Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Musical Map of Caithness...promoting Caithness through music!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Musical Map of Caithness...promoting Caithness through music!

Gordon Gunn and NHI have recently created the 'Musical Map of Caithness' which is a CD that tells the story of Caithness through Celtic instrumental songs. Each song is accompanied by a narrative that talks a little bit more about the attractions. We hope that visitors to the area will be interested in picking up a CD to accompany them on their musical journey across Caithness or perhaps you may even fancy a copy for a relative or for your dad for Fathers Day?

On Friday we are launching the CD at Caithness Horizons between 2pm & 4pm. We will be playing the CD so come along have a listen, enjoy some refreshments and maybe even purchase one! We will also be offering an exclusive 10% discount code for anyone who wants to purchase the CD online.

We would love it if you could come along to support this fantastic new product for Caithness! See you there?

I am in the process off creating a CD for charity with different musicians from Caithness to show that there is a lot of creative and varied talent of differing genres across the county...Its called Caithness Jam!
    This too will help show the world what we are capable of...
    Good luck with the CD!
    Angel...
    I'm not perfect, which is a shame really, as everyone else is!

Brilliant stuff...Caithness has a long long reputation in delivering the goods on music, produced some great musicians and bands covering a range of genres Scottish traditional, Gael / Celtic / Country / Rock.......over the years, very best of luck for the CD I will be buying it ! Gordy Gunn / NHI CD release also sounds a great buy. Proving the creative spirit is alive and well in Caithness

See Thurso Rock band, Estrella ( well most are from Thurso ) are to release their second album and Neon Waltz ( all Caithnessians I believe ? ) have their debut album up and comming.....talented placey is Caithness.......

Neon Waltz are all Caithnesians and went to Wick High school.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Neon Waltz are all Caithnesians and went to Wick High school.
    Good stuff ! Excellent band ( to my ears anyway )