Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: House burgled in Henderson street

Default House burgled in Henderson street

My brothers house was burgled yesterday afternoon and reported to the police about 5pm but as of 11am today the police have still not been to the property .

Dontcha know our Police Farce is out there all the time catching real crims like speeders, bad parkers, litter louts etc. A mere burglary is not on their priority list. Of course there is always a change that another burglary would be bad for the reported crime figures so maybe it should be quietly forgotten about ?.
    Anyway hope your bro gets a result.

Next they will be turning up accusing him of doing it himself, we have had our own experience of that! I wonder if the fact that he is gay and disabled has anything to do with the lack of police presence!? My mind boggles! He will have to stay out the house surley til C.I.D have been and taken finger prints etc!? Am I right?

What exactly do you expect the police to do?
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    What exactly do you expect the police to do?
    What they are employed and paid to do perchance?
    Last edited by Shaggy; 12-Jun-15 at 21:57.

At the very least provide a crime ref no for the insurance company.
    Take statements and record damage and items taken.
    Maybe even talk to neighbours to find out if they saw anything/anyone?
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Police Scotland will usually only attend the scene of a Housebreaking if they have a reasonable chance of finding enough evidence to progress an enquiry. They don’t have the luxury of resources highlighted in programs like CSI New York. They will usually issue a crime number upon receipt of the report. Of course if a victim has photographs of items of value that have been stolen they will endeavour to circulate them in case they turn up at auction etc. Likewise if the victim is aware that a neighbour might have witnessed something they could be interested. However they have to weigh up the cost of police time and resources against the likelihood of catching the perpetrator.
    If Sgitheanach’s brother feels the police are not doing enough he might want to visit the police station and ask a senior officer and have all this explained to him.
    We should also remember that Police Scotland is a public sector body and have been subjected to the same savage cuts that have blighted the rest of the public sector.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

So can anyone explain what the Police actually DO nowadays, if not even visiting the scene of a burglary/break-in ?

I think it's time I went out on a burglary spree...well I will do when I know the cost of a police call-out...then I shall steal things just below that cost...then I wont even have to run away...
    Do New Look sell striped jumpers?

Angel...
    I'm not perfect, which is a shame really, as everyone else is!