Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: pine trees and fir trees

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default pine trees and fir trees

Can anyone tell me what is happening to many of the conifers around the county?. Many of them have turned brown and look as if they die.

ta in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Scunner View Post
    Can anyone tell me what is happening to many of the conifers around the county?. Many of them have turned brown and look as if they die.

ta in advance
    Possible windburn,

There is also a bug affecting the conifers, turns them brown and they die - cannot remember what it is but it has been on the move from the continent, then gradually making its way up the country, been hitting the forestry areas hard. As you drive around you can see large swathes of forestry brown where they should be green, when I first started noticing then asking a few years ago was told it was a fly which carried the disease

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    There is also a bug affecting the conifers, turns them brown and they die - cannot remember what it is but it has been on the move from the continent, then gradually making its way up the country, been hitting the forestry areas hard. As you drive around you can see large swathes of forestry brown where they should be green, when I first started noticing then asking a few years ago was told it was a fly which carried the disease
    that seems more likely than windburn, as the trees are brown all over and look dead