infrequently so I guess you can simply talk to yourselves until the next time.
    I have just re read your posts. It is only "rubbish" to you, because we do not tow the party line. You can shake your head as much as you like, you can try and tackle as much as you like, but I will tell you this, at least when we do post, it is not in the condescending manner in which you choose to. I am no expert in politics, but I can voice an opinion, I have no idea why the SNP do what they do, but I am allowed to discuss it. And thank you, we are quite happy talking to each other, I am sure we will manage "until the next time".

The rubbish I referred to was that being spoken about 16/17 year olds being given the vote to swing the referendum when there is clearly evidence ( that has been shown on this board time and time again as we have had this discussion here again and again that this has been SNP policy for almost 30 years ) and the ridiculous suggestion that the electoral mandate should have been based on ethnicity, that somehow scots born people who no longer live here should have more of a say that someone from France, or indeed England, who actually lives here. In fact there were many occasions when I was told that I should not be campaigning or speaking up for independence because I am English and had no right to try to influence scots - told that by people supporting Better Together. Inwas also told a few times to "go back to England because "my type" were not wanted here in Scotland. The mandate could not be based on ethnicity because the referendum was not about ethnicity. It was not about "being Scottish".

Just for the record however I have never referred to you as a unionist. I haven't given any thought or asked anyone what they voted in the referendum since waking up on 19th September 2014. Seems to me however that it's all some people talk about.

If you think I am patronising by pointing out the inaccuracies, inferences and plain nonsense that i mentioned above then so be it. I will take on board your comments and bear them in mind next time I post.
    Last edited by squidge; 18-Jul-15 at 07:46.

How about a lovely cyber group hug and start again?

Just for the record however I have never referred to you as a unionist. I haven't given any thought or asked anyone what they voted in the referendum since waking up on 19th September 2014. Seems to me however that it's all some people talk about.
    I will ask you again - Originally Posted by squidge
    pS I was referring to the comment you made about nationalists being insulting cpt. I'm sorry if it was not clear (QUOTE)

Should there be a comma between nationalists and being, or are you saying nationalists are insulting?

If you think I am patronising by pointing out the inaccuracies, inferences and plain nonsense that i mentioned above then so be it. I will take on board your comments and bear them in mind next time I post.
    I actually said your posts are condescending, and going by the above quote, it seems you just cannot help yourself.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Brings to mind a wonderful line from the Great Bard himself 1602,Hamlet it would appear not much has changed in all these years. Methinks !
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 19-Jul-15 at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Brings to mind a wonderful line from the Great Bard himself 1602,Hamlet it would appear not much has changed in all these years. Methinks !
    You think Squidge is in questionable shape?

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Would the NSP not claim that they have limited devolved powers though and westminster is not giving them what they want, re devolved powers, whilst now tying their hands behind their backs in westminster ? I can see that would be their spin on it.
    What other spin can you put on it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast