Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cuts : Scotland : fight the UK government's proposed cuts and the cuts to Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    And this is the best retort to debate that an SNP supporter can come up with, plenty people are losing their minds over zealous ill informed nationalism...now go to the FFA thread and spell out how the SNP are going to achieve economic prosperity for Scotland...if you cant then I will have to assume your a braveheart with the painted face !

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Oops " you're " lol

The only thing the Scottish people need to be an ordinary sucessful European country is confidence in ourselves. Nothing in this life is guaranteed but we are not exactly near top of the league as things stand. We only have a population of appox. 6 million and we are increasingly exporting home grown comodities. With a small population there is not a massive demand on public services, but at the moment Scotland needs for example more housing, more health workers etc. which under the Barnett formula we'er not getting. With FFA we would be responsible ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    The only thing the Scottish people need to be an ordinary sucessful European country is confidence in ourselves. Nothing in this life is guaranteed but we are not exactly near top of the league as things stand. We only have a population of appox. 6 million and we are increasingly exporting home grown comodities. With a small population there is not a massive demand on public services, but at the moment Scotland needs for example more housing, more health workers etc. which under the Barnett formula we'er not getting. With FFA we would be responsible ourselves.
    Exactly so bring on FFA and please spell out the economic specifics how do we grow to make the money to build the much needed jpuses

Firstly the population of Scotland is 5.295 Million not nearly 6 million. Being an ordinary successful European country requires adoption of the Euro, closer ties with Europe not pushing countries further away. Most of the products Scotland produces are sold south of the border not in Europe. With ageing population there is an increasing demand on public services. There seems to be some muddled thinking going on with your rationale for FFA over the Barnett Formula. More taxes and a shrinking public sector with FFA more austerity than there is currently. Care to explain how FFA is better for Scotland.

If you dont want FFA then an explaination is'nt required.

So there .
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

So what you're basically saying is unless we voted SNP and want their polices such as FFA then as the bulk of the electorate we aren't due an explanation. How very democratic.

Exactly my point, Scotland needs SNP. They are the only people who have all our interests at heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    So what you're basically saying is unless we voted SNP and want their polices such as FFA then as the bulk of the electorate we aren't due an explanation. How very democratic.

Exactly my point, Scotland needs SNP. They are the only people who have all our interests at heart.
    So the fact their total share of the vote fell during the general election by about 150,000 and they represent only about 35% of the total electorate. They represent everyone unless you happen to disagree, then according to you our views are meaningless. That's not very progressive in fact I'd call that a worrying view on democracy. Free and Fair society as long as we agree.

BT stop talking Scotland down ALL the time, surely you can say something positive?

BT stop talking Scotland down ALL the time,
    You should point out examples.

BT stop talking Scotland down ALL the time, surely you can say something positive?
    What are you on about? the SNP lost the referendum 55% to 45%, get over it
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I'm more than happy to oblige your polite request.

Scotland is obviously a bastion of common sense and full of level headed right minded people, like many countries it's blighted by a small minority of bigoted xenophobes. Thankfully 55% of Scotland are at least calm rational people of whom I'm more than delighted to call myself one.

55% of the Scottish residents voted no, not 55% of Scots. An awful lot of people are not over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    I'm more than happy to oblige your polite request.

Scotland is obviously a bastion of common sense and full of level headed right minded people, like many countries it's blighted by a small minority of bigoted xenophobes. Thankfully 55% of Scotland are at least calm rational people of whom I'm more than delighted to call myself one.

55% of the Scottish residents voted no, not 55% of Scots. An awful lot of people are not over it.
    Now what could you possibly be suggesting with that statement.

.Better Together all you say is Scotland is too small, too stupid, too etc etc, to look after ourselves
    I can honestly say I've never heard a single person in favour of the Union utter those words. Scotland is part of a vibrant prosperous positive Union of Nations punching well above their weight globally.

Why on earth would you think otherwise.

Yes a lot of people arent over the 55% no vote...but you have to also factor in scots living in England who couldnt vote in the referendum, thousands of them, c800,000 living in the other parts of the UK . They could contain a substantial % of potential no voters...or yes..we will never know, but point is they didnt get a chance to vote ! Who stopped them....the Scotish government...wonder why ?

An "awful lot," but not a democratic majority.

Don't let's be a bad loser.

The way things are going I'm glad to be pro Scottish and not pro Brittish.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast