Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The SNP : FFA / OIL Revenue Sham Exposed At Last : The Dream Is Dead

Default The SNP : FFA / OIL Revenue Sham Exposed At Last : The Dream Is Dead

The SNP Scottish government has now at last admitted and lowered its estimates over how much revenues will be generated fromNorth Sea oil and gas. The oil and gas bulletin, which laid out five scenarios, saidtotal receipts could be as small as£2.4bn or as high as £10.8bn between 2015/16 and 2019/20.
    The best case scenario of £10.8bn is far worse than the gloomiest SNP forecast published last year.
    Full fiscal autonomy
    Clearly the figures have blownthe SNP's policy of full fiscal autonomy out of the water and holed them beneath the water line, whats worse is the Scottish government tried to "sneak the report out on the last day of parliament".
    Last week the SNP trooped through the westminster lobbies with the extreme right wing of the Tory party to vote for full fiscal autonomy. It is as clear as day now that they knew the policy would be a disaster for Scotland - the SNP government's own figures prove it so why did they team up with right wing tories bawling out for FFA if they knew that the finances were a complete and utter bogey ???? Are they nuts ????

The SNP government's credibility is now falling faster than their own massive downgrades to forecast receipts and the report blows a massive hole in proposals for Scotland to scrap the Barnett formula and adopt full fiscal autonomy. Feel sorry for Sturgeon though...literally 15 minutes of fame ! Now whats their serious plans to plug the gap and get new industries moving ?

Yes voters / flat earthers / deniers...your own party has come clean, so admit it the dream is over...............answers please
    Last edited by rob murray; 25-Jun-15 at 16:52.

Cameron has got them by the short and curlies now, he should now give them FFA....and honour Swinneys daft letter to him for more fiscal powers....Swinney wrote his letter knowing damn well fine what the oil revenues predications were...theyve now come clean....what a brainless numpty.....what a stupid "political trick" to pull . Thats the 56 destroyed in a matter of weeks...a laughing stock....Greece here we come, still we used to be very good at piracy years back
    Last edited by rob murray; 25-Jun-15 at 16:45.

lovely to know that england will be of kind as to provide us with money to keep us in the standard of living that we have. A kind thank you to the people of the land of birth. What wonderful people the english are, so proud to of been born one.
    Wondering why though so many people in scotland seem to revel in the fact that Scotland is to poor to support itself.

Good bless my fellow english countrymen & women

I take it you live in Scotland Rob Murray ? Why would you revel in the thought of us losing money due to the low oil price ? Scotland is more than oil, we have many industries that make this country great. The oil is a bonus that many worse off country's don't have but still manage to run themselves. I for one would welcome FFA so that as a country we could stand on our own two feet. There would be no excuses no blame on Westminster. Or are you so blinded by hatred of the SNP that you rather see the country crash and burn ? Bitter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Surferstu85 View Post
    I take it you live in Scotland Rob Murray ? Why would you revel in the thought of us losing money due to the low oil price ? Scotland is more than oil, we have many industries that make this country great. The oil is a bonus that many worse off country's don't have but still manage to run themselves. I for one would welcome FFA so that as a country we could stand on our own two feet. There would be no excuses no blame on Westminster. Or are you so blinded by hatred of the SNP that you rather see the country crash and burn ? Bitter ?
    Last edited by rob murray; 26-Jun-15 at 09:25. Reason: cannot argue with a denier

Quote Originally Posted by gerry4 View Post
    lovely to know that england will be of kind as to provide us with money to keep us in the standard of living that we have. A kind thank you to the people of the land of birth. What wonderful people the english are, so proud to of been born one.
    Wondering why though so many people in scotland seem to revel in the fact that Scotland is to poor to support itself.

Good bless my fellow english countrymen & women
    Last edited by rob murray; 26-Jun-15 at 09:21. Reason: not worth replying to

Last edited by rob murray; 26-Jun-15 at 09:34. Reason: snp trolls

Yes but you forget one thing with the other country's they do not have full free NHS which cost this country huge amounts of money to keep. Benfits yes name me other country's that give out as much as we do. If you were to go alone, how would Scotland cope with keeping NHS free and benfits, Tax that is the only way which will mean with south having lower tax this would attract companies south. It is a fact there are less start up business and new business in Scotland since referendum.
    Last edited by Scout; 26-Jun-15 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Yes but you forget one thing with the other country's they do not have full free NHS which cost this country huge amounts of money to keep. Benfits yes name me other country's that give out as much as we do. If you were to go alone, how would Scotland cope with keeping NHS free and benfits, Tax that is the only way which will mean with south having lower tax this would attract companies south. It is a fact there are less start up business and new business in Scotland since referendum.
    AHem............you to must be blinded by hatred.....................

Boring - Boring - Rob Murray - spits out put down , anti Scottish rhetoric but never actually answers direct questions. Why don't we rename this forum as Rob Murray Better Together Mutual Admiration Club

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
    Boring - Boring - Rob Murray - spits out put down , anti Scottish rhetoric but never actually answers direct questions. Why don't we rename this forum as Rob Murray Better Together Mutual Admiration Club
    I want to be a member of that elite group, at least they tell the truth unlike the yesnp
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

As that the best you can come up.............Another flat earther / truth deniar just like surferstu85...things are getting seriously boring on here...... just to remind you the original post ( not my words but the BBC's as now recoginised by the SNP Scottish government are below ) : but hell so what eh ! the third biggest employer in scotland being booted into touch, astronomical fall in SNP predicted tax revenues, we can all live with this, cant we ?

The SNP Scottish government has now at last admitted and lowered its estimates over how much revenues will be generated fromNorth Sea oil and gas. The oil and gas bulletin, which laid out five scenarios, saidtotal receipts could be as small as£2.4bn or as high as £10.8bn between 2015/16 and 2019/20.
    The best case scenario of £10.8bn is far worse than the gloomiest SNP forecast published last year.
    Full fiscal autonomy
    Clearly the figures have blownthe SNP's policy of full fiscal autonomy out of the water and holed them beneath the water line, whats worse is the Scottish government tried to "sneak the report out on the last day of parliament".
    Last week the SNP trooped through the westminster lobbies with the extreme right wing of the Tory party to vote for full fiscal autonomy. It is as clear as day now that they knew the policy would be a disaster for Scotland - the SNP government's own figures prove it so why did they team up with right wing tories bawling out for FFA if they knew that the finances were a complete and utter bogey ???? Are they nuts ????
    Last edited by rob murray; 26-Jun-15 at 15:38.

OK mate...nows your chance ask a direct question...as you put it, because no one has of me anyway other than am I a scot ??? Fire away

It breaks my heart that 45% of the country voted for this well aware this sort of stuff could happen. It seems they couldn't give a damn about the ones at the bottom.

Even at the SNP's best estimates, if we were independent this coming year, just to maintain eveything where it is, all spending right now at current levels, we would need to:

Bridge the £7bn hole the oil price has blown in our budget. For the UK this would be the equivalent of bridging £80bn
    Borrow a further £12bn to bridge the gap in spending and revenues Westminster makes up just now. Thats the part that westminster borrows just now and is included already in FFA calculations. For context, the UK deficit right now is around £75bn a year.

In total, that's £19bn a year (its gonna be even higher next year by the looks of things) but we will hold it at £19bn.

To put that £19bn into context, that is the equivalent of the UK having a Deficit of around £220bn......a year.......every year.........and that would sink the UK.

It would be austerity russian style (go see the reforms Putin enacted there last year) combined with a hefty tax hike on everyone (I am all for this) that frankly no one in the yes camp would care about just because they got a yes vote.

And the worst thing about it is not one yesser will ever admit they bought a crock of nonsense and then had the teremity to criticise others for disadreeing, all the while complaining about them reading mainstream propoganda.
    There are basically 3 type of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    It breaks my heart that 45% of the country voted for this well aware this sort of stuff could happen. It seems they couldn't give a damn about the ones at the bottom.

Even at the SNP's best estimates, if we were independent this coming year, just to maintain eveything where it is, all spending right now at current levels, we would need to:

Bridge the £7bn hole the oil price has blown in our budget. For the UK this would be the equivalent of bridging £80bn
    Borrow a further £12bn to bridge the gap in spending and revenues Westminster makes up just now. Thats the part that westminster borrows just now and is included already in FFA calculations. For context, the UK deficit right now is around £75bn a year.

In total, that's £19bn a year (its gonna be even higher next year by the looks of things) but we will hold it at £19bn.

To put that £19bn into context, that is the equivalent of the UK having a Deficit of around £220bn......a year.......every year.........and that would sink the UK.

It would be austerity russian style (go see the reforms Putin enacted there last year) combined with a hefty tax hike on everyone (I am all for this) that frankly no one in the yes camp would care about just because they got a yes vote.

And the worst thing about it is not one yesser will ever admit they bought a crock of nonsense and then had the teremity to criticise others for disadreeing, all the while complaining about them reading mainstream propoganda.
    Couldnt agree more, well said....or a crock of anti braveheart propoganda...depending on your view point....if we use this forum as representation / a barometer of "political" opinion then Im afraid we have a fragmented divided nation on our hands that will take generations to heal...I mean how can anyone realistically argue against the facts...even the SNP government...yes the damn government now admit that their oil tax take and projections are and were completly wrong....so how anyone can argue that oil is nothing but a bonus / scotland being a succesful rich country without oil is beyond me when their own representatives admit that the low oil take has holed them........

I take it you live in Scotland Rob Murray ? yes born and bred lineage goes back centuries

Why would you revel in the thought of us losing money due to the low oil price ? Excuse me I didnt rabbit on and fool the electorate on nonsensical predications based on a nonsensical oil tax take
    Scotland is more than oil, we have many industries that make this country great. Like what, the 3 largest sectors in Scotland are Oil, Public sector ( reliant on tax ) and Financial Services ( who made it quiet clear that they wont contenance independance and wil move HQ's / jobs if that happened )

The oil is a bonus that many worse off country's don't have but still manage to run themselves.Absolute nonsense, you mean banana republics do you ?? This is your give away remark....SNP propoganda / social media garbage Oil is a bonus...well go down to Aberdeen spout this crap in a bar and take the concequences then...

I for one would welcome FFA so that as a country we could stand on our own two feet. Good for you, at least rcognise many people hold opposite views

There would be no excuses no blame on Westminster. The only folk blaming westminster ( for what exactly ?? ) is the SNP

are you so blinded by hatred of the SNP that you rather see the country crash and burn ? Bitter ?
    : Best mates are SNP party members and activists pal.....Anyway this is a contradictory statement....If the country crashes and burns it will be because of having FFA thrust on us when oil prices are so low, and only 1 party wants this...the SNP so logically they and by definition YOU want this to happpen

Ok heres some direct questions for you ( try not to use Wings over Scotland please..lets hear yur own thoughts )

1 WHy is the oil barrel price so low ?
    2 Why does industry accept that 60 /65 dollars is the ceiling for a long time to come
    3 Given independance aspirations / desire for FFA...How will a scottish government plug the fiscal gap caused by low oil tax take
    4 Why is it justifyable to have a freeze on council tax and deprive LA's of £500 millions
    5 What services do you suggest Highland Council cut given their deficit...and why ?
    6 What revenue raising powers do the scottish government have..are they using them ?
    7 WHy should millionaires enjoy non means tested benefits ?

Thatll do for starters eh !

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Someone ought to point the poster to Nicola Sturgeons recent article in the Daily Mail of all papers on cybernats and not making personal digs at people but keeping the debate on policy robust but respectful.

It's also worth noting that the SNP are now distancing themselves from the most vociferous trolls and threatening to take action if any are found to be members of the party.

As for the oil debate I think even the SNP themselves have accepted the figures they put forward have now been discredited.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Someone ought to point the poster to Nicola Sturgeons recent article in the Daily Mail of all papers on cybernats and not making personal digs at people but keeping the debate on policy robust but respectful.

It's also worth noting that the SNP are now distancing themselves from the most vociferous trolls and threatening to take action if any are found to be members of the party.

As for the oil debate I think even the SNP themselves have accepted the figures they put forward have now been discredited.
    Well.......the thought did cross my mind...interesting to see Sturgeons comments...but the genies out the bottle now..any tom dick or harry accessing propoganda sites can hide behind pseudo names and re spout nonsense....oh seeing as Sturgeon was at the Oil conference on Monday there was no hiding from the reality for her, she heard it all straight from the real experts..oil operators ! But still had the nerve to have a go at westminster ie give tax breaks for further oil field exploration.....does she not get it....further exploration is all very well but its getting the stuff out the ground at 60 / 65 dollars a barrel ( ie costs deducted from top line barrel price as welll 60 / 65 is a gross figure not net ) and make profit that is the big challenge, tax breaks are only a small part of the equation. But heres the silver buller, could an independant Scotland afford such tax breaks...... She is in obvious agreement with the effects and fiscal hole caused by low prices, announcing this yesterday buys the time until parliament re opens to get their alternative spin together and I await that with interest !
    Last edited by rob murray; 26-Jun-15 at 16:27.

If succeeding Westminster governments can only see fit to run the UK as a deficit then by the unionist argument, the UK doesn't deserve independence or its own full fiscal autonomy either! Funny how Westminster is keen to keep hold of the oil revenues though, I mean, well, it is only in Scotland that we're so gullible to think that oil is a curse while Westminster need it to go some way to balance the books.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast