Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: harrold tree

Default harrold tree

Hi,if there is anyone with a matching harrold line would love to hear from you and swop info or any info about the harrold line would love to hear :

my great grandfather was DAVID HARROLD born 1863 in Wick died in london his father was DAVID HARROLD born 1832 in wick d 1903 in Edinburgh married to robertina mclennan b 1834 d1872 he had siblings : james,elizabeth,donald,alexander bremner,and janet. his father was DONALD HARROLD born 1796 wick ,married janet coghill b1801 .
    thanks

Default Harrold

There aren't many Harrold's in Caithness. There is the butchers line and ours but I don't know much about our ancestors before 1900. My grandfather was 1 of 11 who originated from Ladysmith near Wick.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki.j. View Post
    Hi,if there is anyone with a matching harrold line would love to hear from you and swop info or any info about the harrold line would love to hear :

my great grandfather was DAVID HARROLD born 1863 in Wick died in london his father was DAVID HARROLD born 1832 in wick d 1903 in Edinburgh married to robertina mclennan b 1834 d1872 he had siblings : james,elizabeth,donald,alexander bremner,and janet. his father was DONALD HARROLD born 1796 wick ,married janet coghill b1801 .
    thanks

thanks, looks like ive reached the end of the line.online records have ended and no responce on any websites/groups all the info i have is this (i may as well add it all ) i did wonder if they origanily would have been from orkney rather than the main land but ive had no luck anywere ive asked

Donald harrold born abt 1796 occupation cooper married janet coghill in 1827 macleay street pulteneytown they had : james born ? david born 1832 ,donald born 1834,alexander bremner born 1838,janet born 1836,elizabeth born ? both parents died no record about 1841- 1851 .

david harrold born 1832 occupation baker married robertina mclennan in 1855 they lived 27 bank row they had cecelia born abt 1858,daniel born abt 1859 , alexander born abt 1859,janet born abt ? , david born 1863, john born abt 1864 robertina born abt 1867 ,jane born abt 1869 ,elizabeth born abt 1871

robertina died 1872 buried in wick david senior went to edinburgh where he died in 1903 buried back in wick with his wife . my great grandad david junior left and moved to london to work as a taylor and thats all i have i asked once before on various places all i got was "thats a norse name"

My brother may be able to help here, as he has done a fair bit of research about our family. Our Harrold line includes David (tailor). Our grandfather was Cyril, and his relatives are those you've mentioned in your post. Not sure if you're the person I messaged on Facebook today about this information.
    Regards, Danielle Monique

yes just replied to it ,lovely to hear from you

Default harrold family

m
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki.j. View Post
    Hi,if there is anyone with a matching harrold line would love to hear from you and swop info or any info about the harrold l
    married to robertina mclennan b 1834 d1872 he had siblings : james,elizabeth,donald,alexander bremner,and janet. his father was DONALD HARROLD born 1796 wick ,married janet coghill b1801 .
    thanks
    my gggrandfather married a janet Harold my fathers cousin married a willie Harold hope it helps

yours donald shearer